• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Kokonoe

Banned
Kokonoe, what is the meaning behind your avatar?

I must know why Yoshi's Story is there and not Island ;P

My avatar (besides melee) is a few things that aren't liked in the majority on GAF, or they spark debate if labeled as a favorite.

Yoshi Story is there because I think it's a much better game than Island, but it was only until this thread and GAF that I ran into people who regarded Island as a top platformer.

Sonic Adventure 2Battle gets a lot of bad rep in the SonicGAF thread, but I also like that too.

Gold is there because in this thread, the opinion that Gold is the best is more of a minority.
Pichu and Flareon are the minority of this thread as well, and I like those the most in their line of evolutions.

In other words, my tastes are different from the majority in these sections, which I keep getting reminded of every day which I find humorous.

Replaying Pokemon red.... Memories... Why is pokemon so damn great?

Because it's charm is unique and creative, and practically everything about it was done correctly. Which Pokemon did you choose this playthrough?

MikeMyers

Gold is there because in this thread, the opinion that Gold is the best is more of a minority.
Pichu and Flareon are the minority of this thread as well, and I like those the most in their line of evolutions.

I like Flareon, it is just that he is not so great in competitive play.

But in my Leaf Green file, he is my highest level Pokemon.

My avatar (besides melee) is a few things that aren't liked in the majority on GAF, or they spark debate if labeled as a favorite.

Yoshi Story is there because I think it's a much better game than Island, but it was only until this thread and GAF that I ran into people who regarded Island as a top platformer.

Sonic Adventure 2Battle gets a lot of bad rep in the SonicGAF thread, but I also like that too.

In other words, my tastes are different from the majority in these sections, which I keep getting reminded of every day.

Because it's charm is unique and creative, and practically everything about it was done correctly. Which Pokemon did you choose this playthrough?

If you mean Pokegaf, I don't believe Flareon is in the minority in the slightest. Unless you missed our occasional discussions where we lamented poor Flareon's offensive movelist and wonder when he'll get some love from Game Freak. Can't really say much about the others (Well I could but this thread is for Pokemon)

Wiseblade

Wiseblade is Pichu, not Chet.
Pichu = joke character

i0xliHWDilNpj.gif

OMG Aero

I'll be fine with whoever as long as it's at least a bit rare. I could use another Mew I guess.
I think the only current contender that's rare is Celebi, I'm pretty sure every other one has either been a Wi-Fi event or available in-game last gen and I think Celebi was just a store event.

upandaway

I think the only current contender that's rare is Celebi, I'm pretty sure every other one has either been a Wi-Fi event or available in-game last gen and I think Celebi was just a store event.
Wait what, I've got like 3. No way it didn't get any events. I think I got one from a kind GAFer (btkadams) back when it was only a US store thing.

Wichu

Event/cover legendary statuses:
Mewtwo: Got a B/W Wi-Fi event; in HG/SS
Mew: Got a HG/SS Wi-Fi event; in Pokémon Ranch
Lugia/Ho-Oh: In HG/SS
Celebi: In-store only
Groudon/Kyogre: In HG/SS
Rayquaza: In HG/SS; possible future Wi-Fi event (Pokémon Conquest)
Jirachi: Got a D/P/Pt/HG/SS Wi-Fi event
Deoxys: Pokémon Ranger 3 multiplayer reward
Dialga/Palkia/Giratina: In D/P/Pt; in HG/SS with Arceus event
Manaphy: As far as I know, Pokémon Ranger exclusive
Darkrai: Got a B/W Wi-Fi event; Member Pass Wi-Fi event in Platinum
Shaymin: Oak's Letter Wi-Fi event in Platinum
Arceus: D/P/Pt Wi-Fi event
Victini: Got a B/W Wi-Fi event as well as having the Liberty Pass distributed
Reshiram: In Black, White Wi-Fi event
Zekrom: In White, Black Wi-Fi event
Kyurem: In B/W
Keldeo: In-store only

So yeah, Celebi is my most wanted event. It's also the last Pokémon I'm missing in Sapphire (Wi-Fi trading has diminished the achievement of filling your Pokédex a bit). It was never distributed in the UK for 3rd gen games.

Kokonoe

Banned
Is that Eric Stuart as N? Decent enough voice acting in the video, and I never saw this specific animation.

Also, Kyurem Pokeball Z.

Rival sounds like Shadow.

Busaiku

Surprised they localized it at all.
Also that they didn't use Bianca/Elesa's VA from the show.

Also why is Hyper Beam dark?

HOLY CRAP GOKU

Top Bottom