• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

MikeMyers

I always capture Magikarp or buy him through the salesman, and use him on my teams.

He's also a guaranteed encounter on any Nuzlocke run, which is awesome on its own right.

261538_167678026632765_4393225_n.jpg

I like how the guy names all his Pokemon this god or that god. Wait...so what does Flail do again? I keep seeing vids of Magikarp destroying millions with it but...ahh yea, off to Bulbapedia.

EDIT: AHHHH! Wow ummm that's kinda crazy. Vengance of Magikarp? That would make a killer horror film.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Leaving for Hawaii for the 2012 Pokemon World Championships in less than 24 hours :D Gonna get my Red Version signed by Masuda!

Aaaaahhhh I'm sooo jealous.

I don't think I could get my Blue or Silver signed since my mom signed my name on them. :( Maybe the backs I guess...

backlot

547945_3649666159985_332490530_n.jpg

I have all 151 on my Yellow version.

I don't have any of my old Game Boys either. I always sold them when newer versions came out until I got my first job shortly after the original DS came out. It would be so cool to play the original Pokemon on a Game Boy Pocket again.

Zeroth

Deoxys was sent out to die. His first fight was against Mew, there was no way he could've won. I also can't believe Shaymin lost to Giratina, you would imagine an event pokemon would do better against a version mascot available in 3/5 games.

Personally, I'm voting for either Mew or Celebi, though I think Celebi would be my vote in their inevitable fight.

MikeMyers

Hey guys, thanks for all the love towards the Pikachu Gameboy Color, got a lot of sentimental love for that Gameboy Color.

Anyway, I just watched Ash Vs Roxxie and I always laugh seeing Pikachu in this season. Such an outsider among the Unova Pokemon.

After watching that, I'm hyped for B&W2.

PK Gaming

Guys, Genesect is going to get released tomorrow. Anyone else hyped? That thing is going to kick all kinds of ass. (I've been wanting to use it since 2010 lmao)

649.gif

PK Gaming

Released in japan via a wifi event. Its similar to Arceus in that its in the game code but you can't get it without the event item.

Kokonoe

Banned
Well, at least it's another Pokemon with a cannon. One of the few designs I care for in Black and White.
Also was reading this a few weeks ago.

Black
Over 300 million years ago, it was feared as the strongest of hunters. It has been modified by Team Plasma.

White
This ancient bug Pokémon was altered by Team Plasma. They upgraded the cannon on its back.

Sounds like Digimon.

I'm also curious to how it looks without the modifications.

Wichu

Looks like the UK's getting an in-store Keldeo event starting next month, too.
GAME/Gamestation as usual. No locations yet - fingers crossed for Cambridge (though with where past events have been hosted, this seems unlikely). If not, looks like I'll be going down to London.

Wiseblade

Looks like the UK's getting an in-store Keldeo event starting next month, too.
GAME/Gamestation as usual. No locations yet - fingers crossed for Cambridge (though with where past events have been hosted, this seems unlikely). If not, looks like I'll be going down to London.

You say that like Hamleys is a dump. Although the lats time I went there to download a Pokémon, the place was full of cosplayers who hadn't bathed in days.

Firestorm

Holy shit. Did you find it already?

If not don't even bother posting, just find it god damn.
nope :( on the train to the airport now. I do have my first ever Pokemon card though (a base set charmander my friend gave me in 5th grade). Maybe I'll luck out and sugimori will be there this year...

Wichu

Do I smell a south of England PokéGAF meetup brewing?

An October event in GAME/Gamestation Cambridge would be ideal for me, as it would mean I could pop down with uni friends. On the flipside, if the London event is in October, I won't be able to make it :/

I went to the Arceus event at GAME Oxford Street two years ago, and it was fine. Other than the hackers distributing fake Mystery Gifts and making the official one difficult to obtain, that is. I went to the Deoxys (Croydon), Mew (somewhere in North London), Darkrai (Milton Keynes) and Shaymin (Luton) events before that. The Mew one was by far the best despite having the most awkward distribution method - it was held in a large car park, and had tents for various things (e.g. Battle Revolution preview). The others were held in corners of cinemas/game shops :(

Of course, nothing compares to the VGC events. Hopefully 2013's won't be at such an inconvenient time for me again...

Wichu

Smartarses

halolz-dot-com-pokemonblackwhite-krokorok-dealwithit.jpg

It was the closest reasonably good university, and I was getting pretty good A-level grades, so I thought I may as well apply. With a bit of effort, it worked.

Good luck Exterminieren. Getting an offer is the hardest part, though waiting for results was just as nerve-wracking :S

Top Bottom