• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Firestorm

New WiFi Tournament!
http://pglhelp.pokemon.com/en/gbu/autumn_friendly_2012/

Also, probably the last shameless plug I'll do unless something else cool pops up, but we're starting Season 1 of our tournament circuit on Nugget Bridge this Sunday.

http://nuggetbridge.com/news/nugget-bridge-rankings-season-1-begins/

There'll be weekly live tournaments, a major tournament, and some other wide tournaments. It's built as a way for players to practice and get better for the actual competitions. It also gives you the chance to play some really great players! I know we've got winners/finalists of the World Championships, Japanese Nationals, US Nationals, Canadian Nationals, and more who'll probably be entering. Also nobodies like me (well not this weekend because I'll be at PAX but yeah!).

Also gives you a reason to make a team 'cause you'll have both the WiFi tournament and these tournaments to play in!

And the Digimon anime was kilometres ahead of the Pokemon anime. Yeah that's right I used metric and spelled it with an re.

So I don't miss out on all of the fun whilst I'm asleep:

Generation I

Grass: Victreebell
Water: Starmie
Fire: Arcanine
Electric: Jolteon
Rock: Kabutops
Ground: Rhydon
Bug: Venomoth
Normal: Snorlax
Flying: Dodrio
Ice: Cloyster
Poison: Nidoqueen
Psychic: Alakazam
Fighting: Hitmonlee
Ghost: Gengar
Dark: N/A
Steel: Magneton
Dragon: Dragonite

Generation II

Grass: Skiploom
Water: Feraligatr
Fire: Houndoom
Electric: Flaafy
Rock: Tyranitar
Ground: Wooper
Bug: Scizor
Normal: Dunsparce
Flying: Xatu
Ice: Swinub
Poison: Crobat
Psychic: Espeon
Fighting: Hitmontop
Ghost: Misdreavous
Dark: Murkrow
Steel: Forretress
Dragon: Kingdra

Generation III

Grass: Cacturne
Water: Milotic
Fire: Blaziken
Electric: Manetric
Rock: Armaldo
Ground: Flygon
Bug: Shedinja
Normal: Exploud
Flying: Altaria
Ice: Spheal
Poison: Dustox
Psychic: Grumpig
Fighting: Breloom
Ghost: Sableye
Dark: Crawdaunt
Steel: Aggron
Dragon: Salamence

Generation IV

Grass: Turtwig
Water: Empoleon
Fire: Magmortar
Electric: Electivire
Rock: Rampardos
Ground: Gliscor
Bug: Vespiquen
Normal: Munchlax
Flying: Togekiss
Ice: Mamoswine
Poison: Toxicroak
Psychic: Gallade
Fighting: Lucario
Ghost: Drifblim
Dark: Drapion
Steel: Probopass
Dragon: Gible

Generation V

Grass: Maractus
Water: Samurott
Fire: Darmanitan
Electric: Galvantula
Rock: Archeops
Ground: Excadrill
Bug: Dwebble
Normal: Herdier
Flying: Swanna
Ice: Beartic
Poison: Trubbish
Psychic: Beheeyem
Fighting: Mienshao
Ghost: Golurk
Dark: Scrafty
Steel: Bisharp
Dragon: Hydreigon

Boogiepop

Man, have baby pokemon ever added anything useful? I mean, a few of them are kind of cute, but all they really do is remove the possibility of a proper 3 stages from the line. I guess a few of them added moves to the evolved forms' movepools, but was anything added even useful?

Man, have baby pokemon ever added anything useful? I mean, a few of them are kind of cute, but all they really do is remove the possibility of a proper 3 stages from the line. I guess a few of them added moves to the evolved forms' movepools, but was anything added even useful?

Munchlax has better Special Defense than Snorlax when equipped with the Eviolite, and can't be outsped in Trick Room.

backlot

Wobbuffet appreciated getting Encore added to his move pool.

Wiseblade

Good morning everyone! How are you doing toda-

Yeah, he's not right there. That title goes to Wiseblade.

i0xliHWDilNpj.gif

Wiseblade

Of course, get a Trick Room set up, and Torterra crushes with STAB SE Earthquake.

Even that doesn't really work since Empoleon is bulky enough to take Torterra's EQ and OHKO back. And even the "What about Focus Sash?" argument doesn't really work, since Empoleon has Aqua Jet to finish him off.

But what if Torterra is in Trick Room, has a Choice Band, and gets a critical hit? Hmmm? Bet you didn't think of that! Not even a Shuca Berry would save you! Lol. WHAT IF ALL THE ODDS ARE STACKED AGAINST YOU?

Wiseblade

But what if Torterra is in Trick Room, has a Choice Band, and gets a critical hit? Hmmm? Bet you didn't think of that! Not even a Shuca Berry would save you! Lol. WHAT IF ALL THE ODDS ARE STACKED AGAINST YOU?

Then Empoleon equips a Focus sash and makes that all irrelevant.

Younicorn

Neo Member
Totally unrelated, but Pokecheck appears to be down.

Here.

It went down yesterday, around 6:00 PM PST, and hasn't been back up since - now I'm getting the "404 Not Found" error - I'm worried it'll be down for an extended length of time and I'd love to check the IV's of a few hatched Pokemon.

Has it been down for an elongated amount of time before?

Does anyone have any insight into why it's down? Was it planned?

Younicorn

Neo Member
I still don't know what's the purpose of that site, just to check IVs?

Check exact IV's - also to verify that certain Pokemon are legit.

I've just never seen it go down for this long before. I figured I'd ask if anyone knew in case it's just routine maintenance.

Hey, that battle in the anime this morning was really cool.

Krokorok evolving, and Dragonite going apeshit with Ash having to put it down.

Probably Best Wishes' best battle so far.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I used to think Wisey was pretty cool. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked...

Somebody posted one of those charts before without explanation. What is it all about? It has fusions of Pokemon, a Digimon, a Sonic enemy, and Ganondorf. I could take a guess at what the chart was if it wasn't for all that.

Somebody posted one of those charts before without explanation. What is it all about? It has fusions of Pokemon, a Digimon, a Sonic enemy, and Ganondorf. I could take a guess at what the chart was if it wasn't for all that.

It's his favorite Pokemon for each type in each new generation.

Top Bottom