• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

For Tornadus i'm ok I already have it in my dex the ones i need are all the gen5 exclusive to Black and a Landorus, also i don't need these two permanently i only need them to be in my dex so if you trust me we can trade them then you will have them back but if you don't i understand perfectly.

I think I can trust you! So Reshiram and Landorus temporarily, and a Gothita/Vullaby? Is that right?

don't trust him, he's italian

tumblr_m76hfpAEpG1rnzbkv.gif

That reminds me; do you still need my Tornadus, Aero?

You know, I thought at some point Nintendo would work out the issues with the WiFi connection. But every time I use it, it's still a pain in the ass.

Yeah it's so frustrating...

Every time it has acted like we are going to connect, it gives me a communication error.

EDIT: This one.

Error Code: 86420

Communication problem between players

Likely cause: Either you or the person you are attempting to play with have router settings preventing a connection.

Also getting 86030.

Error Code: 86030
A network communication error occurred during the matchmaking process.

What to do:

There appears to be a temporary issue with the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Please try your game later.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I started playing through Emerald (first time playing this franchise since Silver first came out) 5+ months ago but I took an extended break from it until yesterday, when I picked it up again. I forgot pretty much everything about the game, and I don't want to restart. Before I stopped playing though, I was getting ready to put together a better team, since I pretty much used Blaziken exclusively and whenever I used a different pokemon they would get crushed. Using Blaziken, I managed to power my way through most of the game, up to the point I'm at now which is right after the Sootopolis gym battle. I suspect that a 1 man team isn't going to cut it later in the game, so I was hoping to get some suggestions for team configurations. (I remember trying to catch Rayquaza at one point, but he destroyed my Blaziken.)

My team is Blaziken (level 65), Swellow (31), Mightyena (26), Linoone (36), Tentacool (34), and Tropius (25).

Terrible, I know. I used to be so good at these games too.

I started playing through Emerald (first time playing this franchise since Silver first came out) 5+ months ago but I took an extended break from it until yesterday, when I picked it up again. I forgot pretty much everything about the game, and I don't want to restart. Before I stopped playing though, I was getting ready to put together a better team, since I pretty much used Blaziken exclusively and whenever I used a different pokemon they would get crushed. Using Blaziken, I managed to power my way through most of the game, up to the point I'm at now which is right after the Sootopolis gym battle. I suspect that a 1 man team isn't going to cut it later in the game, so I was hoping to get some suggestions for team configurations. (I remember trying to catch Rayquaza at one point, but he destroyed my Blaziken.)

My team is Blaziken (level 65), Swellow (31), Mightyena (26), Linoone (36), Tentacool (34), and Tropius (25).

Terrible, I know. I used to be so good at these games too.

You should probably find and train a Manectric before Sootopolis. Though as far overleveled Blaziken is, you could probably make it a decent way further. Haha.

Edit: Never mind, you said you are already past Sootopolis. Geez. Lol.

With Blaziken at 65, it probably doesn't need much help. The highest Elite 4 Pokemon is only in the upper 50s. Manectric would still be useful in the Elite 4. You'll need something with Ice attacks too. You could keep Tentacool, evolve it, and teach it Ice Beam. Though I would get a Ludicolo and teach it whatever Grass, Water, and Ice attacks you could find. And anything with a Ghost or Dark attack would be good.

GimMick

I just had a revelation while playing Pokémon Conquest.

The region in the game is shaped exactly like Arceus, down to the rocks in the sea...

DBLT

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
With Blaziken at 65, it probably doesn't need much help. The highest Elite 4 Pokemon is only in the upper 50s. Manectric would still be useful in the Elite 4. You'll need something with Ice attacks too. You could keep Tentacool, evolve it, and teach it Ice Beam. Though I would get a Ludicolo and teach it whatever Grass, Water, and Ice attacks you could find. And anything with a Ghost or Dark attack would be good.

Okay. I think I'll try to catch a Manectric and maybe try to evolve my Tentacool too. I might have a Lombre, so it looks like I just need a water stone to evolve it into Ludicolo. Thanks for the suggestions!

As long as you can hit ghosts with one of your moves you can beat the e4 with one pokemon around that level.

How do I find out if one of my moves will hit a ghost? I have Double Kick, Sky Uppercut, Blaze Kick (I think), and Bulk Up.

backlot

Okay. I think I'll try to catch a Manectric and maybe try to evolve my Tentacool too. I might have a Lombre, so it looks like I just need a water stone to evolve it into Ludicolo. Thanks for the suggestions!

How do I find out if one of my moves will hit a ghost? I have Double Kick, Sky Uppercut, Blaze Kick (I think), and Bulk Up.

Any move that isn't fighting or normal type will hit a ghost. So use blaze kick.

Team Rocket or Team Rocket Returns. So many awesome cards in those sets.

Yeah I always loved Dark Gyarados. I'm starting to collect a little again, not seriously though don't wanna throw my money away. Found a complete Base 1 set on ebay for cheap, looking for cards from other sets to add to it.

Wiseblade

What would you guys say the coolest Pokemon TCG set released was? You know like Base set, Fossil, Neo Genesis, etc.

It's hard to pin down Favourites, but if I had to choose, I'd say it was a tossup between Strike of Neos and Return of the Duelist for introducing the Six Samurai and Spellbook/Prophecy Artchetypes resp-

Oh wait, Pokémon TCG? I don't really have a favourite set, but there's definitely a favourite artist. That Kawayoo guy produces what is hands down the best art in the game, since it actually manages to have some dynamic posing and great detail. With Pokemon's constant CG artwork leaves it as the ugliest trading card game in town, but beauties like these:

Get me to poke my head in from time to time.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
yocm9.jpg

87LZJ.jpg

mF3XM.jpg

RAkPC.jpg

So good.

Edit- I loved Southern Islands. For me it's probably a toss up between that and Team Rocket.

I really liked Neo Genesis too.

LeleSocho

Banned
What would you guys say the coolest Pokemon TCG set released was? You know like Base set, Fossil, Neo Genesis, etc.

Neo Genesis, Neo Discovery, Team Rocket, Southern Island, Neo Revelation, Jungle, Fossil...

They are all super good until Expedition which is shit even if it has some cool ones like Blastoise and Feraligatr

Anth0ny

get that bootleg jinzo outta here

JinzoPSV-EN-ScR.jpg

aww yeah

I wouldn't be able to pick my favorite TCG set. I loved all the early stuff, but it kinda blurs. Maybe Base Set?

I started losing interest when WOTC stopped making them.

I remember opening a Jinzo in my 4th pack of Pharoah's Servant, while my friends opened up 3 boxes worth and never found one. They had to hold that L for a long time.

Wiseblade

I remember opening a Jinzo in my 4th pack of Pharoah's Servant, while my friends opened up 3 boxes worth and never found one. They had to hold that L for a long time.

Man, I love that expression. It's basically an abbreviated version of "Regardless of whatever excuses you may come out with, you still lost and nothing can change that."

Kokonoe

Banned
Wow that looks awesome. I'm probably gonna buy the Southern Islands complete then just look for random Neo Geneis and Rocket cards that I really like.

Yes, that specific Mew card was one of my favorite cards and my favorite of that particular set. I had the Japanese one, although it was stolen I believe somewhere in 2000-2001. I think I'll go repurchase it now.

If I recall correctly, that specific holographic of the card wasn't in the english release.

Yes, that specific Mew card was one of my favorite cards and my favorite of that particular set. I had the Japanese one, although it was stolen I believe somewhere in 2000-2001. I think I'll go repurchase it now.

If I recall correctly, that specific holographic of the card wasn't in the english release.

No I've been looking around, they're all in English. You can find the card for like $15 but I'm just gonna get the whole thing for $30-$40.
01-mew.jpg

Top Bottom