• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Xux

i get the impression you don't like poison types :p

BTW did you make that chart by yourself or is there a chart generator online?

Poison's one of the best types, though; Skuntank and Nidoking are definitely amongst the top ten designs.
Shoot, did I put those in my top ten all those months back?

upandaway

EOLe2.png
You chose well for the Charizard sprite.

Also that Squirtle sprite gave me a serious nostalgia hit just now. I always chose Charmander so that sprite is my childhood.

Anth0ny

i get the impression you don't like poison types :p

BTW did you make that chart by yourself or is there a chart generator online?

MS Paint and Bulbapedia sprites.

Here's the template:

favoriteso.png

I just picked my favorite sprites for each Pokemon, which is why the sprite gens aren't consistent.

I could have put "N/A" in the spots where I have no favorite, but that ain't no fun.

MikeMyers

What's a good Keledos moveset?

It has high Special Attack, but no special movepool (Sacred Sword is physical according to Bulbapedia) and an average Attack but decent physical movepool? I'm thinking of using a Work Up set.

It has high Special Attack, but no special movepool (Sacred Sword is physical according to Bulbapedia) and an average Attack but decent physical movepool? I'm thinking of using a Work Up set.

Remember it also learns Secret Sword, the Special variant of Sacred Sword.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Secret Sword hits them for physical but goes off of your special. Combo that with hydro p pump/surf and icy wind I suppose. I wish he got sledge bomb or earthquake.

OMG Aero

do you guys never get tired of going in circles?
hey guys lets post a list of our favourite pokemon/gym leaders/pokeballs/towns/generations/catch rates/healing items/unown/medabots/berries/legendaries/moves/lists/eevee evolutions

also lets discuss the pros and cons of empoleon so wiseblade can post some avatar gifs

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I don't really respect the designs after the first 150, those were so good. Man, remember kids getting stabbed for Charizard cards? Those were the days. Now they have Digimon like Blaziken and Empoleon. I feel bad for kids today who can't experience the original 150.

Neki

I don't really respect the designs after the first 150, those were so good. Man, remember kids getting stabbed for Charizard cards? Those were the days. Now they have Digimon like Blaziken and Empoleon. I feel bad for kids today who can't experience the original 150.

Not sure if serious. Let's go with no serious.

Boogiepop

So, I tried using the update button in Pokedex 3D and accepted the thing that said "allows you to download all pokemon" or whatever, but I haven't gotten anything yet. Still missing most of the monkeys/forms, but it just won't do anything for me. Any idea what's up?

LeleSocho

Banned
This summer i was bored to death so i played Pokémon over and over until i doubled my game time also i caught all the catchable Pokémons in White, now i need only the Black exclusive ones so... who want to trade with me stuff?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Watching today's episode of Pokemon. Fuck yeah
Tepig beating that jackass who abandoned him. That guy was a dick.

Yeah, major improvement over the two-part filler from before. Thanks to power of character development!
And yeah, his previous trainer was a dick. So glad they kept him that way and didn't pull a bullshit "he's nice now, take our word for it" like they did with Paul.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Four out of five fire starters have been abandoned in the anime.

Even Torchic, the one that doesn't have that as part of its storyline, is less used by May when it evolves into Combusken.

At least they did something vaguely interesting with Tepig's abandonment and turned it into a character arc, rather than Charmander being introduced with it and never having it referred to again.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Four out of five fire starters have been abandoned in the anime.

Even Torchic, the one that doesn't have that as part of its storyline, is less used by May when it evolves into Combusken.

Probably because she knew using it any more might cause it to evolve into Blaziken, and no one wants that.

At least they did something vaguely interesting with Tepig's abandonment and turned it into a character arc, rather than Charmander being introduced with it and never having it referred to again.

Actually, now that I think about it, they did the same with Chimchar and his actually mattered because the trainer that abandoned him was a recurring character instead of a character of the day like with Charmander and Tepig.

LeleSocho

Banned
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Black_and_White_Versions#Version-exclusive_Pok.C3.A9mon

Which of these do you need? I can't help with Reshiram or Tornadus, but I can get eggs for the rest of them.

For Tornadus i'm ok I already have it in my dex the ones i need are all the gen5 exclusive to Black and a Landorus, also i don't need these two permanently i only need them to be in my dex so if you trust me we can trade them then you will have them back but if you don't i understand perfectly.

I love you too

Top Bottom