• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Oooooh I missed that the first time. Good catch !

It's nice to see Gamefreak can still find the time to make new IP's. I thought they were very busy with Pokémon 3DS.

Edit : Just noticed I'm a full member now !

*prays that it comes to NA*

Highpaw! Now you're the awesome bunch of full-on members!

Congratulations on obtaining GAF Gold
Version.

No love for GAF Superior Silver?

HarmoKnight was thought up by James Turner apparently; GF's British designer, who also designed the Vanilluxe line, the Golurk line and Vullaby.

Hmm... I wonder what else will come out with the diversified talent?

Speaking of mewtwo. Wtf is up with his default moveset in hgss?

Most 'passive' legendary I've encountered in a while.

I remember him being a way bigger pain back in the day when he had 2 attacks and recover.

I know this is a bit random, but does anyone have a link to that spreadsheet that groups the designs of every generation into categories (animal, fantasy, object, etc.)? I'd like to bookmark it to save me some heartache later. Thanks!

MikeMyers

Charizard has a better ability than Charizard

They really didn't think anyone would notice...
Bill-murray-peter-venkman-ghostbusters-2.jpg

PK Gaming

Haha no kidding.

I am SO glad that gen V isn't getting thrown under the bus like on EVERY OTHER SITE. It warms my heart to see others liking Zoroark, Haxorus, etc.

I'm going to come out and say, I fucking love Gen V. Favorite gen by a mile, nostalgia be damned.

Haha no kidding.

I am SO glad that gen V isn't getting thrown under the bus like on EVERY OTHER SITE. It warms my heart to see others liking Zoroark, Haxorus, etc.

I'm going to come out and say, I fucking love Gen V. Favorite gen by a mile, nostalgia be damned.

I wish I could high five you right now. You are a good person.

Kokonoe

Banned
hEUVz.png

Stunsparce.

Seriously; Dunsparce hands down.

Dunsparce is really a great Pokemon and my pick, however I do like Stunfisk as well. I also was going to make that reference that they both had "un" in the beginning, but decided not to.

I also can't seem to decide if I like Scraggy more than Scrafty.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I don't think it's ugly, just plain. It looks like a bug. I don't know what more you want out of it. Bugs look ugly to most people.

I posted my favourites here.

But my god, that thread is full of so much wrong.

Scrafty was immediately tossed under the bus. Like 20 posts in. Haha.

I don't get the Scrafty hate from a few people. I never paid Scrafty much attention until I saw how much you and others liked it, but I never at any point disliked it. Now I'm dead set on using one for my Black 2 playthrough.

It's funny how these threads still attract people who say the designs suck after Gen I. It just isn't true.

Kokonoe

Banned
They aren't super high on my list of favorites either, but they don't deserve to be listed in a thread as the -worst- designs. There are so many less likable Pokémon to choose from.

Like Garbodor. Trubbish actually doesn't look too too bad, but the evolve form is something else. Of course this discussion has been had already.

Zeroth

someone tomorrow (probably zeroth :D) should help me get a focus punch breloom. I'm tired of OHKO hax in battle subway. I have no idea how he ever does rng reliably, if I could, I'd totally do it to spam my gf with shiny pokemon, but alas, I cannot.

Oh boy

Kokonoe

Banned
There appears to be a few people claiming Togekiss as the worst of Gen IV in that other thread, although besides from Andrex I never really see discussion on it. I personally like it, I think it's better than Togetic actually.

So, is the new Game Freak IP relevant here?

It does have BW's trainer battle theme and Zekrom/Reshiram in it.
Well it bought HIDDEN POWER of masuda out of hibernation...the English translation at least...
http://www.gamefreak.co.jp/blog/dir_english/?p=528 said:
And in a year 2012,
we will announce a new software.
It is coming!
A new game from GameFreak! Other than Pokémon!
Everyone, please wait !!!
Shame that bit already happened. Nintendo really needs to co-ordinate these better. I can see Masuda in the corner all upset that Nintendo beat him to it...

Top Bottom