• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

MikeMyers

....pikachu is in the fluctuating tier. strong enough to tie with a legendary one day, weak enough to lose to a level 1 pokemon.

Top Tier:
Charizard

Mid Tier:
Bulbasaur

Low Tier:
Totodile (I dont think this guy even won a single gym battle)

WTF Tier:
Pikachu

Seems like we are on track now.

Neki

Vaporeon - "hoh"

great stuff pokemon anime

aurora beam was my favourite spell in gen 1, but I'd never use it to KO a water pokemon, stupid pokemon anime

and why is water the most common pokemon type, lol.

I guess because it's typing almost goes with everything?

I need a Water/Water pokemon

Kokonoe

Banned
I use to listen to this all the time, such a great song.

Lugia's Theme

Amen to that, sister.

I am watching the Espeon episode.

Flareon is the fire type, but the chick with the Jolteon is the hottest.

They really are great, much better than the current voices in every way.

Vaporeon - "hoh"

great stuff pokemon anime

aurora beam was my favourite spell in gen 1, but I'd never use it to KO a water pokemon, stupid pokemon anime

and why is water the most common pokemon type, lol.

I guess because it's typing almost goes with everything?

I need a Water/Water pokemon

Rhydon was defeated by a Thunderbolt from Pikachu, it's best to not try to make sense out of it. (Or just imagine that the Anime has it's own logic compared to the games.)

MikeMyers

Rhydon was defeated by a Thunderbolt from Pikachu, it's best to not try to make sense out of it. (Or just imagine that the Anime has it's own logic compared to the games.)

Basically anything that Ash does in the show, just do the complete opposite for the actual game.

Wiseblade

Plot Armour Tier
Infernape
Charizard

Top Tier
Sceptile
Kingler
Snorlax

Pikachu Tier
Pikachu (Pikachu would be plot armour tier if it wasn't for losing to Eevee and Snivy and tying with an elekid.)

High Tier
Heracross
Buizel
Squirtle
Corphish
Snivy
Staraptor

Mid Tier
Swellow
Muk
Donphan
Glalie
Palpitoad
Bulbasaur
Bayleef
Pignite
Leavanny
Boldore
Gliscor
Unfezant

Low Tier
Tauros
Torkoal
Quilava
Noctowl
Totodile
Scraggy
Gible

Bottom Tier
Torterra

Released Tier
Pigeot
Butterfree
Lapras

By the by, I'm trying to collect all the details on the Keldeo distribution around the world so if you have any places I'm missing please let me know!

http://nuggetbridge.com/news/keldeo-gamestop-event-announced/

GAME announced on their twitter that Keldeo is available at every GAME/Gamestation in the country.

MikeMyers

Why is Totodile higher than the other Johto starters? I don't remember Totodile beating any Gym Leader Pokemon or doing anything...really.

Primeape is probably Ash's worst.

Wiseblade

Why is Totodile higher than the other Johto starters? I don't remember Totodile beating any Gym Leader Pokemon or doing anything...really.

Primeape is probably Ash's worst.

I can barely remember anything about the three of them, but looking back on Bulbapedia I should swap Totodile and Bayleef.

Kokonoe

Banned
I suppose this counts.

nCz92.png

Sagitario

I suppose this counts.

nCz92.png

+

5oizJ.gif

By the by, I'm trying to collect all the details on the Keldeo distribution around the world so if you have any places I'm missing please let me know!

http://nuggetbridge.com/news/keldeo-gamestop-event-announced/

For Mexico:
You have to pre-order Black 2 or White 2 on GamePlanet stores to earn the opportunity to download Keldeo. And it's only available at selected stores... so, it sucks.

FtwFy.jpg

First time I see official artwork of Keldeo's new form.

I just want to say I hate sky forme Shaymin, what a load of bunk, regular Shaymin is far higher on the adorable totem then they turned it into a botched Eevee evo, hell there's like no similarities between the two except colour scheme.
What the hell is so flying type about Skymin anyway? HUH?!

And to answer the question presented for said legends earlier I like Manaphy for some reason, i'm not even sure why, I blame that one pokemon movie.

Kokonoe

Banned
I just want to say I hate sky forme Shaymin, what a load of bunk, regular Shaymin is far higher on the adorable totem then they turned it into a botched Eevee evo, hell there's like no similarities between the two except colour scheme.
What the hell is so flying type about Skymin anyway? HUH?!

And to answer the question presented for said legends earlier I like Manaphy for some reason, i'm not even sure why, I blame that one pokemon movie.

Probably cause it looks like a Chao.

igFN7.png

I also dislike Sky Form.

Kokonoe

Banned
Gen 4 had gems with Giratina(Worm form), Dialga, Palkia, Darkrai, Arceus, and Cresselia.

Middle range Regigigas, Mesprit, Heatran, and Shaymin.

Low range Manaphy, Uxie, Azelf, Shaymin Sky Form, and Phione.

Top Bottom