• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I just played through Fire Red again, it's not fine. Even worse I had a few high hp low defense mon on my team at one point.

I always play with animations off.

Is it confirmed that B2/W2 will not have auto-levelling to 100 for Wifi battles or 6v6 Wifi? Only infrared 6v6?

I quickly lost interest in B/W because of this. Sunk a lot more hours into HG/SS.

MikeMyers

I just played through Fire Red again, it's not fine. Even worse I had a few high hp low defense mon on my team at one point.

I always play with animations off.

What team?

My Leaf Green team is so random: Clefable, Zapdos, Flareon, Dewgong, Tyranitar, Gyarados

MikeMyers

DPPl is unbearably slow, especially after playing BW.

Doesn't help that the games suck too.

I wasnt too big on those games either. Platinum was okay, I like that you get to rebattle gym leaders though.

Flint in Platinum is like the easiest E4 member since Bruno in RB.

Zeroth

So, remember the PowerBracket thing we had a few weeks ago? Turns out there will be no Wi-Fi Mew, just some downloads and the shirt.

Really Nintendo? Really?

OMG Aero

So, remember the PowerBracket thing we had a few weeks ago? Turns out there will be no Wi-Fi Mew, just some downloads and the shirt.

Really Nintendo? Really?
Maybe we'd have got a downloadable Pokemon if the winner wasn't one they have given away multiple times before.

On plus side we did get this fucking sweet animated gif from the year 2000:
bMxBg.gif

Kokonoe

Banned
I didn't really notice the battle speed until internet forums.(didn't bother me) I did however notice Black and White as they replaced animations to make the battling faster.

Firestorm

Picked up my Keldeo today woo. It is now waiting for me inside the game along with the Flying Pikachu I have also been too lazy to actually receive from the delivery dude.

Kokonoe

Banned
I suppose I'll check out Gamestop to acquire a pony tomorrow, but when I went to a certain one, they weren't distributing it.

What Pokemon would Majin Buu be?

I gotta say Blissey. No matter how many times you beat it down, the damn thing just keeps recovering.

Yeah, Majin Buu's probably Blissey, but I'd say Super Buu is more Ditto, what with all the encase-you-in-slime-and-steal-your-moves-shtick.

MikeMyers

Vegeta is probably Tyranitar, both hit hard while being very bulky. Vegeta tanked a Kaiokenx4 Kamehameha, Spirit Bomb, a stabbing, and a giant ape falling on him.

Frieza is Mewtwo, not much shcok there.

Works since Dark is supposed Psychic, and Super Saiyans are supposed to counter Frieza. Too bad Frieza used a Choice Specs Aura Sphere to kill Vegeta on Namek.

ffdgh

Vegeta is probably Tyranitar, both hit hard while being very bulky. Vegeta tanked a Kaiokenx4 Kamehameha, Spirit Bomb, a stabbing, and a giant ape falling on him.

Frieza is Mewtwo, not much shcok there.

Works since Dark is supposed Psychic, and Super Saiyans are supposed to counter Frieza. Too bad Frieza used a Choice Specs Aura Sphere to kill Vegeta on Namek.

hmm nah vegetia is shaymin-s. tiny but deadly.

MikeMyers

Infernape is not worthy of Goku's presence, Goku can actually take a hit.

Chiaotzu has got to be the biggest jobber in the series, you know he never even has a conversation with Goku? They spoke a bit when Goku was on his way to Namek, but thats it.

ffdgh

Infernape is not worthy of Goku's presence, Goku can actually take a hit.

Chiaotzu has got to be the biggest jobber in the series, you know he never even has a conversation with Goku? They spoke a bit when Goku was on his way to Namek, but thats it.

but but....blaze is infenape's plot armo.....err super sayan.

MikeMyers

I like that Breloom comparison.

That's impossible. Ash has at least won more than once. The closest thing to Yamcha in the Pokemon anime universe would be Misty's Psyduck, if you eliminated the headache power-up.

Well Yamcha did beat the Invisible Man, as well as stopping Oozaru Goku. So I guess that counts as Psyducks power up.

Gyarados = Saiyans in their Great Ape/Oozaru form

No, Torterra is Yamcha: impressive up until the second-to-last series at which point it becomes horribly insignificant and loses every battle it participates in.

So if I grow up and stop being a Turtwig, bad things happen?

Also, I wonder why the more I stare at Victini's giant head, the more I want to poke it.

Top Bottom