• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Talking about 4th gen legends Cresselia is easily my most disliked legendary, I still have no idea what i'm looking at with that design.
Then you got the lake trio as well making for psychic legend overkill with none of them being as awesome as previous psychic legends, what a waste!

Nilaul

Imagine changing the structure of the world into a zelda escue world (e.g Oracle of ages). One huge open world, where you can go anywhere, climb any mountain, go to any sea as long as ypu have the required HM.

backlot

Imagine changing the structure of the world into a zelda escue world (e.g Oracle of ages). One huge open world, where you can go anywhere, climb any mountain, go to any sea as long as ypu have the required HM.

In what ways is a Zelda world really that much different than a Pokemon region?

Neki

In Zelda Oracle of Ages you can pretty much go anywhere. Its pretty much open world, however pokemon you have to follow the routes.

Wasn't there still a linear structure in Oracle of Ages, or could you actually do dungeons in any order? I haven't played it for years.

MikeMyers

Fire has 5 Resistances.

Too bad none of them is Earthquake.

So I'm watching the episode with Kimono Girl. Jolteon battles Ash's Pikachu, where as Vaperon battles Misty's Poliwhirl. Flareon? No, even they it could have easily battled Brock's Vulpix.

Hey, do you think it's a good idea for me to stop talking about these adorable plushies?
MikeMyers should get a Chikorita.

YygfQ.jpg

Kokonoe

Banned
I actually have a gigantic Pikachu plushie, as well as a miniature Turtwig plushie and a Shadow Lugia one.

The Pikachu one is Ken Sugimori style in shape, it's really wide and plump.

So does anyone know why North America is getting
Genesect
before
Meloetta
?

I can only assume they're holding back a Meloetta distribution to tie in with the movie release.

Also, there may be an assumption that people are more likely to go for Genesect than Meloetta; I certainly can't see Meloetta being as popular in the West as they're pushing it to be in Japan.

Meloetta's distribution will probably be linked to its appearance in the anime.

Isn't the Best Wishes Series 2 dub starting at around the same time as BW2's release anyway?

It's still going to be under the Rival Destinies label, apparently.

I'm kind of peeved about how pathetic the anime made Volcarona. This Pokemon should be blazing landscapes, not being netted to some rocks by some crappy COTD.

They don't even let Volcarona be Alder's signature Pokemon, despite the fact that his design is inspired by it. Damned Bouffalant is boring.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Death imminent.

They referenced Game of Death with Brycen disappearing during "Game of Ice". That's how they did his "death"

I'm kind of peeved about how pathetic the anime made Volcarona. This Pokemon should be blazing landscapes, not being netted to some rocks by some crappy COTD.

They don't even let Volcarona be Alder's signature Pokemon, despite the fact that his design is inspired by it. Damned Bouffalant is boring.

Legendaries and pseudo-legendaries are so gimped in the anime.
I just wonder how
Iris' Dragonite
will be handled.

ffdgh

They referenced Game of Death with Brycen disappearing during "Game of Ice". That's how they did his "death"

Legendaries and pseudo-legendaries are so gimped in the anime.
I just wonder how
Iris' Dragonite
will be handled.

I'm goona say it will have the "like you but i still dont trust you"
r battle skills"

I'm not sure how I'll feel once this thread finally ends. My GAF life began here, and some of my best internet memories are contained within its pages.

It will be bittersweet, that's for sure.

Top Bottom