• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Kokonoe

Banned
iJRrPiYOcznOC.png

Does Black and White have any fire Pokémon?

If so, it's doing better than Gen IV.

Arceus fire! Actually, you are right, black and white isn't the worst in terms of fire Pokemon. It's just a lot of those that were posted I didn't like.

SHYAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

I always knew you were funny, Ko, but putting Gen V as lowest tier for everything is your best prank yet! I'm in stitches!

It gets funnier when you notice the rankings are altered in such a way that the lowest tier is also now magnitudes below the one above it.

Anth0ny

I consider the endings as part of the plot, and GSC has one of the greatest endings in video game history. RBY's is awesome too.

Gen 3, 4 and 5 have more actual "plot" (backstory for the antagonists, more characters, even cutscenes), but I always found them boring.

Gen 5 is so good! There's a huge gap between mid and low, and a not so huge gap between mid and high ^_^

Kokonoe

Banned
SHYAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

I always knew you were funny, Ko, but putting Gen V as lowest tier for everything is your best prank yet! I'm in stitches!

Let's talk about region, talk about it now, Black and White is so small I felt like clown. Nothing to explore, nothing to adore, a mysterious gap left my eyes sore.

Then we have the characters that were alright, some Gym Leaders and Elite designed nice, but they don't have Cynthia's might and they sure didn't have Red's awesome fight.

The plot is the worst in the series I've ever seen, it's not too bad, but I'll keep it in the 90s.

Then we have designs, odd and strange, perhaps it's not my style, I'd leave the cone in Fighting Foodons and call it a day.

Let's talk about region, talk about it now, Black and White is so small I felt like clown. Nothing to explore, nothing to adore, a mysterious gap left my eyes sore.

Then we have the characters that were alright, some Gym Leaders and Elite designed nice, but they don't have Cynthia's might and they sure didn't have Red's awesome fight.

The plot is the worst in the series I've ever seen, it's not too bad, but I'll keep it in the 90s.

Then we have designs, odd and strange, perhaps it's not my style, I'd leave the cone in Fighting Foodons and call it a day.

It's funny because you haven't played Black and White 2 yet. Watch every one of your gripes melt away like a Vanillish on a hot Summer's day.

harmonize

I prefer focus in my game design rather than throwing shit at the wall.
Of course, that plot twist at the end of the game came out of nowhere! Who would've thought that copy/paste arrogant rival would actually achieve his goals and be the final opponent? Not I, says the guy who didn't pay attention the entire game. Good thing they somewhat mastered the element of surprise in the next generation.

Also, I forgot something on the graph. Ah well, we're all human:

The king must have his crown. Gaze upon him as he watches and guards his subject by looking in the completely opposite direction. He was the hero we deserved in Gen II, but not the one we needed at that time.

Kokonoe

Banned
It's funny because you haven't played Black and White 2 yet. Watch every one of your gripes melt away like a Vanillish on a hot Summer's day.

Well if for some odd reason I don't, not liking one 1/5th out of all generations shouldn't be that big of a deal. I don't target others who like Black and White more and put Gold and Silver at the bottom of their lists as I don't really care as everyone has their own opinion. Even besides that, it's just not that important.

Well if for some odd reason I don't, not liking one 1/5th out of all generations shouldn't be that big of a deal. I don't target others who like Black and White more and put Gold and Silver at the bottom of their lists as I don't really care as everyone has their own opinion. Even besides that, it's just not that important.

There's something of a difference between generally favouring other games over GSC, and creating a new, wildly different category to express how GOD DAMNED MUCH YOU HATE THOSE GAMES.

LeleSocho

Banned
Your hate will feed me

doing a numerical ranking where the 5th=1p, 4th=2p, 3rd=3p, 2nd=4p and 1st=5p
I obtain
1) G/S/C 20 points
1) R/S/E 20 points
2) B/W/2 14 points
3) R/B/Y 9points
4) D/P/P 9 points (4th because i don't give a fuck about the plot and this is where he gets most of the point)

Kokonoe

Banned
There's something of a difference between generally favouring other games over GSC, and creating a new, wildly different category to express how GOD DAMNED MUCH YOU HATE THOSE GAMES.

Hate? I don't ever use that word. And those were rather inaccurate, I can't really say RSE and DPP are "Medium" or "Low", I like them a lot.

harmonize

Every mainline game has brought something new and enjoyable to the table, so I don't really find it fair to categorize any of them as 'shit'.
Can't we save that tier for some of the spinoffs?

Kokonoe

Banned
I don't think any bit of the franchise is shit, but it's just a crappy 4chan template. I don't see the need to alter it to make a point.

It's not to make a point other than any other post in this thread. Well, I can't say there aren't posts like that, but everyone has their own opinion and that's how I view it. I also don't visit the website 4chan so I figured this was something Anth0ny made.

I mean, what point is there to be made that is any different from saying "I like this the most" "I dislike this the most". The only difference from our list wars this time is that this is an image.

-edit-

On another thing, usually people on their lists they like to do Version >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Version. I have not once done that, however it's been done quite a bit so I just don't see why it's an issue now.

Gravijah

awesome fire types by gen (entire lines)

Gen 1: Vulpix, Magmar
Gen 2: Cyndaquil, Houndour
Gen 5: Reshiram, Victini, Litwick, Larvesta

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Why do you use the remakes for G/S, but not the originals for R/B?

For Pokemon designs, it seemed more logical to use the games that actually introduced the designs. For music, I really dislike most of FireRed/LeafGreen's arrangements (whereas I unequivocally prefer HeartGold/SoulSilver's over the originals.)

The regions, characters, and plot of HeartGold/SoulSilver were also all beefier and improved over the originals as well.

For Pokemon designs, it seemed more logical to use the games that actually introduced the designs. For music, I really dislike most of FireRed/LeafGreen's arrangements (whereas I unequivocally prefer HeartGold/SoulSilver's over the originals.)

The regions, characters, and plot of HeartGold/SoulSilver were also all beefier and improved over the originals as well.

I guess that makes sense.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
In fact, that was my biggest gripe of the original template (aside from it being much to incendiary with the "shit" tier): HeartGold/SoulSilver wasn't an option for the music. I'd hesitate putting GSC in the top three of the music category, but there's no question in my mind HG/SS still have the best in the series. (Haven't heard anything from B2W2.)

In fact, that was my biggest gripe of the original template (aside from it being much to incendiary with the "shit" tier): HeartGold/SoulSilver wasn't an option for the music. I'd hesitate putting GSC in the top three of the music category, but there's no question in my mind HG/SS still have the best in the series. (Haven't heard anything from B2W2.)

If you were using the other chart, I'd just put HGSS in with the rest of the 4th gen.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I've been meaning to upgrade it with thread-blocking abilities so this is more motivation to work on it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Basically it'll let you filter out threads with certain words in the title, and if I can get sync working it'll also include an explicit block button.

Top Bottom