• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'm serious.

Ah, so you're the joke. Pretty funny.
KuGsj.gif

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Look like they are trying to rushing out with legendary pokemon for us to download, so I assume that they are getting ready for Generation 6 soon.

Wiseblade

I don't even know why I'm bothering, since I've made my opinions pretty clear before...

Region
1) RSE - Hoenn perfectly captures a sense of adventure and exploration that constantly had me coming back to the game. It always felt like there was something more to find just around the corner.
2) BW - Unova is huge. Pretty much every single route or point of interest has some mildly obscured hidden section that doubles its size, encouraging exploration. If BW2 can build on this, then it's pretty much guaranteed to top RSE's Hoenn.
3) DPP - Sinnoh is quite big as well, but navigating the region is a major pain with all the HM check-gates everywhere.
4) RBY - The game felt sufficiently large when playing through the story, but Kanto has almost zero postgame content.
5) GSC - You all should know why by now.

Characters

1) BW - Only cast with anything even resembling depth.
2) RBY - Instantly recognisable, Blue is an amazing rival
3) DPP - Cynthia and Barry carry the game.
4) RSE - Steven Stone deserved better.
5) GSC - I hate Silver, Lance isn't champion material and the Johto Gym Leaders are boring.

Plot

1) BW - The only one with a plot.
2) RBY - Better thematically than the other games
3) DPP - meh.
4) RSE - Poké-Gang war should have been more entertaining.
5) GSC - Team Rocket again? ZZZZZZZ. BW2 can only really pull it off because Team Plasma actually had an arc in the first game.

Poké-design
1) DPP - Empoleon is the best ever. a lot of the other designs are great too.
2) BW - Actually delivered a truckload of new favourites.
3) RSE - I can't think of anything that I don't like.
4) RBY - Pretty much split 50/50 between iconic and butt-ugly.
5) GSC - has more bad designs than good.

Music
1) BW - what they did with the music in this game is incredible.
2) HGSS - I didn't really like the soundtrack the first time around, but the HGSS remixes nailed it.
3) RSE - Dat trumpet
4) RBY - Iconic, but simple. FRLG tried to fix this but just made everything sound too busy.
5) DP - Not bad by any means, I just don't like it as much as the others.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma0a7ienAd1qd2ub7o1_500.gif[img][/QUOTE]
Tumblr GIFs? I expected better from you.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Tumblr GIFs? I expected better from you.

No you don't.

Tumblr is a good GIF resource as long as you stay away from the ones with filters. Other than the URL and small, barely noticeable watermark on that GIF, nothing gives it away as a Tumblr GIF.

Yeah! You put Gen I as worst everything! Fight the power!
Fighting the power with filthy lies, this is no way to win a war.

Oh and my main pokebro who plays these games with me used Lumineon for his water type in his first DP run through, pretty much the only reason I remember it.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
This thread is madness.

sniKJ.gif

Complete madness

Top Bottom