• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Slermy

Are you sure you don't mean Gen 3?
sniKJ.gif

16QJI.png

This is pretty close to my own opinion, with the exception of the music category. Gen IV (D/P/Pt) didn't even make the list? That and HG/SS are my favorite PokéOSTs; my list would be Diamond/Platinum/Pearl > HG/SS > R/B

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
This is pretty close to my own opinion, with the exception of the music category. Gen IV (D/P/Pt) didn't even make the list? That and HG/SS are my favorite PokéOSTs; my list would be Diamond/Platinum/Pearl > HG/SS > R/B

Diamond and Pearl are at least as good as Red/Blue, if not moreso, the arrangements are fantastic in general. But Red/Blue have more memorable tunes for me personally.

Glad to know there's someone similar to me in tastes, I was beginning to doubt this thread had anyone like that. :p

We love you too.

<3

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
And it feels like I am just too close to love you~
There is nothin' I can really say-hey-hey-hey~

WUB WUB WUB

Kokonoe

Banned
It's still my favorite.

I mean specifically when I mentioned that I'd give Mario Galaxy an 8.0 even though I didn't like it. Your list shows that kind of sentiment compared to your favorite, meaning you do actually see games as this instead of how much you like them.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
We're flying through these last few pages, huh? What's the new thread going to be named, Andrex? Or are we just going to have to wait and see?

I'm toying with a couple ideas but I want something Gen 2/Johto related since it'll be our second thread. (If we make it to thread #3, the title will reference Gen 3 in some way, etc.)

I think that the OP of the new thread should list all of our roles so that newcomers know their place.

:lol

New thread title should be "It's a Whole New World" (a là the Johto theme song).

Emitan

I mean specifically when I mentioned that I'd give Mario Galaxy an 8.0 even though I didn't like it. Your list shows that kind of sentiment compared to your favorite, meaning you do actually see games as this instead of how much you like them.

Not really. A lot of these categories are extremely close. It's still my favorite overall.

I think that the OP of the new thread should list all of our roles so that newcomers know their place.

Roles?

Kokonoe

Banned

New thread title should be "It's a Whole New World" (a là the Johto theme song).

Wiseblade has been a one man army against randoms who pop in to state they like Gold and Silver.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

I was thinking "My Whole Life Has Lead to This" or "No Time to Question my Moves."

Throwing my vote in for "Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo".

I hated the Johto Journeys theme song, which was unfortunate since that made it two dud openings in a row. (I've since come around on Orange Islands, but still don't care for JJ.)

I'm toying with a couple ideas but I want something Gen 2/Johto related since it'll be our second thread. (If we make it to thread #3, the title will reference Gen 3 in some way, etc.)

Unless we get a bunch of new blood wanting to discuss things, thread #3 will be a lot further away than the near 11 months this one survived. I'm not sure how much longer the rest of us can keep running in circles. :p

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Unless we get a bunch of new blood wanting to discuss things, thread #3 will be a lot further away than the near 11 months this one survived. I'm not sure how much longer the rest of us can keep running in circles. :p

Thread #2 will be the first thread to see the release of a mainline Pokemon game. I think that will boost things considerably.

And that's good, we don't want to hit thread 6 or 7 before those gens have come out. :p

I hated the Johto Journeys theme song, which was unfortunate since that made it two dud openings in a row. (I've since come around on Orange Islands, but still don't care for JJ.)

Nah, man, it's one of the best ones! So cheery.

Master Quest was the terrible song, not Johto Journeys.

Thread #2 will be the first thread to see the release of a mainline Pokemon game. I think that will boost things considerably.

And that's good, we don't want to hit thread 6 or 7 before those gens have come out. :p

Haha! Pokémon Community Thread 7: How Do You Expect Us To Name It Now, GameFreak?

Kokonoe

Banned
As for a topic title, "Golden Skies, Silver Depths"
If the gen 5 one isn't Michael Jackson I'll be disappointed.

This is only from up to what I've watched.

Amazing
1. Pokemon Theme (Timeless, creative, and just perfect)
2. Pokemon World
3. Born to Be a Winner
4. Believe in Me
5. Unbeatable
6. I Wanna Be a Hero
7. This Dream

Great
8. Pokémon Johto

Okay
9. Battle Frontier

Mediocre
10. Diamond and Pearl <-- weakest link.

List.

Zeroth

Wiseblade has been a one man army against randoms who pop in to state they like Gold and Silver.

Generally that crowd is the same that admits they never played any other pokemon game, so he's safe.

Why not reference Black & White 2 instead? I mean, if we get more newcomers, it will be because of the games, not to mention they are the first Pokemon games to feature the number 2 :p

Kokonoe

Banned
Generally that crowd is the same that admits they never played any other pokemon game, so he's safe.
Some, not all. There's also nothing wrong with that either. In fact, a warmer welcoming might actually make them feel more welcomed to play the newer games.

Why not reference Black & White 2 instead? I mean, if we get more newcomers, it will be because of the games, not to mention they are the first Pokemon games to feature the number 2 :p

Because there will be a Black and White 2 thread.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

It's a good idea, but I feel like those being introduced to the series with those games will either only post in those games' OT, or at least start posting there.

Also, it sort of puts us up against a wall if we have a third thread. :p

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The one in gaming side usually gets put in community over time. This thread is for all things Pokemon, not just one solitaire game or thing.

Yes.

And also since I can't make the BW2 OT, this is what I can concentrate on.

Top Bottom