• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

bw added way too many super late evolutions. they should really change them in grey or gen vi. i mean i guess it makes sense, since postgame you haven't truly fought the champion yet, so you're working on that... i dunno.
Pokemon never change how they evolve, EVER. So deal with it.

Gravijah

as long as the games continue to have meaty postgame content, be it 8 more gym leaders or super high level trainers, i guess i can't complain too much. it just sucks not being able to use them very much in the normal game.

I think they should pull a gen 3 and change somethings up again. And maybe retcon the way you get some of the new evolutions and pre-evolutions.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
bw added way too many super late evolutions. they should really change them in grey or gen vi. i mean i guess it makes sense, since postgame you haven't truly fought the champion yet, so you're working on that... i dunno.

It's annoying for competitive reasons, but for single play I totally see why they did it. Actually use the 1-100 range instead of just 1-50.

My problem isn't particularly high levels for evolution, it's the fact that it's torture to use the basic forms at all.

Getting Tynamo to evolve by itself was painful.

Nah, Contests and Super Contests needed to be axed.

The Pokeathlon, though. That should have definitely stuck around. Best Pokemon minigames ever.

I'd have kept the contests as well as the Pokelthon. I'd have actually spread the contests around, like in Ruby and Sapphire; make them a journey, rather than keeping you in one place.

Taking Pokelthon out and replacing it with musicals is, to my mind, the biggest mistake Game Freak have ever made with a Pokemon game.

Man, did musicals suck.

Andrefpvs

Guys, just started LeafGreen!

For you competitive battlers out there, is there any Gen III exclusive movepool I should try to get?

Is there a list of Gen III only moves by Pokémon anywhere on the net?

Wiseblade

Your King has returned!
GF changed how Feebas evolves in BW. if they've done it once, they can do it again.

Nah, Contests and Super Contests needed to be axed.

The Pokeathlon, though. That should have definitely stuck around. Best Pokemon minigames ever.

Super Conests? Sure. But OG contests from RSE were plenty of fun.

I am loving multi-quote!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Your King has returned!
GF changed how Feebas evolves in BW. if they've done it once, they can do it again.

They changed the typing of two Pokemon 12 years ago and have yet to do it since. I doubt Gamefreak is concerning themselves with changing anything like that unless they absolutely have to.

N4Us

Guys, just started LeafGreen!

For you competitive battlers out there, is there any Gen III exclusive movepool I should try to get?

Is there a list of Gen III only moves by Pokémon anywhere on the net?

You can separate learnsets by generation on the individual mon pages on Bulbapedia.

upandaway

Your King has returned!
The difference is that they didn't change how Feebas evolved, but they added another way.

You can't even attempt to evolve Feebas the old way in BW (so, logically, they didn't make Feebas no longer be able to evolve in the old way). However, if they changed someone's method of evolution, you could run into a situation where in the old games, he would have evolved. They also made it so his new way of evolution couldn't have been done in the old games for the same reason.

They can definitely change the level of a Pokemon's evolution, though (they might not ever realize this). Pokemon have different movepools depending on the region, so it makes sense that they could evolve at different levels depending on the region too.

You know it's not even just the Fire/grass combo, I'd like to see future pokemon with new type combinations altogether. Ghost/steel, fighting/flying, psychic/electric would all be pretty cool.

Frost_Ace

The difference is that they didn't change how Feebas evolved, but they added another way.

You can't even attempt to evolve Feebas the old way in BW (so, logically, they didn't make Feebas no longer be able to evolve in the old way). However, if they changed someone's method of evolution, you could run into a situation where in the old games, he would have evolved. They also made it so his new way of evolution couldn't have been done in the old games for the same reason.

They can definitely change the level of a Pokemon's evolution, though (they might not ever realize this). Pokemon have different movepools depending on the region, so it makes sense that they could evolve at different levels depending on the region too.

Actually they already did that with Piloswine and lickytung, they could learn the moves they needed to evolve in the old games :|

wbu0d.jpg

I'm pretty happy with myself, not gonna lie :p

I'm playing it through my Wii

Ha, that anime tournament was pretty awesome. That Axew battle turned into frigging Dragonball Z.

Loved Cilan's and Burgundy's pretension-off, too.

serebii.net said:
A couple of months ago, it was revealed that The Pokémon Company would be making their first appearance at the Japanese trade show; Jump Festa. Today, following on from that, it was announced that, at Jump Festa, there will be a surprise announcement related to Pokémon.

HYPEHYPEHYPE.

Absolutely.

Grey and Ruby and Sapphire remakes and Red and Green reremakes and Wii U MMO and Snap 3DS and Keldeo and Meloetta and Genesect and movies and sixth gen ALL OVER MY FACE.

The mainline games are usually announced around...

I wanna say February, then released in September? My memory's hazy.

Normally February or March, yeah.

I know the odds of a new mainline game are low, but there is a nagging little voice at the back of my head. I mean... attending Jump Festa for the first time? Must be big. Announcing a new mainline Pokemon when 3DS is going into Mario Kart and Monster Hunter-related overdrive would make good sense.

Probably going to be some anime stuff.

Trying to keep hype down...

Top Bottom