• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

upandaway

That is a fantastic question. I shall wildly speculate.

I want to say that they use her clips just because it's a funny thought but she's probably doing it every time. From the production side of things, it just seems way easier to implement, manage and develop for long term use. Sure they're losing money on her salary but they're saving a ton of headache which could end up just costing them more.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
You didn't know that?

If you've watched 10 eps of the anime you'd know that Pikachu has lots of phrases.

upandaway

You didn't know Pikachu consistently says Pipi-kachu when talking about Team Rocket.

If you did then I'm willing to accept my loss. But that's not common sense. It's crazy.

It's just like if you watch even a couple eps it's obvious they repeat stuff. I didn't know half of that list before I looked it up but I did know they were repeating stuff. People really didn't know PiPiPi?

I remember PiPiPi, I guess, but I never thought that it was thought out for others at all.

Wiseblade

List wars time! This week: Name your top 3 Trainer classes! (The classes "Pokémon Trainer", "Gym Leader", "Elite Four", "Champion" and any of the trainer classes exclusively belonging to Frontier Brains are excluded.) Mine would be:

RSE_PokeFanM.png

3) PokéFan - The idea of all those 10 year olds that are obsessed with Pikachu growing up, having kids and still being obsessed with Pikachu is hilarious.

Spr_BW_Veteran_M.png

2) Veteran - Ace Trainers are so boring now. It's all about the Veteran. /hipster

GenIYoungster.png

1) Youngster - Whether he's extolling the virtues of shorts, informing the world of his spectacular Rattata or just keeping the 90s alive, The Youngster does it in style all his own.

Too many to choose from...

1.Veteran F
EBntQ.png

She gives off that 'international spy' type feel.

2.Veteran M/PI
dYEsq.png
or
H3RKN.png

The whole detective thing is very cool, but I can't choose...

3. Striker/Boarder
VjIJd.png
or
mSa5U.png

Sports!

Honorable mention:
rLgdU.png

JP sprite > US sprite

Gentleman is a class act and clearly the best trainer type, it's always some old mustached guy setting his Growlithe off on you and if my memory is correct he usually delivers a nice supply of money.

I think we can all agree that Wattson is the worst electric gym leader.

On that note, best leaders are...

Normal: Lenora
Fire: Flannery
Water: Crasher Wake
Grass: Cilan
Bug: Burgh
Electric: Lt. Surge
Steel: Byron
Rock: Roark
Flying: Skyla
Fighting: Maylene
Ice: Price
Psychic: Sabrina
Poison: Koga
Ground: Giovanni
Dragon: Iris
Ghost: Morty
Dark: LOL

Wow, never realised how bad some of those puns were.

Some loser in 5th gen I've never heard of because nobody talks about him/her?

You think no one talks about Elesa?

Stay pure, Beef.

Top Bottom