• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Gravijah

not committing to this list but i'd say...

nsOr4.png

CRXMO.png

pY1Ay.png

are three of my favorites

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Yeah, you just have to expose yourself to wild encounters a ton if you want to get a shiny. There's really nothing else to it.

Or chain breed with a bunch of different language Pokemon.

The Pokeradar's pretty effective too, or so I've heard.

Boogiepop

Grr... things that "don't really seem to like each other much" can still breed as long as they're in the same egg group, right? Trying to get the perfect HP off this tortouga onto a baby shellder, but the eggs just are NOT coming.
Edit: NVM, just got two. Just goes to show, if you leave two things alone long enough, they WILL have sex, even if they hate each other :)

Wichu

Woo, list time.

Sapphire: 385/386 Pokémon legitimately. We never got a 3rd gen Celebi event in the UK :(

Random encounter/trade with good friend (i.e. not Wi-Fi or at an event) shinies: Zigzagoon (Sapphire), Shuppet (Emerald), Medicham (Pearl), Shroomish (trade) - all fully evolved by now
Pokéradar shinies: Shinx x2, Electrike x3, Budew x1 (all Pearl)
RNGed shinies: far too many to list :p
My brothers have gotten a few shinies over the years, though they don't play nearly as much any more.
Middle brother: Mawile (Ruby), Camerupt (Ruby), Baltoy (Ruby), Ponyta (trade), Golbat (trade) - again, all fully evolved. I swear he got one every single time he played through Ruby.
Youngest brother: Zigzagoon (Sapphire), Pineco (Sapphire; hatched from egg), Geodude (Platinum) - unfortunately, his Sapphire save got corrupted and he lost the awesome gold Forretress :(

Favourite Poison-types: ask my mono-Poison team. Scolipede/Golbat/Nidoking/Drapion/Gengar/Toxicroak.
If I had to choose three of them:
452.png

545.png

034.png

There's several Poison-types I like that aren't on the team. Poison-types rock.

Just out of curiosity, is everyone picking Scolipede because they actually like him or because he's the last in the evolutionary line?

Because design wise I think

mh2RP.png
>
LlifO.png

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
There's no problem with doing double power item breeding, right? They still work the same if you're using two?

I remember there being some ire that BW changed how that worked for the worse, so I'm not sure.

Kaper

My top 3 poison types:

- Nidorino (Nidoking is cool, but I like the aggressive look of Nidorino more)

- Crobat

- Weezing

Wiseblade

New Game: Pokémon that look better than their evolutions.

035.png
>
036.png

039.png
>
040.png

061.png
>
062.png

112.png
>
464.png

193.png
>
469.png

198.png
>
430.png

299.png
>
476.png

502.png
>
503.png

I can't wait to see the madness when someone says "Pikachu"...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
My favorite Poison types, design wise:

MZAWv.png
s0xoW.png
MWJ2d.png

Runner up:

roqwE.png

Don't care for the actual type though.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

Sort of agreed with most of those, except for Pimpkrow which you're still wrong about, and maybe Wigglytuff, which I <3.

The biggest one, for me:

qY2q1.png
>
pdsvV.png

Togekiss' design has grown a lot on my but I still prefer Togetic's. Maybe if Togekiss had a neck I'd say they're equal...

Wiseblade

Sort of agreed with most of those, except for Pimpkrow which you're still wrong about, and maybe Wigglytuff, which I <3.

The biggest one, for me:

http://i.imgur.com/qY2q1.png > http://i.imgur.com/pdsvV.png

Togekiss' design has grown a lot on my but I still prefer Togetic's. Maybe if Togekiss had a neck I'd say they're equal...

What? No. I'm not a fan of Togetic. If I had my way, Togepi would evolve straight into Togekiss.

039.png
>
040.png

It irks me that Wigglytuff has to live in the shadow of that inferior balloon, I blame the anime for misdirecting the easily impressionable children.

I will say Charmeleon, Scyther and Krokorok are the ones that stand out for me seeing that those are 3 of my favourite pokemon right there.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
What? No. I'm not a fan of Togetic. If I had my way, Togepi would evolve straight into Togekiss.

I really don't know how you could say that (except for differing tastes, etc.)

Togetic looks like a little cherub angel. Togetic looks like a no-neck fat bird.

And explain this to me: in evolution, how do you go from a species that has two working wings, two working arms, and two working feet and legs, to a species that has no arms and two pathetic little feet?

It'd be like humans evolving into a species with no thumbs. You don't go backwards you know!

Wiseblade

I really don't know how you could say that (except for differing tastes, etc.)

Togetic looks like a little cherub angel. Togetic looks like a no-neck fat bird.

And explain this to me: in evolution, how do you go from a species that has two working wings, two working arms, and two working feet and legs, to a species that has no arms and two pathetic little feet?

It'd be like humans evolving into a species with no thumbs. You don't go backwards you know!

Togetic looks like some freakish egg shaped thing. and your problem is exactly why Togetic shouldn't exist. Iogepi's "arms" being underdeveloped wings is a much easier sell then them just disappearing completely when evolving into Togekiss.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Anyways, just from Gen 5:

sXzhd.gif
>
ZP7SC.gif

XU40E.gif
>
Q8BXA.gif

alIxD.gif
>
Z3nYp.gif
>
DY949.gif

hsq2r.gif
>
lbrUO.gif

JpbXB.gif
>
K1TAx.gif

That's not to say the ones on the right are horrible, I just prefer the ones on the left.

Togetic looks like some freakish egg shaped thing.

That's the point. Until Togekiss went wildly in a random direction, the Toge* line was defined by the "egg."

and your problem is exactly why Togetic shouldn't exist. Iogepi's "arms" being underdeveloped wings is a much easier sell then them just disappearing completely when evolving into Togekiss.

I don't understand?

One thing I also dislike about Togekiss is how big it is.

4gUJe.png

Should be half that size.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Sure, but it kinda beats the point if they're both awesome.

If Scrafty's eyes weren't half-lidded I would be tempted to say they're about equal.

Anyone else really hope they bring back the pokeradar for Grey? It was so nice, actually having a method to get shinies.

I want the Poketch in general back. So useful. They could do some amazing things if they do like, a Poketch SDK/API. Downloadable Poketch apps!

Of course I also want the things the C-Gear did well to be added too.

Boogiepop

RNG (not RNG abuse, just RNG) needs to hurry up and give me a 31 in another useful stat. Right now, I have a ton of shellders with perfect HP and Sp. Def (and I could totally breed in perfect Sp. Attack). :|

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

Agreed with these.

But not these. I don't get the hate for Scizor, I think it looks pretty cool. Like a bug Megaman. With red metal armor. Awesome.

Scyther is still awesome, of course.

Porygon 2 looks a lot better than 1 IMO, but I don't care for Porygon Z at all. Don't hate it, but I'm sort of meh on it.

Also, can't imagine why anyone would put Pimpkrow under Murkrow ._.

I know right? Wisey just blindly hates all the cross-gen Gen 4 evos. Except Togekiss evidently, which he's also wrong about...

Wiseblade

I know right? Wisey just blindly hates all the cross-gen Gen 4 evos. Except Togekiss evidently, which he's also wrong about...

I actually like Gliscor, Weavile, Roserade, Froslass and Mismagius too. I just think some of them are the worst Pokémon in Gen IV.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gen 4 (of the ones not mentioned yet):

iqRbY.gif
>
cqR7G.gif

PYoge.gif
>
6ZJuW.gif

vzPMn.gif
>
DJnY9.gif

(just barely, they're both awesome)

Kv51e.gif
>
Y6eHh.gif

(but that was sort of the point)

1C2g4.gif
>
0gSjm.gif

(this one, like Togekiss, has grown on me as time goes on)

fmH3i.gif
>
5APJa.gif

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Froslass' design is pure garbage. I'd rather raise a Toxicroak.

I'd rather french kiss a Toxicroak than have a Froslass on my team.

As for Weavile, I don't know, I got really attached to Sneasel's design in Gen 2. Weavile looks like it has some dumb lion's mane that makes it look like a girl. The jewel on its head and "necklace" doesn't help either.

Gravijah

As for Weavile, I don't know, I got really attached to Sneasel's design in Gen 2. Weavile looks like it has some dumb lion's mane that makes it look like a girl. The jewel on its head and "necklace" doesn't help either.

but sneasel already looked rather feminine...

also, toxicroak is a cool design.

Wiseblade

Froslass' design is pure garbage. I'd rather raise a Toxicroak.

Insulting Frosslass and Toxicroak? Disgraceful.

But poor taste is to be expected from a T.Hawk player...

Like Sneasel wasn't already really feminine?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I never really thought of Sneasel as feminine though. But Weavile's design beats you over the head with it. They're similar enough that I can more easily accept the evo though.

(I really like Toxicroak's design, just btw.)

Top Bottom