• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
8YHe4.png

Cheer up Grav, there's like four of us in this thread that love Raichu more than most other Pokemon. That's like, half of PokeGAF.

OMG Aero

It's Question Time!

How many of you have completed the Pokédex in any of the games? If so, how long did it take? If not, how close have you come?
I managed to get one of every Pokemon in my PC at the same time on Soul Silver. That took forever.

So, who here has actually found a shiny without any exploits (IE pokeradar, RNG abuse, events that are always shiny, etc)? I've played at least 1000 hours since they existed (Silver. Played a lot of Blue/Yellow,, but no visible shinies there...), but STILL have yet to see one. :(

I've had:
Shiny Tentacool (Silver)
Shiny Slowbro (Leaf Green)
Shiny Budew (Pearl through the PokeRadar)
Shiny Linoone (Soul Silver)
Shiny Rattata (Soul Silver)
Shiny Joltik (Hatched in White)

On hindsight I've been pretty lucky when it comes to shiny Pokemon (Particularly in Soul Silver). I was also really lucky with that Joltik since Galvantula is one of my favourite Pokemon and it had the right nature, ability and pretty good IVs, it's just a shame it's one of those shinies that are just a slightly different shade.
I68VQ.png

Wiseblade

This ep, and the one preceding it and subsequent were the three eps on the one Pokemon VHS tape I used to watch over and over.

Ahh, nostalgia.

Even today some of those Pokemon injuries freak me out. Like the broken Pinsir horn. (Horn? Claw? Talon? Tooth?)

Ear?

Hate to be that guy, but Pikachu actually is much better than Raichu.

Don't hurt me.

Alseo, Dwebble is about a million times better than Crustle.

Magmar>Magmortar

Krokorok>Krookodile

Combee>Vespiquen

Mime Jr.>Mr. Mime

Snivy> Servine and Serperior

Vulpix>Ninetales.

Boogiepop

Gahhhh! Got a shellder with perfect attack plus speed to continue my chain with, and I just got one with perfect hp, attack, and speed+the right nature... but it had the wrong ability :|
I will persevere!

Emitan

What happens when competitive Pokemon battlers have children? Do they obsess over their child's IVs and Nature? Make sure they're EV trained correctly? Teach them so they have the proper moveset for living on their own?

Gravijah

What happens when competitive Pokemon battlers have children? Do they obsess over their child's IVs and Nature? Make sure they're EV trained correctly? Teach them so they have the proper moveset for living on their own?

they require a "perfect partner" and thus they never breed

Top Bottom