• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Wiseblade

But I can't hat on Bianca too much, at least she's not Wally. I hope that any eventual RSE remake completely redoes the rival into someone interesting.

Cheren may have no personality, but I like his design. Maybe because he has glasses. He's a cool rival.

What does Bianca have?
Wait a minute, don't answer that question.

Wiseblade

I think Cheren has a pretty well developed personality. He spent so much time studying Pokémon before becoming a trainer, and has to see all of that hard work become meaningless against the raw talent of his childhood friend. Who also, just happens to be the chosen one. He has to deal with not being the main character in his own life.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
wally is
ghetsis

ZV6h9.jpg

Boney

Banned
I think Cheren has a pretty well developed personality. He spent so much time studying Pokémon before becoming a trainer, and has to see all of that hard work become meaningless against the raw talent of his childhood friend. Who also, just happens to be the chosen one. He has to deal with not being the main character in his own life.

story of my life

but i agree, cheren was pretty great

he's missing what bianca has though

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I don't see how anyone could be overly pleased with Rumble Blast. It's very repetitive, but it can be mind numbling fun. Where it really falls short, and could have made up a lot of group, was single cart co-op (no one should ever be forced to buy two copies of this game) and online play.

Once it drops to $20 used, I could recommend it for pickup, but anything over that and it's a terrible deal.

Roto13

Rumble Blast is a retail game? I thought it was eShop. Holy shit.

The first Pokemon Rumble was a WiiWare game, but this one is a full retail game. It's not that there's any lack of content or anything, but it's just really boring and repetitive. Whether it's a boring download or a boring retail game doesn't really matter. :p

Emitan

The first Pokemon Rumble was a WiiWare game, but this one is a full retail game. It's not that there's any lack of content or anything, but it's just really boring and repetitive. Whether it's a boring download or a boring retail game doesn't really matter. :p

I was thinking of buying it if it was a $10 download. No way I'm spending $40 on a repetitive game, but maybe $10.

Not sure if any of you watch House M.D., but on tonight's episode, he (House) name dropped Arceus lol.

Referred to it as the creator of the universe.

I'm not totally sure if he was referring to the Pokemon or something else, but nevertheless I found it amusing.

I downloaded the episode so I'll try to upload the clip tomorrow.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
If he did say Arceus, then there's no confusing it for something else. That's pretty insane. :p

Emitan

I think House has played one of the GBA Metroids as well as Hunters in episodes (as well as a PSP), so I'm not entirely surprised.

Firestorm

Ok since apparently this thread isn't about revealing images of cartoon children anymore I guess it's time to check it out again.

I heard about that reference and quickly YouTubed it. I really need to catch up... Had no idea there was a new cast. I haven't watched since the break last season so I think I'm a full season behind at this point.

Went to the Vancouver City Championship for TCG on Sunday to watch some friends play and I'm somewhat interested in getting into the card game again... Probably will borrow a deck from a friend for the Surrey City Championship in January and maybe the BC Provincial as well... I don't really want to get invested as I barely have time for the other stuff I want to do and I'm hoping next year they expand the Video Game Championship series to Battle Roads / City / Provincial levels so there's opportunities to play year-round!

Ok since apparently this thread isn't about revealing images of cartoon children anymore I guess it's time to check it out again.

I heard about that reference and quickly YouTubed it. I really need to catch up... Had no idea there was a new cast. I haven't watched since the break last season so I think I'm a full season behind at this point.

Went to the Vancouver City Championship for TCG on Sunday to watch some friends play and I'm somewhat interested in getting into the card game again... Probably will borrow a deck from a friend for the Surrey City Championship in January and maybe the BC Provincial as well... I don't really want to get invested as I barely have time for the other stuff I want to do and I'm hoping next year they expand the Video Game Championship series to Battle Roads / City / Provincial levels so there's opportunities to play year-round!
Ah yes, you're right.

Starts at the :45 second mark.

And yeah, 5th and 6th seasons were a bit slow, but last season and this have been great, you should definitely catch up!

Also, Vancouver you say? Not really into the TCG scene but I live in Coquitlam so I suppose I could spectate...

Firestorm

Western Canada Regionals for the video game will be on April 15th in Central City Shopping Centre (the mall right at Surrey Central skytrain station) so come by! I'll be there =) Unless I get a job somewhere far away I guess.

Firestorm

Haha, not happening unless I get super lucky. Vancouver area has a lot of competitive players that I know are better than me =[ Got a friend flying in from Saskatchewan to participate who has a good chance of topping it too.

Top Bottom