• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Rocket's leading up to a different plan ATM.

They've swept those episodes entirely under the carpet. Any Plasma references have been edited out, and apparently they've dropped episodes we never even heard about.

I'm half expecting Team Plasma to get the Porygon treatment, and to be completely washed from the anime.

That would suck.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Is the Team Rocket stuff still building up to those episodes that got canned because of the Japanese earthquakes?
I have no idea what they are even doing any more.

I wondered the same thing and checked, but nope, the current American dub episode is way past where those episodes were (current: 44, Rocket v. Plasma: 23 and 24.) So it is probably building to something, it's just hard to care when it's this stretched out.

They've swept those episodes entirely under the carpet. Any Plasma references have been edited out, and apparently they've dropped episodes we never even heard about.

I'm half expecting Team Plasma to get the Porygon treatment, and to be completely washed from the anime.

That would suck.

That would really really suck, but it's my biggest fear right now. The episodes looked like they were entirely finished too. Maybe someday they'll be released... or leaked...

That would suck.

Wait where did you hear this? I thought that only those two episodes had been dropped. Have they actually been editing out refs to Plasma?

Not using one Pokemon out of hundreds is one thing, but not using important overarching storyline characters is another. It doesn't make sense.

...But Zekrom's movie has already happened, silly.

9Kt3d.png

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Kyurem > those other two goobers

Gray will probably say the same thing too.

:bow Ice/Dragon :bow2

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Hah, I liked it. His designs are getting more and more grotesque though. :p But I guess that's the point.

Epic Drop

I'm not sure why, but I've had a weird desire recently to watch all of the pokemon anime. The last time I watched the anime was the very first season back in middle school. I'm not a pokemon maniac or anything, but I do enjoy the game and put a good 50+ hours in to each generation when it first comes out.

Be honest with me... is it worth watching?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'm not sure why, but I've had a weird desire recently to watch all of the pokemon anime. The last time I watched the anime was the very first season back in middle school. I'm not a pokemon maniac or anything, but I do enjoy the game and put a good 50+ hours in to each generation when it first comes out.

All of it? No, it'd probably be a waste of time. But everyone's different. Try to get through the whole Kanto arc and see if you can continue from there.

As a kid I rewatched that part so many time just to hear that song ;_; sogood.gif

EVERY. SINGLE. DAMN. TIME.

All 700+ episodes? It's a big ask.

I'm doing a Sinnoh region marathon at the moment, simply because I missed it at the time. I'd recommend one region at a time, rather than diving headfirst into the whole thing.

Wiseblade

I'm doing a Sinnoh region marathon at the moment, simply because I missed it at the time. I'd recommend one region at a time, rather than diving headfirst into the whole thing.

How are you finding the pacing?

I don't think I could ever watch a whole region through again. I can only just about motivate myself to watch capture, evolution and Gym/Pokémon League episodes as it is. Sinnoh especially would be a nightmare.

How are you finding the pacing?

Not terrible so far.

I'm 28 episodes in, and while there have been fillers, stuff like the contests helps to bulk it out a bit. And, while there are more fillers than, say, Best Wishes, the filler has been of better quality thus far.

The really interesting thing for me is how little the anime was promoting the new fourth gen Pokemon...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Not terrible so far.

I'm 28 episodes in, and while there have been fillers, stuff like the contests helps to bulk it out a bit. And, while there are more fillers than, say, Best Wishes, the filler has been of better quality thus far.

The really interesting thing for me is how little the anime was promoting the new fourth gen Pokemon...

Oh they get into that later on, it just wasn't a priority.

Oh they get into that later on, it just wasn't a priority.

Having watched Best Wishes, and its constant shoehorning of Pokemon debuts, seeing the first episode of Diamond and Pearl centring around a group of Ariados was somewhat of a shock, as was one of the first episodes focusing on a Golduck.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Having watched Best Wishes, and its constant shoehorning of Pokemon debuts, seeing the first episode of Diamond and Pearl centring around a group of Ariados was somewhat of a shock, as was one of the first episodes focusing on a Golduck.

It was reflective of Gen 4 as a whole, which was more retrospective on past generations than 3 and 5 were. (Hence all the cross-gen evolutions in Gen 4, and the older Pokemon having some prominence in the Sinnoh part of the anime.)

Wiseblade

Sinnoh didn't have that many Pokémon to debut. Gen IV had 94 non-legendary Pokémon, joint lowest with Johto. And considering how many of those are cross generational evolutions, it makes a lot more sense that the anime would muse more Pokémon from older generations as well.

Firestorm

Not terrible so far.

Time spent on the Pokemon anime could be better spent watching One Piece.

Top Bottom