• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

now im not going to be able to unsee this D:

EMpBx.jpg

- Spring Mario is fine, you folks just aren't into the rhythm of springing
- SMW>SMB3
- Penguin Suit is the best suit, belly sliding, water surfing, frog suit style swimming and ice flower powers? hell yes

Boney

Banned
Spring isn't that bad cause levels are designed around it, I just think it's slow and boring really.

But motherfucking turtle mario basically ruins the player's controls because you can't change directions if you start spinning so say bye bye to the run button.

Worst of all is needing it to unlock coins.

Wiseblade

Spring isn't that bad cause levels are designed around it, I just think it's slow and boring really.

But motherfucking turtle mario basically ruins the player's controls because you can't change directions if you start spinning so say bye bye to the run button.

Worst of all is needing it to unlock coins.

You're probably one of those people who hate the hammer suit and Kuribo's shoe.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
- Spring Mario is fine, you folks just aren't into the rhythm of springing
- SMW>SMB3
- Penguin Suit is the best suit, belly sliding, water surfing, frog suit style swimming and ice flower powers? hell yes

Cape is my favorite, followed by the Propeller Suit, then the Racoon Tail/Tanooki Suit.

As you can tell, I love flight.
Duh, I like flying Pokemon the best too.

I never cared for the Shell Suit but it was probably the best "normal" powerup in NSMB (not saying much, since the Mega Mushroom doesn't fit that criteria.) Much better than the Mini Mushroom, anyways.

Spring is fine once you get the rhythm of it. It's sort of a one-note powerup though. Nothing special.

Wait, wasn't this a thread about Pokemon at one point?

OMG Aero

Wait, wasn't this a thread about Pokemon at one point?
I just got round to watching the Victini movie, that was pretty cool. Though I couldn't help but laugh every time someone mentioned Dragon force. Also fuck yeah Golurk taking on Zekrom like a boss, I thought it was awesome in the games how it's this big robot looking thing that can fly for some reason but it turns out it can actually just turn its legs and arms into jets.
I wonder what (if anything) they are going to do with Reshiram and Zekrom in the series now. That movie was pretty much a retooling of what they do in the game but with the "antagonist" having a different goal.

There you go, there's the token Pokemon post for this page.

Boney

Banned
You're probably one of those people who hate the hammer suit and Kuribo's shoe.

no, i love them, not because they're useful but because smb3 is packed with a shit ton of cool secrets and extras.

At least you realized how awful blue shell was, but you won't admit it.

And andrex, Mega Mushroom was completely pointless and stupid, but it's not as offensive as the shell. And the Mini one, although frustrating, especially to unlock world 4 and 7, doesn't play like diarrhea, but how bad it is comes from NSMB lazy and bad level design where you need to carry the mini mushroom from other levels.

Suairyu

Banned
Just got beat at the battle subway by a salamence who critical hit'd three times in a row, WHAT LE FUCK.
The great thing about random outcomes based on constant variables is that you can indeed get such results without anyone cheating.

Case in point: those assholes on the B&W OT2 who caught Victini at full health with a standard Pokeball.

Wiseblade

The great thing about random outcomes based on constant variables is that you can indeed get such results without anyone cheating.

Case in point: those assholes on the B&W OT2 who caught Victini at full health with a standard Pokeball.

The Battle Subway does cheat, though.

Wiseblade

Oh, it does? Do explain the details. I barely touched it.

One of the things it definitely does is find out what ability your Pokémon have with scouting it first. E.G The opponent will will know whether your Bronzong has Levitate of Fireproof without "checking" the normal way by using a ground/Fire attack.

I believe the further in you get, the higher the chances of the computer scoring a critical hit and optional effect of item triggering, too.

Top Bottom