• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Suairyu

Banned
I got Zelda Skyward Sword. I'm going to stop replaying White for a while. You guys understand, right?

Merry Christmas to all. Even the Raichus.

upandaway

I love the gender stuff. Right now, I just shoot for whatever gender the Pokemon looks most like (e.g. Vaporeon I'd go female, Jolteon male), but in an ideal world of unicorns and universal gender differences and magical gold apples, I could just catch a Pokemon and whatever gender it is, I'll be happy.

It's probably the most powerful aspect of personalization out there for me. Don't shout at me, calm down, I know the whole deal with natures and all, but c'mon.

Actually y'know what? Why stop there. Visual differences regardless of gender. A pikachu with that silly bedhair, a Magikarp/Gyarados with longer moustache, I dunno go wild. Something like 20% chance for encounter.

I'd go even further and make 'em have gameplay differences too (like, Mamoswine with slightly larger tusks, has a lightly higher chance of getting higher than average IV in ATK), but my tea is getting cold and I could keep typing for hours.

I'll sell this to you GameFreak. I want 3 coal and whatever shitty coupons you have.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Repost from animu thread:

Pikachu's Winter Vacation: Christmas Night:

MuE3El.png

The Pokeymen are left to their own devices while their trainers go out in order to get stuff for Christmas eve. Squirtle and Bulbasaur start WRECKING SHIT UP, and it's up to Pikachu to keep everything safe, particularly due to Togepi's propensity to get into trouble.

This is fairly standard as far as Christmas specials go. They even get to ruin Christmas, only to come up with a fairly logical but cute solution to the problem. Thus the Pokeymen learn that the holiday is not about the food or the material possessions, but rather spending time with those they love.

WBb6S.png
WBb6S.png
WBb6S.png
out of five.

Pikachu's Winter Vacation: Kanga Games:

Pi5chl.png

The Pokeymen discover a Brave New World after waiting for a chilly blizzard to die out.

Yeah, that's the plot.

This episode is more similar to the Pikachu shorts from the movies. There's not heart-warming message beyond a faint tinge at guardian-child bonds; it's all wacky hijinx... on ice. Can't say I cared too much about it even with the Meowth cameo (he should have had a more central role to at least give some sense of conflict to the script). There's a moment when shit gets real and it looks like the Pokeymen will be fucked up forever, but all is well at the end. Regardless, it is a fun ten minutes if you were into the playful episodes from the animu where Ash and company where absent.

WBb6S.png
WBb6S.png
WBb6S.png
out of five.

Oh man, this is the cutest page. That Kyurem is d'awwww-worthy.

I only ever saw the first one of those Christmas specials, but I always remember it making me feel really festive.

Wasn't there a CD out around that time with Misty trying to get Ash under the mistletoe, or was I just imagining it?

Styles

So I've been catching up on Pokemon and it's kind of nice to see Mouth tagging a long with the team.

Will Kyurem be getting an alternate form?

OMG Aero

Will Kyurem be getting an alternate form?
Going by the fact that Reshiram and Zekrom were originally one dragon, Kyurem having a lower stat total than them and that there are two ice moves in the game that no Pokemon can learn right now called Ice Burn and Freeze Shock which can burn and paralyse respectively, I'd say almost certainly.

Sagitario

Going by the fact that Reshiram and Zekrom were originally one dragon, Kyurem having a lower stat total than them and that there are two ice moves in the game that no Pokemon can learn right now called Ice Burn and Freeze Shock which can burn and paralyse respectively, I'd say almost certainly.

Can't wait to see it. I am starting to like Kyurem :p

i want an actual serpent/snake legendary. rayquaza doesn't count.

could be the first poison type legendary!

I think a Poison Legend would almost certainly have an ability that negates its weaknesses. Some sort of avatar for epidemics or Black Death would be better than a snake, anyway.

I just want more genetic fuck-up Pokemon. Mewtwo and Deoxys aren't enough!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Eh. Kyurem's alright, but Zekrom and Latios smoke it.

And if we're talking non-legendaries, it isn't even close to Haxorus or Garchomp.

For non-legends I love Hydreigon the best. Special-focused dragon? Hell yeah!

Also he looks like King Ghidorah/Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon.

I think a Poison Legend would almost certainly have an ability that negates its weaknesses. Some sort of avatar for epidemics or Black Death would be better than a snake, anyway.

I just want more genetic fuck-up Pokemon. Mewtwo and Deoxys aren't enough!

Genesect is more of a genetic fuck-up Pokemon than Deoxys (which is just an alien.)

If I had to choose:

Non-legendary: Hydreigon
Legendary: Zekrom

I'm sort of half and half on Kyurem's stance. The stooping over just looks odd to me. Maybe his alt forme will be better...

Boogiepop

I'm probably most fond of Dragonite and Latias. I guess I'm just more fond of the happy-go-lucky dragons than the super-serious ones (though Hydreigon is pretty neat). And Salamence is definitely my least favorite dragon. Something about it has always made it feel REALLY generic to me, don't know why exactly. Just never been a fan.

I'm probably most fond of Dragonite and Latias. I guess I'm just more fond of the happy-go-lucky dragons than the super-serious ones (though Hydreigon is pretty neat). And Salamence is definitely my least favorite dragon. Something about it has always made it feel REALLY generic to me, don't know why exactly. Just never been a fan.

I liked Salamence's backstory told through the Pokedex, but that's about it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

Always hated Salamence's design. So lame.

Gravijah

haxorus is amazing, but i wish he would have stayed green instead of turning yellow. and his shiny form is just him turning black, which is really really lame. hydreigon on the other hand, turns green, which makes me happy.

Top Bottom