• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

So, finished up Pokemon Black last week, then went and ordered Pokemon Heart Gold, Pearl, Emerald and Fire Red
with a Gameboy Micro to play those last 2

What have I done??

So, finished up Pokemon Black last week, then went and ordered Pokemon Heart Gold, Pearl, Emerald and Fire Red

What have I done??

Haha, exactly what I did. Except for me it was Soul Silver, Platinum, Emerald and Leaf Green. And I'm playing the GBA games on a GBA SP 101 (the later, backlit model).

Wiseblade

Johto League Champions

Episodes 158-159: A Goldenrod Opportunity, A Dairy Tale Ending

Episode 161: The Bug Stops Here

Episode 165: Hassle in the Castle

Episode 169: Beauty and the Breeder

Episode 171: Power Play!

(Debatable) Episode 174: Imitation Confrontation

(Debatable) Episode 178: The Grass Route

Episodes 181-182: A Ghost of a Chance, From Ghost to Ghost

(Debatable) Episode 183: Trouble's Brewing

Episode 187: Moving Pictures

Episode 189: Freeze Frame

Episode 194: Ring Masters

Episode 196: Control Freak!

Episodes 199-200: Current Events, Turning Over A New Bayleef

(Gen III Debut) Episode 205: The Kecleon Caper

Episodes 208-209: Fight for the Light!, Machoke, Machoke Man!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'd probably have Advanced Battle and The Johto Journeys at the top of my list of anime themes, although I do have a certain fondness for We Will Be Heroes, too.

The current one has to rank down there with the worst of them.

You like all that do do do do do do crap? Ick. After that and Orange Islands theme I was giving up hope of having a cool rocking theme again, but then Johto Champions came out and was my favorite for a very long time.

What have I done??

Why did you get Pearl instead of Platinum?

PS_GUY

Not sure if this has been posted here but the Pokemon Center is/will be releasing a "metal charm" of every freaking Pokemon known so far!!! This, of course, excludes Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect, but they will likely get their own charms when they are officially revealed.

http://pokemonblackandwhite.net/?p=7560

I'm really tempted to get a charm of my team from each game now. They're more practical then trying to collect a plushie of your team since not all Pokemon were made into plushie form. *cough* Girafarig *cough*

You like all that do do do do do do crap? Ick. After that and Orange Islands theme I was giving up hope of having a cool rocking theme again, but then Johto Champions came out and was my favorite for a very long time.

Hell yeah. Really sold it as a new start.

It's a whole new world we live in,
Do-do-do-do-do-do
It's a whole new way to see.
Do-do-do-do-do-do
It's a whole new place,
With a brand new attitude.
But you've still gotta catch 'em all,
To be the best that you can be.
Pokemon Johto.

So good.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
So fricking crappy. Almost as bad as the DP rap. Almost.

I want to take a do do do do do do all over whoever wrote that song.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gloom was my favorite grass type for a while. I did also dig Weepinbell.

Bellossom is the best of the two lines.

haha, i actually have a shiny weepinbell!

Mine got a terrible nature and fairly average IV's. It really went against my nature (i'm usually a perfectionist in games) but i'll be damned if i let a shiny go to waste so i had to raise it and use it.

Hmm every time i enter this thread i feel the urge to start raising another party rising. Need to resist.

Peasants. I have a shiny Gloom.

It's the only shiny I've ever just randomly happened upon in the wild (except for one other thing in the Safari Zone which, naturally, ran away almost immediately). The rest were all caught via Radar chaining, except for the shiny beasts they did over wifi and LadyGyaGya, who doesn't really count.

Peasants. I have a shiny Gloom.

It's the only shiny I've ever just randomly happened upon in the wild (except for one other thing in the Safari Zone which, naturally, ran away almost immediately). The rest were all caught via Radar chaining, except for the shiny beasts they did over wifi and LadyGyaGya, who doesn't really count.

I won't lie i am jealous. I don't really want to use tricks to get shinies, it kinda feels like it defeats the purpose of them a little bit (although they probably made them a little too rare). I don't mind if other people do though.

Gravijah

shinies i've encountered in the wild:

linoone in sapphire. i ran away from it and only realized after.

miltank in the safari zone in emerald... it fled. :(

weepinbell when i was messing with the pokeradar in pearl.

I won't lie i am jealous. I don't really want to use tricks to get shinies, it kinda feels like it defeats the purpose of them a little bit (although they probably made them a little too rare). I don't mind if other people do though.

I liked chaining because it had a nice element of chance to it, felt like a risk and reward sort of thing, and there was a possibility of anything you managed to get actually being useful thanks to Synchronise. It was like this neat little meta-game with cool rewards.

Only problem was lack of Egg Moves.

My shinies to date are:

2 caterpies (don't remember what happened to the first one)

1 magikarp - this annoyed me for 2 reasons. One because gold magikarp is way more awesome than red gyrados and 2 because i got him in a game where you get red gyrados for free. I ended up just keeping him as a magikarp.

I've also had mankey, machop, raticate, bellsprout, sentret and wobbuffet.

To date though i have never had a shiny from breeding despite hatching thousands of eggs.

Not sure if this has been posted here but the Pokemon Center is/will be releasing a "metal charm" of every freaking Pokemon known so far!!! This, of course, excludes Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect, but they will likely get their own charms when they are officially revealed.

http://pokemonblackandwhite.net/?p=7560

I'm really tempted to get a charm of my team from each game now. They're more practical then trying to collect a plushie of your team since not all Pokemon were made into plushie form. *cough* Girafarig *cough*

Would you mind getting a dragon egg from poke center?

Ultratech

Shines I've encountered/caught:
-Ditto (Silver): Two ways; the old trick and I actually found one once. (I think...)
-Lickitung (Silver): This was especially funny since it was during Thanksgiving one year.
-Spearow (Silver): Think it was found by Viridian...I evolved it to a Fearow.
-Tentacool (Ruby): Not too surprising...I remember it had crap stats though.
-Spinda x2 (Emerald): Yes, I got two of these guys. And not that far apart, time-wise. Was level grinding a bit and boom!

Can't remember if I found a shiny in 4th gen or not...definitely not in 5th.

MicH

How can you not like the Johto Journeys intro? It is SOOO CATCHY!. I've realized that I really like all theme songs up until the Diamond & Pearl sagas. The Advance generation, especially, had some great theme songs.

So fricking crappy. Almost as bad as the DP rap. Almost.

I want to take a do do do do do do all over whoever wrote that song.

Bah. As a new start to the anime, it was beyond perfect. Catchy to the point of insanity, too.

It's precisely what the Black and White theme wanted to be, but failed miserably at.

Izayoi

Banned
Do you know who the offending supplier is? I'd rather not order a fake as well.
Every copy of GBA-era Pokemon games that I've tried purchasing from Amazon has been fake. That's about ten games in total. I would highly recommend not buying off of Amazon. If you can, find a local seller.

Do you know who the offending supplier is? I'd rather not order a fake as well.

West LA Electronics: http://www.amazon.com/shops/ACZ6JQDWDLU2I

They're a "new seller" with no feedback or transaction history, so I guess I should've known better. The game is just a ROM dump that's almost perfect, but the fonts on the ESRB rating and the Nintendo seal are just a little bit off, and the game give a weird "Game Save is OK" message when you turn on the system. From what I read, though, these fakes are incompatible with Pal Park or double slot mode, so it's impossible to transfer anything.

I sent a message that said I didn't appreciate it, and I'd be leaving negative feedback if I didn't get a refund, but I'm sure I wont get a reply.

Top Bottom