• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Wiseblade

Master Quest

Episode 210: Around the Whirlpool

Episode 213: A Corsola Caper!

Episodes 215-217: Octillery The Outcast, Dueling Heroes, The Perfect Match!

(Debatable) Episodes 200-222: The Mystery is History, A Parent Trapped!, A Promise is a Promise

Episodes 224-225: Nerves of Steelix!, Bulbasaur... the Ambassador!

Episode 228: Extreme Pokémon!

Episode 230: Hatching a Plan

(Debatable) Episodes 235-236: Talkin' 'Bout an Evolution, Rage of Innocence

Episodes 237-238: As Cold as Pryce, Nice Pryce, Baby!

(Debatable) Episodes 241-242: Hocus Pokémon, As Clear as Crystal

Episode 247: Outrageous Fortunes

Episodes 252-254: Fangs for Nothin', Great Bowls of Fire!, Better Eight Than Never

Episodes 257-258: Lapras of Luxury, Hatch Me If You Can

Episode 261: Here's Lookin' at You, Elekid

Episode 264: Mother of All Battles

Episodes 267-273: Love, Pokémon Style, Tie One On!, The Ties That Bind, Can't Beat the Heat!, Playing with Fire!, Johto Photo Finish, Gotta Catch Ya Later!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Man I can still remember that flashback to Ash and Gary as kids, and Ash fishing... I think... OK maybe I can't remember it well but I remember something. :p Did Gary ever show up in Advanced?

Gravijah

i've been re-watching oldschool pokemon episodes with my sister on demand and man, i've got like, no emotional attachment to most of these episodes. not even GOODBYE PIKACHU.

Shame on you, Andrex. Learn your terrible 90s novelty rap better. You'll be telling me you don't who MC Hammer is next!

And yes, Pokemon episode names are so so dumb in the best possible way.

Guys I just finished Skyward Sword so I'm coming back to PokéGaf.

You're just time for me to recap my experience watching the Master Quest episode where Misty leaves. Hearing Brock go 'NOT YOU GUYS AGAIN' when Team Rocket shows up is the funniest thing I've seen in weeks.

I wouldn't know, I haven't paid attention to the anime since the beginning of Advanced/puberty :lol

Sometimes I see them on Serebii though, and I assume they are just the Japanese names... if they're the English names too, then smh.

Bring back Tracey

Wiseblade

They appear to have abandoned the puns lately, and just dived headfirst into Engrish.

I mean... "The Club Battle Hearts of Fury, Emolga Versus Sawk!"? "A Sandile Gusher of Change"? What the shit?

It's a shame. tPC did try to keep it going in DP, but the 4Kids titles were too pungent for anyone to match.

I've heard that the next series starts on the 11th of February. They're doing a run through the Unova gym battles on CN at the moment, with the next series starting at the Nimbasa gym on the 11th.

Don't quote me, however.

would you be ok with gen vi focusing 100% on double battles y/n

I wouldn't mind so long as it's better handled than the gamecube games and they come up with a better way for you to have 2 pokemon at the start . But really all i want is more double and triple battles not necessarily 100% but like 50% as opposed to the current >2%, really I dont mind in-game single battles though and wouldn't want to see them gone.

Ultratech

I wouldn't mind another console RPG, especially if they bring back Wes. He's secretly the best protagonist in the series.

I'm kinda surprised they haven't made another one yet. Always kinda hated you got stuck with that kid in XD after playing with Wes in Colosseum. Wonder I should go back and play XD again...

I'm kinda surprised they haven't made another one yet. Always kinda hated you got stuck with that kid in XD after playing with Wes in Colosseum. Wonder I should go back and play XD again...

I tried to replay XD once, it just didn't work, the shadow pokemon available around the beginning are a pretty poor selection and it feels worse than Colosseum in most aspects. They save all the good pokemon until the final two dungeon like areas for some sick and twisted reason. This game made me use a Swalot I tell you! that's how slim the pickings were!

I tried to replay XD once, it just didn't work, the shadow pokemon available around the beginning are a pretty poor selection and it feels worse than Colosseum in most aspects. They save all the good pokemon until the final two dungeon like areas for some sick and twisted reason. This game made me use a Swalot I tell you! that's how slim the pickings were!

You get a Zangoose fairly early though. I thought that was worth it.

You get a Zangoose fairly early though. I thought that was worth it.

There was an early Zangoose you say? All I remember was having an amazing Ursaring and average Vaporeon backed up by the jobber squadron. Truthfully I could have made some better choices in my team, most of them just sort of happened.
Actually I might have managed to go through twice because I remember having a better four pokemon team that made the game easier to deal with since the exp split was more manageable, I think that one involved Mawile, Mightyena and Ninetails, Mawile earned my respect on that run. But yeah I stand by it being not so fun to replay, especially with knowledge that some of the best from the original 150 are in the game but denied from you until the final few hours (or even the final battle).

Top Bottom