• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

There was an early Zangoose you say? All I remember was having an amazing Ursaring and average Vaporeon backed up by the jobber squadron. Truthfully I could have made some better choices in my team, most of them just sort of happened.
Actually I might have managed to go through twice because I remember having a better four pokemon team that made the game easier to deal with since the exp split was more manageable, I think that one involved Mawile, Mightyena and Ninetails, Mawile earned my respect on that run. But yeah I stand by it being not so fun to replay, especially with knowledge that some of the best from the original 150 are in the game but denied from you until the final few hours (or even the final battle).

Yeah, I remember having a Zangoose before one of the first major dungeon areas. XD was one of my favorite games, but damn it's been a good few years since I've bothered with it.

Ultratech

I tried to replay XD once, it just didn't work, the shadow pokemon available around the beginning are a pretty poor selection and it feels worse than Colosseum in most aspects. They save all the good pokemon until the final two dungeon like areas for some sick and twisted reason. This game made me use a Swalot I tell you! that's how slim the pickings were!

Ah, that's right...probably not such a good idea after all. You really can't get anything that good until the end. I remember taking forever on the last boss since he had all the good pokes. I probably still have an old Nintendo power that covers about half the game.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Dusted off Black for the first time since summer with the intent of actually completing it. The singleplayer formula is so tired to me at this point that the whole thing just feels like a chore now and I'm only 3 badges into it.

Styles

It's such a pain to get the right nature for your starter in Pokemon D/P. Grr.

Anyone have a spare female Snorunt they can trade with me? Playing on Diamond.

FC:4985 9198 2425

Thanks.

Anth0ny

Randomly stumbled upon this on Google:

XKHD7.jpg

0k5GF.jpg

Pretty good mockups considering what I've seen sold on ebay in the past...

Poor Green. Never got the recognition it deserved.

Spr_1g_151.png
Spr_1g_006.png
Spr_1g_107.png

Shouldn't the ESRB rating be K-A?

EDIT: Nope, I'm wrong. And I realize now what I'm looking at... Red and Blue are real copies, only green is a mockup. Too bad this isn't really how they came out. Imagine if every generation had three editions instead of two.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Shouldn't the ESRB rating be K-A?

EDIT: Nope, I'm wrong. And I realize now what I'm looking at... Red and Blue are real copies, only green is a mockup. Too bad this isn't really how they came out. Imagine if every generation had three editions instead of two.

It does. The third version just takes a bit longer. ;)

Styles

OMG, I just found out that I can't get a dawn stone until post game in Diamond. I don't want to have to wait that long to evolve my Snorunt? Anyone have a dawn stone they're not planning on using in D/P/Pt that I could have?

Pokemon Green?! That must have been a Japan only thing because I never knew there was one. Looking back, wow some of those sprites are just awful...and hilariously funny.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Pokemon Green?! That must have been a Japan only thing because I never knew there was one. Looking back, wow some of those sprites are just awful...and hilariously funny.

Green is known for having the most, hrm, creative and mangled sprites in the series.

Busaiku

Rayquaza won the most popular cover Pokemon contest.
It knows Extremespeed, Hyper Beam, Dragon Pulse, and V-Create.

I wanted Pikachu with V-Create.
This is unfair.

Wow, does Rayquaza even need a move like that? (No)
Is that the most powerful move that doesn't knock out your own Pokemon too? Or is there something better?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Just bought HeartGold. Good choice? It was used so now I have to delete some guy's save, he played over 170 hours. I feel bad.

Just bought HeartGold. Good choice? It was used so now I have to delete some guy's save, he played over 170 hours. I feel bad.

If you have a friend, you can trade away the guy's good stuff then come back and get it later if you want when you get the proper badges.

Also pick Totodile <3

Add another vote for Totodile. He's the best out of all the starters for G/S.

Oh and don't get angry about the difficulty jump when you hit Whitney's (Goldenrod gym).

Top Bottom