• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Wiseblade

Leaf Storm Contrarian Serperior will be excellent enough by itself. Giving it an actual movepool will be overkill.

I hate to be the one to say it, but that simply isn't enough. Unboosted Serperior doesn't hit hard at all, and Grass has a whole bunch of resistances so there's a lot of Pokémon who could take the first or even second Leaf Storm on the switch and force Serperior out. Heatran, for example, is having none of it.

Serperior really needs a more diverse movepool for Contrarian to be more than a cool sounding gimmick.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Serperior would be broken because it would have Contrary with Leaf Storm and Draco Meteor, if it were Grass / Dragon.

I hate to be the one to say it, but that simply isn't enough. Unboosted Serperior doesn't hit hard at all, and Grass has a whole bunch of resistances so there's a lot of Pokémon who could take the first or even second Leaf Storm on the switch and force Serperior out. Heatran, for example, is having none of it.

Serperior really needs a more diverse movepool for Contrarian to be more than a cool sounding gimmick.

It'll never see play in a standard metagame because of all the grass resist with Dragon and Steel types everywhere. But in Under Used it could be pretty powerful. Chansey can't put an end to it because of the power build up, and more offensive switch ins like Chandelure who resist Leaf Storm are still 2HKOed by Choice Specs (+0 first turn, +2 next turn). And with Serperior being pretty quick, it will usually be able to pull off a second Leaf Storm against most offensive enemies save Choice Scarf.

And in the end, it can blast holes in Grass resit walls to open up a Venasaur / Roserade / Somethingsomething sweep.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Ack, I forgot about Dialga. Sorry.

If Tropius was grass/dragon, would people use it?

Probably not, he'd be around Altria's tier. Bulky Dragon that doesn't hit as hard as the others, and a secondary typing that doesn't help against Dragon's primary 'counter', Steel.

Gravijah

it's easy to forget about dialga when we have

9hJgY.png

Always thought Giratina was the best legendary from Gen 4. Origin Forme that is. It needed a hug.

Still love Kyogere as the best looking legendary.

Well for me...

1. Articuno
2. Ho'oh (I misspelled that, didn't I?)
3. Kyogere
4. Giratina
5. Kyurem (Not a big fan of the Gen 5 legendaries)

Ultratech

My favorites:

1. Mewtwo/Zapdos
2. Raikou/Lugia
3. Deoxys (Frankly, I don't care much for 3rd Gen Legendaries.)
4. Darkrai
5. Victini (I would list Zekrom, but he didn't seem that useful to me...looks cool though.)

1. Mewtwo/Articuno
2. Suicune
3. Groudon
4. Manaphy
5. Virizion/Reshiram
Looking at the legends again I think they dropped the ball quite a bit design wise after Gen 3 legends (I'm looking at you Gen4! Quantity over quality in full force), even then Gen 3 bunch isn't all that great, I just really like the box legendaries.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Kyurem doesn't get enough love.

Ice dragon is gonna freeze your face off, especially when it gets a new form in Gray.

1. Mew
2. Celebi
3. Jirachi
4. Shaymin
5. Victini

Im clearly all about the cute pokemon.

Honourable mentions to pretty much all the other legendaries with the exception of

Regice, Registeel, Regirock and Regigigas
Azelf, Mesprit, and Uxie
Cresselia and Darkrai
Manaphy and Phione
Heatran
Genesect

The above are UGLY i honestly cannot stand the designs no idea how they passed quality control.

Edit: just seen the above post. Above poster marry me?

MicH

I love Entei and Groudon so much. Oh shoot, Ho-Oh and Lugia are badass as well!

Never had a Deoxys o I never thought much about it.

Busaiku

Gray needs to include a bunch of stuff that lets you get all of the legendaries from previous gens.
Or at least my favorites.

Top Bottom