• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Conquest |OT| Gotta conquer 'em all

Kazerei

Banned
Damn...I'm 8 hours in and at the same point as you. I have a set of "fighter" Warlords and Warriors I march all over the map for almost every fight, and then all my other Warriors doing delegated work or mining, or summoning other Warriors.

I'm spending so much time with each individual nation/warrior...the amount of micromanagement is surprising. Attuning multiple Pokemon to each Warrior's best type and abilities..man.

How many turns are you in? I'm at January Year 3.

May Year 3. I basically just fight one battle each month, purposefully in preparation for the next kingdom(s) to conquer. Everyone else is delegated to training. I feel like I wasted some time
grinding for the Terrera battle, heh, cause they joined along with Illusio.

I haven't done much on the management side though. I've been checking the Warrior and Pokemon stats and stuff ... that's about it. I haven't made any changes and I just leave them stationed wherever. *shrugs*

shaowebb

E1jqg.jpg

I love this banchou. Him and Motochika are gonna be my bros in this war.

Kazerei

Banned
So how do you get the special generals on your team? Also is there anything in general to make sure I know before starting the game?

Serebii has a list of Warlords and how to obtain them. Some join automatically as the story progresses, most join after finishing special post-game episodes or wi-fi downloadable episodes.

Can't really think of anything in particular you should know before you begin. Other than make sure you know your Pokemon types :)

Ribbon

I can't find this game locally anywhere. I see a few other people are having trouble finding it, dangit North Dakota. Have to order it online.

Can't find the game in the South Bay (San Jose, Fremont). I'm honestly surprised that it's selling so well. Oh well, not like I'm in a huge rush to play it or anything :p. Still need to finish up a few games.....although it would be nice to get before going to Disneyland and sitting in line for Radiator Springs for five plus hours >>....

XeroSauce

Can't find the game in the South Bay (San Jose, Fremont). I'm honestly surprised that it's selling so well. Oh well, not like I'm in a huge rush to play it or anything :p. Still need to finish up a few games.....although it would be nice to get before going to Disneyland and sitting in line for Radiator Springs for five plus hours >>....

Are lines seriously that long in Disneyland?

I thought Canada's Wonderland was bad

zroid

Banned
Are lines seriously that long in Disneyland?

I thought Canada's Wonderland was bad

Despite the long lines, the cool thing about the Disney parks IMO is that they actually make the queuing areas kind of interesting to look at. Lots of props, stuff to read, listen to, etc. It keeps you from getting bored out of your mind, as is the case in Canada's Wonderland :/

Do you guys recommend leaving the game in the 3DS's blurry default resolution or shrinking it down? I tried the latter but it makes things a bit TOO small...heh.

EDIT: Actually, I'm just gonna play it on my regular DS. It was missing me anyway.

Serebii has a list of Warlords and how to obtain them. Some join automatically as the story progresses, most join after finishing special post-game episodes or wi-fi downloadable episodes.

Can't really think of anything in particular you should know before you begin. Other than make sure you know your Pokemon types :)

Thanks! And knowing my pokemon types is my biggest weakness :(

XeroSauce

Do you guys recommend leaving the game in the 3DS's blurry default resolution or shrinking it down? I tried the latter but it makes things a bit TOO small...heh.

EDIT: Actually, I'm just gonna play it on my regular DS. It was missing me anyway.

Honestly it looks fine on the 3DS screen stretch. The Pokemon in battle look somewhat strange but the overworld maps looks much more vibrant.

I picked my reserved copy up at Gamestop today :D. If you didn't reserve it, they only had one copy available, which sold right away.

7 hours in. Just captured my 9th Kingdom.

Very satisfied with this game. It's easy enough to understand and play but not "OMGGG SOOO BOREDDDD" easy. I haven't lost any battles..YET, but I've had a few pokemon die.

The maps are small, and sometimes have a gimmick. There may be switches on the map you can step on that cause something to happen..or there may be portals that take you to a different side of the map. Nothing major but it makes you think and makes it so that every map feels different enough.

Sometimes you'll encounter a random trap on the map depending on where you step. If you're stuck in a trap, and it disappears, if you don't move from that spot, the trap will spring out again. I learned that the hard way lol.

Would have been nice to be able to switch pokemon between Warlords. I'm assuming the only way to get rid of a pokemon is when you reach the limit of your Warlord's capacity and you need to make room for new one?

I used 1 password to capture a pokemon but I didn't know which Warlord/Warrior was the best one I should use for that perfect link. So a few people have that pokemon but the link is at 90%. Not a big deal, but of course, I want it at 100%. I think I may just wait till I get all 200 Warlords/Warriors THEN use the other passwords and figure out the best pokemon/character link.

I have 21 pokemon but have seen 46...and I have 15 Warlords/Warriors.

At the moment, my favorite looking Warlord has to be:

Fans of Pokemon and/or SRPG's should definitely check this out.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I've just finished the battle
against Greenleaf kingdom
and was wondering...How important is it to stock up various kingdoms with warriors I've "captured"?

XeroSauce

7 hours in. Just captured my 9th Kingdom.

Very satisfied with this game. It's easy enough to understand and play but not "OMGGG SOOO BOREDDDD" easy. I haven't lost any battles..YET, but I've had a few pokemon die.

The maps are small, and sometimes have a gimmick. There may be switches on the map you can step on that cause something to happen..or there may be portals that take you to a different side of the map. Nothing major but it makes you think and makes it so that every map feels different enough.

Sometimes you'll encounter a random trap on the map depending on where you step. If you're stuck in a trap, and it disappears, if you don't move from that spot, the trap will spring out again. I learned that the hard way lol.

Would have been nice to be able to switch pokemon between Warlords. I'm assuming the only way to get rid of a pokemon is when you reach the limit of your Warlord's capacity and you need to make room for new one?

I used 1 password to capture a pokemon but I didn't know which Warlord/Warrior was the best one I should use for that perfect link. So a few people have that pokemon but the link is at 90%. Not a big deal, but of course, I want it at 100%. I think I may just wait till I get all 200 Warlords/Warriors THEN use the other passwords and figure out the best pokemon/character link.

I have 21 pokemon but have seen 46...and I have 15 Warlords/Warriors.

At the moment, my favorite looking Warlord has to be:

Fans of Pokemon and/or SRPG's should definitely check this out.

My man.

Yea, decided I'll hold back on using passwords until I know which Warlord I want for each one.

Blizzard

Banned
I hadn't heard anything about Spanish language support, but I do not have the game yet.

Someone mentioned a pokemon dying. Do they just "faint" where they can be revived, or do you lose them forever like I've heard Fire Emblem works?

Hey Hispanicguy, does this support spanish language?, should be but I need to make sure before i order it :p

I see what you did there...haha j/k :p

There's no option to change language in the game. You also can't set your 3DS to Spanish in hopes of making the game Spanish lol.

Someone mentioned a pokemon dying. Do they just "faint" where they can be revived, or do you lose them forever like I've heard Fire Emblem works?

They just faint and come back with full health when you finish the battle.

Forkball

How am I supposed to capture wild Pokemon? Is it even possible to do that?

Also this game is fantastic, although it is a bit unbelievable that someone would give up their entire kingdom because they lost a Pokemon battle.

How am I supposed to capture wild Pokemon? Is it even possible to do that?

Yea you can. I'm guessing you aren't too far into the game yet though since you ask.

They'll explain it to you when you reach that point.

But yea, when capturing Pokemon, you go next to the pokemon you want and choose "link". A little minigame comes up and that's how you'll capture. You may have to do this 1 or 2 times to get that pokemon. Pretty easy. You don't need to attack them or anything. Just choose that option.

Different colored medals appear over the pokemon (bronze/silver/gold) which tells you how high of a link you and the specific character you choose will have.

Later on, when you get enough Kingdoms, you'll be able to have someone "search" the area for you in hopes of finding pokemon/characters. That's the "delegate" option. You'll be able to do that in each Kingdom.

I've looked everywhere too. :/ Can't find it. But hey, if you have a 3DS, Disneyland is a great place to streetpass. I usually average about 30 streetpasses a day there. I once got 80 during the 24 hour event they had during Leap Day and I wasn't even there the whole time.

Kazerei

Banned
I've just finished the battle
against Greenleaf kingdom
and was wondering...How important is it to stock up various kingdoms with warriors I've "captured"?

You won't have to worry about enemy kingdoms attacking your territory until much later. By that point you'll have plenty of warriors to station in bordering kingdoms.

Eteric Rice

Local Gamestop ran out as well. They were only able to cover those who pre-ordered.

Seems like demand was underestimated. Gamestop had to turn a few people away.

iamcenok

Went over to BestBuy and luckily they had one copy left, and snatched it up. I stared at the copy for a while thinking if I should get it or not.

Just how easy is the game? And length?
I haven't touched my DSi in ages.. it'd be nice to finally play something.

Blizzard

Banned
Went over to BestBuy and luckily they had one copy left, and snatched it up. I stared at the copy for a while thinking if I should get it or not.

Just how easy is the game? And length?
I haven't touched my DSi in ages.. it'd be nice to finally play something.
Reviews seem to agree the main game is about 10 hours, and there is a bunch of postgame content (30 missions? plus collecting pokemon/warriors I guess) if you're a completionist. And then if everything goes as planned, there are supposed to be like 4 free DLC episodes released down the line.

iamcenok

Reviews seem to agree the main game is about 10 hours, and there are is a bunch of postgame content (30 missions?) if you're a completionist. And then if everything goes as planned, there are supposed to be like 4 free DLC episodes released down the line.

Length sounds good enough. I'll take a chance. Opened.

Eteric Rice

Question.

So once I put in the password, the Pokemon will only appear for a month before they're gone forever? If so, that's lame.

Also, is there a way to switch Pokemon to different Warriors? Or are they stuck with that trainer forever?

Couldn't find this anywhere. Don't want to spend $35 at Gamestop.

Anyone find this in stock at some of the major retail stores? I had no luck.

I may wait until the end of the week and try again.

Kazerei

Banned
Question.

So once I put in the password, the Pokemon will only appear for a month before they're gone forever? If so, that's lame.

Also, is there a way to switch Pokemon to different Warriors? Or are they stuck with that trainer forever?

The passwords only work once, but there are other ways to catch those Pokemon. I've already seen most of them in random battles.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Tip! Ask an employee to check the system at your local Best Buy. They had no copies on the floor, but they had 5 in a box in the back that they went and grabbed for me. Same thing happened when Pokemon Rumble Blast came out a while back.

Esura

Banned
Oh crap, I think I messed up on recruiting Ignis team and I only seem to be able to recruit one person in Greenleef. Hope there is more opportunities to get them.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Oh crap, I think I messed up on recruiting Ignis team and I only seem to be able to recruit one person in Greenleef. Hope there is more opportunities to get them.

Given that there's only one save file, I would like to think that we wouldn't get screwed over on recruiting certain warlords. I just beat Fontaine and got 3 of the 4 warlords - I didn't get the general...But I've not gotten the general on ANY of them yet, soooo...

Esura

Banned
Given that there's only one save file, I would like to think that we wouldn't get screwed over on recruiting certain warlords. I just beat Fontaine and got 3 of the 4 warlords - I didn't get the general...But I've not gotten the general on ANY of them yet, soooo...

I just got three of them too, but I didn't get the general either despite whooping them with my grass power. Hopefully there is some bonus campaigns to get them.

Do time really matters on here? Months been going by for me with no reprecausions at all. Don't mind personally but I don't want to get caught off guard.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I connected to my Wifi via the Wireless Play...There's an event you can DL that enables you to be able to befriend
Motochika & Motonori
. I don't know how it works yet, but I'm going to keep playing and see what happens.

I connected to my Wifi via the Wireless Play...There's an event you can DL that enables you to be able to befriend
Motochika & Motonori
. I don't know how it works yet, but I'm going to keep playing and see what happens.

After downloading it, you just continue on with the story and at some point, they'll automatically join you. No need to do anything else as far as I know.

Blizzard

Banned
Still waiting on Amazon to ship.
Ditto. I'm assuming they got like 10 copies, which are about to ship to the people with Amazon Prime, and then the next batch of 10 copies will be shipped to the ordinary preorder people. =P

I really wonder if this will become a difficult-to-find or valuable game. I can understand Nintendo (or retailers?) thinking it wouldn't sell well at all, but I mean, it's POKEMON, the DS franchise for the ages. Surely people would at least give it a chance, especially since they took the trouble of localizing it.

Top Bottom