• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They may be everywhere for you, but they aren't for all (hell, all i get is Pidgey's and Drowzee's)

Tell me about it. I get Drowzees more than anything else. They're literally the Pidgeys of Zagreb (Croatia). My list once included full screens of Drowzees and Hypnos, so much that they were my main source of EXP :D

IMG_3236_zpstmmm4z6g.png

My future Vaporeon will be beasting!
I'm currently level 18, gonna evolve it once I hit 20.
I'd be out now if not for these server issues :(

So I can't quite finish the CP gauge, its still very slightly incomplete.
When trying to Power Up I'm told I'm too low a level but once I level up the gauge gets bigger.
At what point can you actually fully complete it?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Hope some suit has calculated how much money they're missing out on due to their fucking clown car launch. Really drive that "you fucked up real bad" needle under the nails.

Unprecedented news and social media coverage but servers completely borked throughout, apathy gushing in like Team Mystic's ballsack sweat.

jwhit28

So the Ghastly's came back to my tracker. I tried to ignore it, but then I went outside and just started wandering into the woods in the only direction I didn't try this morning. Well I found them. I had 3 with CP in the low 400's break out of all my balls and run away. I marked the time, longitude and latitude in my phone and wandered back out of the woods to go downtown and farm some pokestops.

tumblr_mxp8foB9C11szzka4o1_250.gif

Jonbo298

Hope some suit has calculated how much money they're missing out on due to their fucking clown car launch. Really drive that "you fucked up real bad" needle under the nails.

Unprecedented news and social media coverage but servers completely borked throughout, apathy gushing in like Team Mystic's ballsack sweat.

I've held off buying any coins until it's stabilized. Tempting to buy lures and upgrade my item bag but I can't give money to Niantic/Nintendo for this while stability is this bad with little to no communication.

My gf is very upset she finally saw a Pikachu in the back garden had an error message flash up and he was gone.

Feel bad for her.

When this is eventually fixed they are gonna have to give out some free stuff, this is almost cruel at this point.

SpartanN92

Banned
Damn this game.

Attacked a yellow team gym that had 7 Pokémon (highest was a 1200 Blastoise)... I had beaten 5/7 and I am still on my 2nd Pokémon. Battling their Slowbro and he just won't die!

He was down to 1pt and literally wouldn't die! I'd keep hitting him and nothing would happen.

Lost the match after it timed out.

Such bs

supergiz

Can anyone give any tips on throwing the curve ball? I've been doing nothing but practicing it since lvl 5 and can't seem to get it down (at lvl 16 now). I must waste 4-5 balls per pokemon trying to get a successful curve ball.

sophora

Can anyone give any tips on throwing the curve ball? I've been doing nothing but practicing it since lvl 5 and can't seem to get it down (at lvl 16 now). I must waste 4-5 balls per pokemon trying to get a successful curve ball.

Tight clockwise circles then doing a 45 degree slashing finger swipe to the right works for me.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick

You really have to angle the throw depending on how much curve you put. Mid distance pokemon are the easiest to hit with the curve, for me.

Zelias

Banned
Was out on another organised Pokehunt in Sheffield earlier. Couldn't log into the game at all for half of it. Nice walk in the lovely weather though, and at least the camaraderie was cool, but all those kms wasted not hatching eggs :(

ChrisW

Went to the coast, TONS of trainers, TONS of lures and Poke stops. Saw a Dragonaire, son caught it, game crashed for me 10 times in a row...today was an upsetting day

Do you think they may not want to invest in many more servers because they don't expect this level of popularity to last, or do they just take a long time to set up? Psyonix handled their server issues for the initial success of Rocket League pretty quick in comparison. Though I'm sure they didn't need as many.

Maximus P

Ok, I'm taking a break for a few days until things get a little better. I've had various stuff happen due to server issues

- Frozen pokeball when i was trying to capture a Squirtle
- A gym that kept kicking me out when I was trying to battle the last pokemon
- An empty gym that wouldn't let me place a pokemon
- Dozens of game freezes that have required a reboot
- 2 Eggs vanished (2km ones so i'm not too bothered)

While i'm here, is there any way to request new pokestops and gyms? Im 1.5 miles from the nearest pokestop and 2 miles from the nearest gym and there are loads of churches, parks and walking trails nearby that would make great locations.

Jonbo298

Thanks! Very useful. Will be practicing this during my 4 hour trek tonight.

You're welcome. I'm still getting the hang of it myself but it's becoming easier with muscle memory. Sometimes you have to curve it shorter or further on the screen depending on the pokemon's distance so usually if I fail the first one, I can almost guarantee it works fine on the second one once I correct for distance.

While i'm here, is there any way to request new pokestops and gyms? Im 1.5 miles from the nearest pokestop and 2 miles from the nearest gym and there are loads of churches, parks and walking trails nearby that would make great locations.

Niantic had a page to request new stops/gyms but last I knew they disabled it due to so many requests (and probably to focus on stability).

olimpia84

I visited a gym yet despite being level 8 so I think I will try that soon. Will probably choose team Instinct (yellow). Last night the downtown area was dominated by team yellow which is surprising since I've heard they have the least amount of people.

Do you think they may not want to invest in many more servers because they don't expect this level of popularity to last, or do they just take a long time to set up? Psyonix handled their server issues for the initial success of Rocket League pretty quick in comparison. Though I'm sure they didn't need as many.

I don't think there's any way to get the number of servers needed to get this rolling smooth;y in a quick manner. It's not like adding 5 servers when realistically they may need several datacenters. How can you prepare for something that broke records. You have to have a setup that goes beyond what the record holders has.

Maximus P

Niantic had a page to request new stops/gyms but last I knew they disabled it due to so many requests (and probably to focus on stability).

Ah, thanks for the fast reply.

I just find it confusing that the game encourages people to get out walking yet most of the pokestops and Gyms are in cities and large towns. There are some beautiful locations near where I live that have had no pokemon love what-so-ever. Lakes,Parks,Old churches and statues near my location don't have anything.

I am in Envy of a friend who lives in a block of flats near the city above 2 pokestops and a Gym. He can literally reach 2 locations by moving from one side of his flat to the other and the Gym he has to cross the road out-side.

PKrockin

Does the footprint thing always show 3 footprints for every Pokemon for anyone else? I haven't seen 1 or 2 footprints on any Pokemon for two days now, even moments before I walk right into a Pokemon.

Complistic

Like i posted earlier, the 3 footprint thing is probably an attempt to reduce server load. I imagine that updating constantly wasn't helping matters.

Pachimari

Servers up again here in Denmark. Anyway at this point I think we can expect them to go up and down all the time. I hope they can iron out the server issues sometime this month.

Astral

I kinda just wanna grind at this point. I just wanna get stronger and worry about catching good Pokemon later. I heard that evolving Pidgeys over and over again with a lucky egg is a good way. I'm only level 11. How long would it take to reach max level?

Wollan

I don't think the paw-tracker is the only thing turned off since Thursday. Also the map on the individual creature profiles.

Pachimari

Still down in Germany :(
Down here now again. Very unstable.

I kinda just wanna grind at this point. I just wanna get stronger and worry about catching good Pokemon later. I heard that evolving Pidgeys over and over again with a lucky egg is a good way. I'm only level 11. How long would it take to reach max level?
It'll probably take weeks. Wasn't it 1 million XP you needed from lvl 39 to 40?

Was out on another organised Pokehunt in Sheffield earlier. Couldn't log into the game at all for half of it. Nice walk in the lovely weather though, and at least the camaraderie was cool, but all those kms wasted not hatching eggs :(

I didn't join on the walk today as I had some other stuff to do and low battery, but yeah, lovely weather for it. I took a video of the scale of the meet as it passed down the Moor, twas quite something. I'd estimate what, 175-200 people were part of it? And more were behind that I didn't get in the video as they were on tother side of the road.

Celegus

My surgery is tomorrow, so hopefully the servers are up and running when I'm able to move again in two weeks and I can play again!
Still gonna check to see what comes in my house though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom