• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel a bit like the game is about to turn a corner for me. Now that I know about the lured hotspots in town, the fun discover-your-neighborhood aspect of the game has dimmed a bit because there's no way you're going to get as many pokemon wandering around potentially empty streets as you are plunking your ass down at a hotspot. Still more pokestops than you'd get being stationary, of course. But whereas before I might've thought about trekking halfway across town just to see what might be there, now I'm more hesitant because I'm worried about what I won't find there versus the known quantity of a hotspot.

Can you only get eggs (that you hatch) from Pokestops?
I'm level 10 and haven't come across any 10k eggs yet.
Are there any higher than 10k?

lt519

I feel a bit like the game is about to turn a corner for me. Now that I know about the lured hotspots in town, the fun discover-your-neighborhood aspect of the game has dimmed a bit because there's no way you're going to get as many pokemon wandering around potentially empty streets as you are plunking your ass down at a hotspot. Still more pokestops than you'd get being stationary, of course. But whereas before I might've thought about trekking halfway across town just to see what might be there, now I'm more hesitant because I'm worried about what I won't find there versus the known quantity of a hotspot.

I'm headed to Chicago this weekend and am excited to see the differences in the cities for Pokemon availability. There are still a lot of very low level basic pokemon I haven't come across in my area.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

As of right now, yes.

They're fairly uncommon. I'm level 20 and only had 2 of them.

Not currently.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hah I bet this is setting new records for breadth of server instability at launch as well as number of people trying to play constantly despite the server instability at launch.

A Charmeleon popped in my nearby but the 3 footprints thing will make him so tough to track plus he might not get caught :( Stay wild for now, Charmeleon.

I'm headed to Chicago this weekend and am excited to see the differences in the cities for Pokemon availability. There are still a lot of very low level basic pokemon I haven't come across in my area.

Oh yeah, that would be pretty neat still (and probably won't stop being neat ever, especially once they release later pokemon gens). Not every day I get to go to a new city, though!

lt519

Hah I bet this is setting new records for breadth of server instability at launch as well as number of people trying to play constantly despite the server instability at launch.

A Charmeleon popped in my nearby but the 3 footprints thing will make him so tough to track plus he might not get caught :( Stay wild for now, Charmeleon.

The sad (or great!) thing is that despite all of the infuriating problems it is having today it still dragged me outside to walk 3k to finish a 10k and 5k egg and I'm considering going out for a 5k walk right now to hatch a few more. Such a nice day out. Normally I'd be sitting inside playing Destiny or something.

thenameDS

Servers are still awful in the UK. Wish they would prioritise servers over launching in different countries.

Currently stacking up on Pidgey's to do a mass evolution with a lucky egg activated.

I found out why I've been unable to see any nearby Pokemon or catch any wild Pokemon despite being level 9 now:

Even though they are jam-packed with pokestops and gyms, military bases do not have wild Pokemon. Understandable, but I had no idea considering all the pokestops and gyms.

cyba89

Servers are frustrating. Can't Log in at all for a few hours and when I was actually ingame everything was buggy the whole day (Nearby list, catching, pokéstops).

Zafir

The sad (or great!) thing is that despite all of the infuriating problems it is having today it still dragged me outside to walk 3k to finish a 10k and 5k egg and I'm considering going out for a 5k walk right now to hatch a few more. Such a nice day out. Normally I'd be sitting inside playing Destiny or something.
I would have managed to finish both my 10k eggs if the server hadn't messed up. I easily walked more than that. Oh well!

It was pretty crazy being in a place with so many pokestops, even though I couldn't take advantage of them. Like you'd probably never run out of balls if you lived somewhere like that. The lures would mean a constant flow of pokemon too.

Dishwalla

Banned
I found out why I've been unable to see any nearby Pokemon or catch any wild Pokemon despite being level 9 now:

Even though they are jam-packed with pokestops and gyms, military bases do not have wild Pokemon. Understandable, but I had no idea considering all the pokestops and gyms.

Yes they do, well Naval Station Norfolk and nearby NSA Hampton Roads do. Don't know what unfortunate base you are stationed/work at.

ash321

Actually, according to the data from the game, you can get more pokemon by put on the incense then start running. Every 200m/1 min running spawn 1 pokemon. So it give you a lots more pokemon then sitting on a pokestop. Also, eggs.

thenameDS

Wait for better server stability man.
I will definitely be waiting before evolving and using my lucky eggs again. Yesterday I had 6 5km eggs on 4.9km so I popped a lucky egg and then the game crashed and refused to launch, but somehow I got lucky and when it did launch my eggs hatched and I received double xp. Not taking that risk again though.

webkatt

Does a longer km on a egg mean it has potential to be more rare?

I got a 10km one and my friends were shocked as they have got 5km max.

Loris146

I will definitely be waiting before evolving and using my lucky eggs again. Yesterday I had 6 5km eggs on 4.9km so I popped a lucky egg and then the game crashed and refused to launch, but somehow I got lucky and when it did launch my eggs hatched and I received double xp. Not taking that risk again though.

How did you do that? Multiple incubators?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'd go with great, I mean in the long view of your life the walking and having gone outside will be the more important part than the contents of your hatched eggs. There are definitely some really strong psychological motivators in play here that I hope devs are taking careful notes about as far as what can used in future projects. Things like
  • When I see something pop up on the nearby list and it instantly makes me want to leave the house
  • Nearing the end of a walk or ride but I still have 1-2k left, "well, I guess I'll just stay out a bit longer"
  • While trying to hatch a 10k egg under the effects of a Lucky Egg, I noticed the timer slip below 10 min when I still had over 2k left. I... started running.
and yeah even without the exercise impulse/benefits, like yesterday was such a nice day out and I most likely wouldn't have spent any of it outside, instead I spent the whole day at the park roaming around and chilling with hundreds of people.

Mung

The best part is when you catch a Pokemon and then it crashes and you don't get the Pokemon but you still lose the pokeballs! I've restarted and confirmed.. Has happened over 10 times now.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The best part is when you catch a Pokemon and then it crashes and you don't get the Pokemon but you still lose the pokeballs! I've restarted and confirmed.. Has happened over 10 times now.
oh yes. many pokeballs lost to the void

Complistic

oh yes. many pokeballs lost to the void

I've a feeling they're going to throw some pokeballs at everyone as compensation once the servers are stable. Maybe only 20 for low levels but scale it up to 50 free ones for level 20+. Something like that.

Still wouldn't be as many as I lost but it'd be a nice gesture.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
the first egg i got was a 10k one, after which i got one 2k and the rest have been 5k. i only hatched the 2k and got a geodude. i bet i get a fucking rattata from the 10k.

and Jolteon

Honestly all the Eeveelutions need to be nerfed, hard.

It makes no sense for Vaporeon to be such an easy evolution and so insanely powerful, where other 100+ candy evo's are super lackluster in comparison, even when fully powered up.

Starter's and guys like Dragonite seem very well balanced for example. They can be anywhere from 1500-2500 and require quite a bit of work and the payoff is nice.

Just my two cents. I love my Vape/Jolt/Flare but they 2x better than any rare mon's I encounter.

Zomba13

Still bad in the UK. Like, if I do manage to connect I might get in, and maybe able to move around and have it track, but I will not be able to access stops or gyms, it'll just load a white circle and not give me stuff or just freezes when trying to check a gym. There is a near constant white pokéball on the top left.

It makes no sense for Vaporeon to be such an easy evolution and so insanely powerful, where other 100+ candy evo's are super lackluster in comparison, even when fully powered up.

Starter's and guys like Dragonite seem very well balanced for example. They can be anywhere from 1500-2500 and require quite a bit of work and the payoff is nice.

Just my two cents. I love my Vape/Jolt/Flare but they 2x better than any rare mon's I encounter.

Easy evolution? Pls. I've walked 40km since getting this game and found two Eevees.

Ferr986

I've only found 3 Evees since starting :(

I've noticed with some rarer and stronger Pokemon that I could flick a Pokeball carefully, slowly, and straight as an arrow, but that shit will always curve.

Chaos17

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/17/weather/extreme-weather-heat-dome/index.html

Niantic should probably add a disclaimer to the loading screen next week for US players about staying hydrated/in cool places. I foresee too many people coming down with heat exhaustion or heat stroke because they want to keep catching pokemon outdoors for extended periods of time.

Some seasonal news/warning will be welcome.
Tomorow it's going to be 39°C and it's going to be a hot week, really bad timing I had to order a new phone to play Pokemon Go -.-'

Easy evolution? Pls. I've walked 40km since getting this game and found two Eevees.

It may not be equivilent for everyone, but at least here, there are hundreds of Eevee's everywhere, ever gym has them, and they are a fast evolution with only 25 candies needed to evolve them. Even if they're somewhat more uncommon, Vaporeon in particular can reach the low 2000's and has insane attack speed, for a 25 candy evolution.

Either nerf the evolution cost to 50/75/100, or reduce their max CP, because if PvP or training becomes a thing, they'll be rampant.

Just IMO.

Jonbo298

I've noticed with some rarer and stronger Pokemon that I could flick a Pokeball carefully, slowly, and straight as an arrow, but that shit will always curve.

I think it's on purpose as a
lame
way to make it more difficult to catch them/use more balls.

Chaos17

I don't know if this is fake or true: http://www.pokecrew.com/
Only for US

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom