• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What am i doing wrong with curveball?

I just watched that video, spun in tight circles, released and it curved and hit pokemon, but time and time again i dont get credit for curveball?

Durden77

What am i doing wrong with curveball?

I just watched that video, spun in tight circles, released and it curved and hit pokemon, but time and time again i dont get credit for curveball?

I think it's a bug. Sometimes I get the bonus when I don't even use it.

Astral

Down here now again. Very unstable.

It'll probably take weeks. Wasn't it 1 million XP you needed from lvl 39 to 40?

Holy shit I thought the max level was 25 or something lol. I wanna at least catch up to my friends who are almost level 20 already.

LETS GO!!!!!

CnlY3QVWEAAw5Ar.jpg

from a 494 evee!!!

I guess that nickname trick really does work!!!

Biske

How do you do it?

Rainer - Vaporeon

Sparky - Jolteon

Pyro - Flareon

Game is frustrating right now. The 3, 2, and 1 nearby feet thing is totally bugged. Everything really is locked out there. Was in a sea of charmander, literally all my nearbys, and all at 3 and none were popping up. Soooo frustrating.

Oreoleo

Like i posted earlier, the 3 footprint thing is probably an attempt to reduce server load. I imagine that updating constantly wasn't helping matters.
It still updates though.. It's WAY harder to track down Pokemon with the glitch but you can still do it by paying attention to the order the Pokemon are listed in the radar. It seems like a visual glitch only, everything under the hood is functioning as normal as far as I can tell.

DigtialT

The radar is borderline useless with this three step bug, hope they fix it soon cause I really have no reason to play atm but I still want to ;-;.

M.J. Doja

Banned
Went down to Marina Del Rey since that's where I've found the most water Pokemon. Santa Monica and Venice have way too many that I commonly see around most of West LA.

Found a good walking path next to the bike path that spawned about 5 squirtles, a slowpoke, and a few other small water Pokemon.

So addicted to looking for new spots to find grass/water Pokemon. Flipping gyms is good xp, but it takes too much time and the excitement is from going around and hatching eggs and catching more pokemon.

Pocks

Rainer - Vaporeon

Sparky - Jolteon

Pryo - Flareon

Game is frustrating right now. The 3, 2, and 1 nearby feet thing is totally bugged. Everything really is locked out there. Was in a sea of charmander, literally all my nearbys, and all at 3 and none were popping up. Soooo frustrating.

Isn't it Pyro not Pryo? I'd hate to see someone mistakenly evolve their Eevee with that nickname :lol

TrueBlue

A radio show discussing this is currently bird on BBC iPlayer. Bonkers.

Is currently what?

Is it still on iPlayer?

EDIT: In regards to player apathy, how bad is it? Anecdotally a lot of people still seem to be enthusiastic about the whole thing.

ymgve

after circling my neighborhood last night and getting a Porygon, Hitmonlee and charmander within 10km. Those leaves are spawn points....pokemon are not there currently but eventually in the next 10-30 minutes there will be something there.

No, there is even a rustling leaf inside my apartment now and I have never had a non-Incense Pokemon in here. I've mapped out possible spawns by running the Pokemon getter script over several hours, and one thing is certain.

Leaves mean nothing at all.

Pilgrimzero

Just spent 2.5 hours at the local park hunting Pokemon.

Gained a ton of items from all the pokestops there, battled for the central gym a couple times. Pokemon spawning like rain thanks to all the lures.

And even met several other players. 9 out of 10 people there were playing.

And yea it may be silly to some but you know what? I never would have gone to the park and walked a good percent of that time, getting sun and socializing if it weren't for this game. It's fun to go to the park now.

I'm getting exercise now. And even the threat of diabetes due to getting a bit heavy couldn't get me to walk for 2 hours. I walk outside for at least 30 min a day now. Lunch time at work I go outside instead of sit at my desk.

This game is great if only because it gets people (like me) outside for a change.

draw4wild

It still updates though.. It's WAY harder to track down Pokemon with the glitch but you can still do it by paying attention to the order the Pokemon are listed in the radar. It seems like a visual glitch only, everything under the hood is functioning as normal as far as I can tell.

It's still a little weird for me. There will be times when the 3 closest Pokemon to me aren't popped, yet the Rattata and Weedle which are number 7 and 8 closest are popped

Starting to wonder if it's worth getting Flareon. Most of my strongest Pokemon are already fire types.

Well I guess I do want to fill out my Pokedex.

Pachimari

Fuck this. I walked around the whole park looking for a Pikachu and I finally found it. It's my first one and I catch it but then the server crashes. Damnit!

Is there a reason why the poke balls just randomly curve sometimes?
Relatively speaking, it seems to do it during high powered Pokemon, at least for me and from what I can most of the others that have had that problem.

If I had to wager a guess, I don't think it's supposed to do that. I think maybe certain ways we're swiping our fingers is just enough to "start" the actual curveball animation on the bottom, because when the ball flies off randomly curving, it definitely has the "sparkle" animation.

Maybe it is, but I just have a feeling it's not supposed to with the way everything in the game is working lmao

Any tips on saving battery on an Xperia Z3?

Does the game need to be the primary app, or can it run in the background and vibrate when you're near a Pokemon?

Intend to play this while jogging, so can't have my eyes on the screen the whole time

mstevens

I don't know about you guys, but the 3 closest Pokemon aren't even correct for me, so the radar is completely useless. Things that are popping up aren't even on the list of 9.

PSFan

I don't know about you guys, but the 3 closest Pokemon aren't even correct for me, so the radar is completely useless. Things that are popping up aren't even on the list of 9.

Yeah, it doesn't seem correct for me either. You may as well just wander around aimlessly and hope a good Pokemon pops. Or use incense or lures.

Pachimari

The radar actually made me find the Pikachu. Though the steps don't work.

Damnit that's a Diglett, Rhyhorn and Pikachu i should have been owning now, and instead I come home with a single Mankey! He'll remind me of all of this.

Sadist

Oh man, lucky; game froze again after I captured a Zubat. Boot it again, did catch it. Good.

These days I'm even happy with a Zubat.

3hnRm.png

Septimius

Despite all the server woes, I had my first day playing Go. My fiancée and I were out for over two hours, met a dozen other people out playing. I thought for sure that the hype was gonna be localized to big countries like always, and I've never encountered something like this. Everyone's just open to talk, and it's really fun. It's so easy to spot people playing it, and an old lady stopped us to ask about how it all worked, since she'd heard about it on the news.

The game froze at catching pokémon probably 30 times, the three paw bug sucks, and we ran into a haunter that just disappeared before we could catch it because of server issues. Hoping to get to level 5 today so I can get a team. There are two gyms within 150m of my house, and the next one is 500m away. Really lucky!

NeonDelta

Servers really annoying me now, every time I capture a new Pokemon servers seem to go done, never go down when I catch pidgeys

Jims

Thanks for everyone in this thread posting the Eevee nicknaming tip. I really wanted a Jolteon because there are a ton of Flying and Water types guarding Gyms around here. It worked perfectly.

My girlfriend got into this game hardcore, so after seeing Ghostbusters last night on a date, she wanted to walk around the outdoor mall to visit the 10 PokeStops there. It was a very surreal sight to behold. Everyone was out with their smartphones wandering around, pointing at where to go next. Saw three ladies in their 40s playing with the app, chitchatting with each other while they did it. Near the fancy sushi restaurants there were two stops nearby, both with active lures, with a ton of people waiting around there.

I hope they add trading soon. She says Jynx spawns all the time near her work and I still haven't seen one yet.

Rush_Khan

When I try to sign in with my PTC it either says "unable to authenticate" or it goes back to the login screen as if nothing happened. People aroind me are able to sign in so I don't think it's a server issue. What's wrong?

When I try to sign in with my PTC it either says "unable to authenticate" or it goes back to the login screen as if nothing happened. People aroind me are able to sign in so I don't think it's a server issue. What's wrong?

it's normal and a server issue. happenes a lot that someone is not able to log in and other are.

Sadist

I'm stacking up on Weedles and Pidgey's.

15 Weedle (170 Candies)

9 Pidgey (122 candies)

And I have two lucky eggs. In a few days there will be mass evolution moehahahaha.

lt519

Game is frustrating today. Server crashing when catching Pokemon, cost me a Porygon and a Koffing. Freezing on trying to battle gyms. Footprint tracker showing all 3s makes it much more difficult. Doesn't help my 10k turned into an Eevee again and my 5k into a Poliwag. Had an excellent throw on a Koffing with a Great Ball and it just froze ):

Odd thing is it seems to work fine in my apartment on Wi-Fi but not on my 4G connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom