• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

AdanVC

Aside from creating their own functional tracker, I don't understand why they don't create their own stats and pokemon management site where players can see their Pokemon's IVs, movesets, etc and easily transfer their Pokemon using tickbox tools.

That'd go along way in creating attachment between players and their collections. But no, we still have to transfer Pokemon painstakingly one by one and rely on 3rd party app/sites to compare/order Pokemon based on IV/stats. Something along the lines of ResidentEvil.Net would have been great. Give people reward/credit for using the site, etc.

You know what I think? I think this game simply needed to spend more time in the oven and should have been released on spring/summer 2017, but this time with all of those proper extra features, plus, trading/battling with friends, because the game has been nothing but an absolute broken mess since day one. But then again, not even Niantic/Pokémon Company thought this game would be a smashing success so it's understandable they decided to launch it as it was back in July and slowly roll out the in-game features, but the insane and unexpected amount of traffic got on the way that Niantic didn't had other option but to give priority to their servers to handle the traffic and all of their original plans of release the in-game features went off to the background for a while. Maybe if it wasn't for that we would had trading/battling with friends right now! Now who knows when those features will come. They can't even launch a proper tracking method on their game, what are the hopes? : /

Memles

Just walked into work to get some things done, and managed to spot and triangulate an Ivysaur on the way, which now means I've got both Venusaur and Charizard set up. I've got a decent Bulbasaur (804 CP, 73%), but I'm sort of (futilely) waiting to see if I happen to catch a higher CP Charmander, but I think I'll probably just break down and evolve the one I have and get two steps closer to 142.

4 candies away from Machamp (buddied up now), which will then make Kabutops and Omastar the sole priorities.

Per the walk, enjoying the expanded selection of Pokemon availability: seeing more exeggcutes, which allowed me to power up my Attacking Exeggcutor a bit more. That said, pushing Eevee to the 5km slot has seemed to have the effect of expanding his existing omnipresence—probably caught eight or so on the walk.

Not to sound lazy but I reeeeeaaaallllyyyy miss the Halloween update. Mostly because of how much less distance you had to walk with your buddy to gain candies. I was able to get at least 2 maybe 3 dratini candies per day now it takes me two days for 1 candy depending on my work.

Joni

Hatched a Magikarp and a Jigglypuff. Catched a couple of random Pokémon like a wild Dratini and a Squirtle.
I'm down to 7 eggs, 9 Ultra Balls, 20 items in total. I'm not going to a PokéStop until I have hatched all my eggs.

jariw

You know what I think? I think this game simply needed to spend more time in the oven and should have been released on spring/summer 2017, but this time with all of those proper extra features, plus, trading/battling with friends, because the game has been nothing but an absolute broken mess since day one. But then again, not even Niantic/Pokémon Company thought this game would be a smashing success so it's understandable they decided to launch it as it was back in July and slowly roll out the in-game features, but the insane and unexpected amount of traffic got on the way that Niantic didn't had other option but to give priority to their servers to handle the traffic and all of their original plans of release the in-game features went off to the background for a while. Maybe if it wasn't for that we would had trading/battling with friends right now! Now who knows when those features will come. They can't even launch a proper tracking method on their game, what are the hopes? : /

With so many people spending so many hours with a game, it's hardly a broken mess.

This is a F2P game for mobile phones. They will drip feed the content, and will continue to do so, even if they have years of content already completed. Big feature updates like battling (which have been promised) will obviously not appear directly after a big events like the Halloween event.

Firemind

Plus I imagine they're not too fond of the lawsuits from people who can prove the previous tracking system led players to their private property.

Sh0k

Anyone knows if Tauros is common in New York? Going to NY for the weekend and Tauros is nowhere to be found in Miami.

Quoting myself from a couple of pages back, but walked around Central Park, NY and I was able to catch a Tauros. Took me a while to follow the shadow in the sightings window. It was in the low level 500, but finally got him :)

Quoting myself from a couple of pages back, but walked around Central Park, NY and I was able to catch a Tauros. Took me a while to follow the shadow in the sightings window. It was in the low level 500, but finally got him :)

congrats, how many do you have in your dex?

I'm having so much trouble getting 2k eggs...it's weird that I have been getting more 10k than 2k...the 10k are never any good either just scyther eevee (old one I guess) onix and the like

Kangaskhan have become a plague.

Walked my Kabuto 8km today, and caught a Pikachu, Machop and Dratini which I need so that's small progress. Dex is on 134.

Joni

Hatched my last 5 KM egg, got a Tangela. Fantastic! Another 400m to hatch my next 2 KM egg, after which I only have 5 left. Only have 1 Ultra Ball left so I better not run into any good Pokémon while trying to empty my egg basket.

Not gonna lie, the maps going down for good is really killing my urge to play the game. I know that its supposed to be about exploring and finding where things spawn, but for people who work a lot and lack the time to really get deep into hunting or flat out can't go all over the place the maps were a godsend. I wish I had the time to really get into walking all over the place trying to find pokemon, or working with others to pinpoint harder to reach nests, but I just don't. Combine that with more rural towns/cities essentially getting shafted hard on nests and rare spawns in general, and it's a pretty big buzzkill.

PaRappa

Time to fess up people.

1. How many mons are in your deck?
2. What level are you at?
3. How invested are you left?

Me:

I'm up to 134 caught
I'm at level 29
I'm pretty much done now.

I have a job etc, it's cold, dark, wintery, Halloween buzzed me up a little but I'm kinda done. Will fire up the game over Christmas but I think I'm destined to die at level 29.i can't see me breaking that.

All in all, spent a bit of cash on the game, had tremendous fun, plenty of value but it's just too grindy and boring now.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Time to fess up people.

1. 136 caught
2. lvl 26
3. For the current gen I still want to get them all. It's getting harder to do that with tracking not working, but as I get closer to 142 I kinda feel the need to pick up the remainder.

I think my investment will end with G1 though. I was never into Pokémon post G1 and I fear this will be the same. Unless the game has gotten extra features that pull me back in once G2 comes around. tbh I think that's still going to be a while. I don't see them launching a new wave of Pokémon in the winter, will probably be spring at the earliest.

jariw

Time to fess up people.

1. I have 141, which has been the case for quite some time now. I don't have Tangela, and I know I need to get eggs from some other pokestops than my usual ones to get that Pokemon.
2. Level 29
3. I'll continue at least until I get the 1,000 km walking medal and all the main gold medals for Pokemon types.

I'm at 133 and level 27. Thanks to the Halloween event I racked up a lot of candies I thought would take ages so I should be able to use the buddy system to get everything now except Snorlax, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan and Aerodactyl. Those 4 feel out of my control so once I get the rest I'll be done with the game, not going to keep playing forever just hatching eggs.

Pokémon GO updated to version 0.45.0 for Android and 1.15.0 for iOS

Trainers,

Pokémon GO is in the process of being updated to version 0.45.0 for Android and 1.15.0 for iOS devices. Below are some release notes and comments from our development team.

You’ll earn bonuses for the first Pokémon catch and PokéStop visit each day. You’ll receive a larger bonus when you do this seven days in a row.

When you defeat the Gym Leader at a rival Gym, there will be a brief period of time where only you will be able to place a Pokémon in the open Gym.

The amount of Prestige a rival Gym loses when you defeat a regular Gym member has increased. The amount of Prestige gained by training at a friendly Gym has been lowered.

Minor text fixes

Some good changes in there

Firemind

When you defeat the Gym Leader at a rival Gym, there will be a brief period of time where only you will be able to place a Pokémon in the open Gym.
:D

The amount of Prestige a rival Gym loses when you defeat a regular Gym member has increased. The amount of Prestige gained by training at a friendly Gym has been lowered.
D:

1. 109
2. Lvl 29
3. I'm an extremely competitive guy by nature so the gym thing is keeping me in. I even joined a group of ppl to hel p take down gyms n such - it's kinda fun. And yea levelling can only be done with mass evolves but I don't find it too bad either ( which I'll prob get po go plus for primarily)

-MB-

1. 140
2. level 31
3. Pretty much played out, only need Omastar and I haven';t seen Omanytes in the wild for ages and never hatched one either. Might check scanners periodically to see if I can spot one, that might get me back in the game a bit to buddy it to get the candy needed for the evolution to Omastar. After that I will likely be done, until gen 2 at the very least.
Will have to see if it can persuade me back into the game.

GulAtiCa

1) 140.
2) lv 28
3) my interest has started to wane, but with Go +, I'm still somewhat interested and can stay active. Once gen 2 hits. I'll be very much interested again.

Also, I like gyms being taken down easier. Not so sure about training gyms.

Dishwalla

Banned
1. 139. Only need Alakazam, Kabutops, and Lapras(not counting the 9 unobtainables).
2. 25
3. Meh. Really just walking around now to get those Abra and Kabuto candies, I'm a ways away from both Alakazam and Kabutops right now. Still hoping to find a Lapras, apparently they pop a lot at the Pagoda but I've been there many many times and have never seen one.

Dynasty

1.106, can be higher since I have a few pokemon ready to be evolved, to there second form but waiting for enough candy to evolve all the way.
2. 24, 10,000 xp away from leveling up.
3. Haloween event got me back in the game, can see myself playing casually for a while but no longer going to go out of my way to play and hatch eggs.

Replicant

1. 142. Well, technically 141 but I can get Machamp now if I want to. I just want to wait until I have an extra good Machoke in case this good IV one I have gives shit movesets Machamp.
2. Level 29
3. It's up and down. More down though. Catching wild pokemon usually results in shit Pokemon 99% of the time. Don't like how the eggs probability now also includes more "Very strong" whereas before it was usually tend to be "Best of the Best". Gym are shite experience.

1. 134. I'm missing a few of the hard ones, like Hitmonchan, Aerodactyl and Chansey, all which are entirely dependent on luck.
2. Level 30.
3. I've never left. This game gets me active. I jog and bike all around the city all the time. I'm here forever.

zulux21

so... learned today that the gyms update prestige as you beat each pokemon.

didn't know this as in the previous system it was best to repeatedly just kill one pokemon.

saw a rare level 9 so went to level it.

I hear a little kid say "daddy someone is battling the gym."

I finish building up the gym to only see the asshat father decided to snipe the spot I was making as it opened up while I was building up as there is no indication on if you reached the next level or not yet :/

I hate people so much.

JavyOO7

Sweet. I guess the first catch stuff is through server side.

vuQOKBx.png

You cannot spin Pokestops at the speed limit now, in a hidden update serverside. You get a "try again later" at 30mph or higher.
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/5bi6w2/it_seems_the_speed_limit_that_applied_to_pokemon/

Goddamn you Niantic. Fuck off. You are really trying your best to push me out of this train and its finally working. This might be my breaking point.

tauke

1. 121 caught although I have around 5-6 evolution waiting to be added to the list.
2. Level 26
3. Casually playing on weekdays while I dedicate a whole day of PokeGo session on either Saturday or Sunday.

Also I'll be damn if it works. When I'm boosting a gym so I can add my Pokemon for my daily 10 coins collection... there will be some jackass who will snipe it and add theirs when they is absolutely no one around other than me.

Not sure if bot activity or someone hiding patiently on the rooftop of the shoplots or inside it waiting to snipe the moment they saw there is activity to boost the gym.

So what I did is to do the very same stuff when I saw a gym starting to go down and prepare to snipe it with my Pidgey CP10. At least I can collect my 10 coins and let them wreck my Pidgey without major damage hehe.

Azole

Neo Member
142 - finished a couple of weeks ago
Off and on now. Only playing with others otherwise, it's off. Still waiting to hatch a snorlax from 10km... Caught a few wild ones but best IV was 46.

maguskain

Time to fess up people.

1. 90
2. 18
3. Still enjoy it. I have two kids so we use it as a good excuse to go for a long walk. With winter coming though, expecting us to limit our time

Takashi

You cannot spin Pokestops at the speed limit now, in a hidden update serverside. You get a "try again later" at 30mph or higher.
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/5bi6w2/it_seems_the_speed_limit_that_applied_to_pokemon/

lol are you fucking serious

This essentially kills the game for me. I was already shafted by living in a rural area but was at least able to hit pokestops when I went into town for class and work. Just as I was starting to actually have a little fun with the game after the Halloween event, now they drop this shit on people.

Top Bottom