• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

ivysaur12

Banned
Dogenzaka said:
I hate that they reused music, though (Blackthorn and something else...Olivine and Violet City...) was it that way in the original GSC? Every town in DPP has a different song, I believe.

Yeah, this bothered me a lot actually. The National Park music is amazing though.

EDIT: Does anyone happen to have an extra Water Stone? I think it's time for the Starmie.

Dogenzaka said:
I hate that they reused music, though (Blackthorn and something else...Olivine and Violet City...) was it that way in the original GSC? Every town in DPP has a different song, I believe.
Yeah it was like that in the original games too. I was hoping they'd do it like Eckruteak and Cianwood (same melody with differences in instrumentation at least) but oh well.

Poyunch

So what's a good nature and moveset for a Dragonite?

nvm: Adamant

edit: And finally after so many soft resets I have a Female Adamant Dragonite. YES!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Did RBY have different music for each town? Cuz I noticed this game has different Celadon (<3) and Cerulean (<3) music, among others (those two stuck out to me the most.)

kzn

Neo Member
Anyone have a Mudkip I could get?

And/or suggestions for a good offensive ground/rock type with which to replace Typhlosion who is worthless?

Echoes

I need help. I just got a Sassy Togepi from a friend with Serene Grace. Can somebody guide me through the EV training? I should be raising his Speed since it's decreasing, right? Whom should I fight for that?

Man, this is really confusing me. I would appreciate any help for raising this monster.

Pappasman

I was finally able to get a growlithe with and adamant nature and the move morning sun. It was the first time i've ever done breeding with specific results in mind.

Echoes said:
I need help. I just got a Sassy Togepi from a friend with Serene Grace. Can somebody guide me through the EV training? I should be raising his Speed since it's decreasing, right? Whom should I fight for that?

Man, this is really confusing me. I would appreciate any help for raising this monster.

I mainly EV Togekiss defensively, Max HP and then Max either Def or Sp.Def depending on who you want to wall more. Or you can just put Equal EV on both defense. There's no point increasing her speed because Thunderwave will solve her speed issues. Then choose Thunderwave/AirSlash/Aura Sphere for her moves. The last move is either Wish or Roost. Pick wish if you want to have a bit of support for your team or Roost if you want an all out annoyer that doesn't want to die.

And I haven't looked out for HGSS's EV hotspots, so I'll just post what I recall.

For HP EV; Wooper(1EV) and Quagsire(2EV) on a certain water patch in Ruins of alphs.
For defense -any area with Geodudes and that area with nothing but Tangela just below Pallet Town.
Forr Special Defense - Any water with Tentacool and Tentacruel(mantine also gives it if you are playing HG)

EDIT: Air Slash and Aura Sphere is a wonderful attack combination. only two pokemon resist it IIRC, Zapdos and Rotom. <3 Togekiss

Echoes

NinjaBoyLao said:
I mainly EV Togekiss defensively, Max HP and then Max either Def or Sp.Def depending on who you want to wall more. Or you can just put Equal EV on both defense. There's no point increasing her speed because Thunderwave will solve her speed issues. Then choose Thunderwave/AirSlash/Aura Sphere for her moves. The last move is either Wish or Roost. Pick wish if you want to have a bit of support for your team or Roost if you want an all out annoyer that doesn't want to die.

And I haven't looked out for HGSS's EV hotspots, so I'll just post what I recall.

For HP EV; Wooper(1EV) and Quagsire(2EV) on a certain water patch in Ruins of alphs.
For defense -any area with Geodudes and that area with nothing but Tangela just below Pallet Town.
Forr Special Defense - Any water with Tentacool and Tentacruel(mantine also gives it if you are playing HG)
That's great, thanks a lot man. What do you recommend? How many EV for each? I'm clueless. I also don't have any of those items that double the EV so that's gonna be one long training.

I only want to EV train this Pokemon now. After the main quest I will start learning everything. But for now, I just want my Togekiss to be ready.

isny

napkin dispenser
kzn said:
Fairly certain I cant get him before doing all of Kanto and I want one for Vermillion.

You can get Larvitar in the Safari Zone, and then evolve him to Tyran. They can also be found in Mt. Silver.

Echoes said:
That's great, thanks a lot man. What do you recommend? How many EV for each? I'm clueless. I also don't have any of those items that double the EV so that's gonna be one long training.

I only want to EV train this Pokemon now. After the main quest I will start learning everything. But for now, I just want my Togekiss to be ready.

smogon suggests this EV spread for a paraflinch Togekiss.
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD

Macho brace(which double your EV gain) can be found on the traded machop somewhere in Goldenrod Dept Store, you'll need a drowzee for the trade though.

So if you have a macho brace attached, you'll need to fight 126 wooper(gives 1 HP EV) or 63 Quagsire(2 HP EV) or any combination of the 2 just don't forget to take note<_<

But if you don't have a macho brace, you'll need to fight 252 Wooper(rofl talk about genocide) or 126 Quagsire.

And to gain 252 Sp.Def, read above but replace Wooper with Tentacool and Quagsire with Tentacruel/Mantine.

After than just fight random Geodudes to gain that remaining 4 Def EV.

Echoes

Perfect! Thanks. Now, one last Q: I battled a Grimer by mistake, and then saved my game. She didnt kill it but I don't think that changes anything. What did she gain, and what should I do? -.-

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
"IT FEELS GREAT ORDERING POKEMON TO COMMIT CRIMES"

Echoes

That's pretty much covers everything I need. Thanks a lot man, really appreciate it.

I missed on Extremespeed Dratini but my friend has a female one. How do I breed it correctly so that I get the move? With a male Dratini or a Ditto?

isny

napkin dispenser
Echoes said:
That's pretty much covers everything I need. Thanks a lot man, really appreciate it.

I missed on Extremespeed Dratini but my friend has a female one. How do I breed it correctly so that I get the move? With a male Dratini or a Ditto?

You need a male with extreme speed to breed. I'm sure someone here can breed one for you.

Axis

kzn said:
Christ Larvitar is an elusive bastard.

i can breed you one...with an everstone i may be able to get jolly nature pretty quickly if you want that

Echoes said:
I would really love an Extremespeed Dratini :( anybody willing to help?

seconded lol

Wiseblade

Sixfortyfive said:
Sabrina just stomped me harder than anyone else so far. Espeon used Calm Mind and just tore through everyone on my team, all of them ~12 levels lower than it. 6-0, GGPO.

RBY champion theme sucks. It's just all over the place and a total mess. One of my least favorite tracks in that game and probably my least favorite champ theme.

I am apparently the only person who feels this way.

If you were talking about the FRLG remix I'd agree wholeheartedly. but the original is pretty solid IMO.

Some of my favourite tracks would have to be the RSE and DPPt rival themes.

kzn said:
Oh, thanks.

Now I need someone to explain how the Safari Zone works :d
Ok here we go:

*1*
When you first get access to the SZ you can choose between different area layouts that look like this for example:

Area 1 | Area 2 | Area 3
Area 4 | Area 5 | Area 6

There are actually 12 areas in total, so you'll have to try different layouts in order to try some of the others. But!

The SF Warden has two challenges for you. Both consist of finding certain pokemon from the SF and show them to him. This unlocks more layouts and the ability to rearrange the areas as you want to (really great thing!!)

*2*
Now this is where it gets complicated. When you beat the Elite 4 and if you have done the two challenges than the Warden will call and tell you about these Decoration Blocks. Blocks come in different themes and if you place the correct blocks in the correct areas you'll lure out pokemon that wouldn't usually appear.

Time Blocks: There are also some even more elusive pokemon in the SF. They require that you let the Area stay in the SF for a certain amount of days(in real life) plus that you place the correct blocks. Take Gible for example: He can be found in the Rocky Beach Area. But it takes 100 days, so you have to make sure never change that area out when rearranging the Zone. In the 100 days that Rocky Beach stays active you can place blocks as you want, searching for other pokemons, but after 100 days you now have the oppertunity to get a Gible if you place 13 Grass Blocks and 17 Rocky Blocks.

That's it... fuck I've used a shitload of time in the Safari Zone!!

kzn

Neo Member
Axis said:
i can breed you one...with an everstone i may be able to get jolly nature pretty quickly if you want that

I got a couple but having a decent nature would be awesome. Jolly or Adamant would be great.

FC is 3395-5770-0855

Axis

kzn said:
I got a couple but having a decent nature would be awesome. Jolly or Adamant would be great.

FC is 3395-5770-0855

give me a few to get the right nature...still takes a lot of steps to hatch the egg even with magmar in the party

Echoes said:
You may not have the EV equipment, but there's also the Pokerus, the virus that will spread among pokemon and double the EV points they take in. I can give you a pokemon with Pokerus and then you can spread it among your pokemon yourself.

Stencil

Can someone tell me what stone makes the second for of Togepi evolve into the last form? Serebii shows some stone but it doesn't say what it is. God I feel so dumb I used to know all this like the back of my hand... Oh, also, where can I get this stone?

Stencil said:
Can someone tell me what stone makes the second for of Togepi evolve into the last form? Serebii shows some stone but it doesn't say what it is. God I feel so dumb I used to know all this like the back of my hand... Oh, also, where can I get this stone?
You need a shiny stone, and you can only get it at the Pokeathlon after beating the Elite 4. I have several though if you need one, just pm me.

Axis

Stencil said:

shiny stone but i'm not sure where you get one at!

Axis

kzn said:

FC is 3395-5770-0855

alright i have jolly/hardy/bold so whichever you want...it's yours!

fc: 1591 6876 4222

kzn

Neo Member
I'd like the Jolly ^_^

[edit] not entirely certain I'm doing this right lol >.> its stuck on seeking participants

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
So, I just made it to the safari zone. What are "blocks"? Like, for instance, to catch houndour, I must place 4 rocky blocks in a certain area, according to serebii. What are those?

Big Ass Ramp said:
So, I just made it to the safari zone. What are "blocks"? Like, for instance, to catch houndour, I must place 4 rocky blocks in a certain area, according to serebii. What are those?
Read post #5437 ^I just wrote a big ass post explaining all the details of the safari zone :lol

Edit: For your instance, you want to have the Savannah area to be active in the Safari Zone, then place at least 4(more wont make a difference though) Forest Blocks. You do so just by pressing A when inside the SF, then a Block menu will pop up, choose a Forest Item and lay 4 of them, go into the grass and search until you catch a Houndour.

Top Bottom