• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
XD I didn't know Rufus from SF4 was in the game as well!

Say, what about the Science Center/Museum in Viridian City? Is it still closed?

upandaway

Regulus Tera said:
I mean like the Dragon Quest remakes, where the monsters have standing still animations and animations for every attack.

Sure it must be hell to do so one-by-one but we finally got sprites for every Pokémon in the field, so maybe with just a little more of effort and time...
You mean like, each Pokemon and each attack for that Pokemon? Don't the 3D iterations do that?

EzLink

Banned
Ondore said:
OK, what the hell is going on during the
Arceus event
? From what I can gather, it looks like he
creates an ENTIRE UNIVERSE AND DESTROYS IT to give you a Dialga, Palkia or Giratina

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtG-y7LFQQ4

Hahaha, that is the most fucking badass thing ever. Holy shit. Though from watching the video I didn't see anything that indicated that he
destroyed the universe, but it definately looksl ike he created a new one just to give you a fucking pokemon :lol :lol :lol

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Sixfortyfive said:
Ahaha, that is the silliest looking thing ever.

All those pictures in the background seem comically out of place.

Well the problem is most of them look like actual photos. They should have gone with something drawn like the intro to SMT: Devil Survivor.

Ondore said:
OK, what the hell is going on during the
Arceus event
? From what I can gather, it looks like he
creates an ENTIRE UNIVERSE AND DESTROYS IT to give you a Dialga, Palkia or Giratina

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtG-y7LFQQ4

Okay, that's the greatest thing ever. It's crazily intense and random in a kinda funny way, especially with the completely out of place photos. Considering that
Arceus can do that, it must be the greatest Pokemon ever.
I mean, can anything top a
god
?

Shiggie

I should have posted this here first.
oc3rmn

Also, this is pretty cool!

Brock gives you a Rhyhorn that knows Thunder Fang if you trade him a Bonsly. Brock: "Hey, (Trainer)! Have you ever seen a Pokemon called Bonsly? It appears you have to hatch it from an egg, so it isn’t seen very often. If you have a Bonsly, will you trade it for my Rhyhorn? Yeah! Let’s trade! Thank you! I really wanted a Bonsly! About the Rhyhorn I gave you. I raised it from an egg, and it knows Thunder Fang. It can even defeat Water-type Pokemon. Take good care of it!"

Pokemon Sprites.
http://i29.tinypic.com/vct1cl.jpg

Trainer Sprites.
http://i28.tinypic.com/8vyow2.png

Shiggie said:

Huh, Misty doesn't look at all like the Misty I know. Actually, after looking at Bulbapedia, Misty in all Gen 2 games (G/S/C, PKMN Stadium 2, and now HG/SS) looks that way. I never knew that.

In particular, I like Sabrina's and Lt. Surge's sprites, for whatever reason.

I just realized something... Despite the fact that I had Pokemon Gold for years, I only played through the whole thing once, because I never erased my file... so I only saw everything in the game once 9 years ago, but I remember all the events in the game for whatever reason. It'll be great to replay HG/SS and see it all again, 10 years later.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
A question for the importers: How much storage space do you get for the PC boxes? Platinum could store 540 Pokemon total, which kind of gets limiting if you want a box full of Dittos, a box full of Synchronize Abras, a couple of boxes of legendaries, a couple of boxes of EV trained Pokemon, a box full of Unowns (not sure what I was thinking when I decided to catch all of those >_>), some utility Pokemon (false swipers, pickup, whatever), and then the remainder of the 493 for Pokedex completion. It's doable on DPPt, but it gets sort of cramped.

Ondore

Same 18 x 30 you get in Platinum. Thankfully, the reward for catching 28 Unown is even lamer this time, so you can free up some space.

Ravidrath

Ondore said:
Same 18 x 30 you get in Platinum. Thankfully, the reward for catching 28 Unown is even lamer this time, so you can free up some space.

Maybe we'll get the update to Pokemon Ranch that includes HG/SS and Platinum support a year from now!

... :\

Ravidrath said:
Maybe we'll get the update to Pokemon Ranch that includes HG/SS and Platinum support a year from now!

... :\
Or Nintendo does the smart thing and releases a Pokemon Box for WiiWare, that lets you hold almost unlimited amounts of Pokemon, and easily transfer them between your games.

Dabookerman said:
Battle speed is definitely faster. Also when you turn off animation, all animations are off, including the 3 second ones the pokemon make when they enter.
Oh my, I think I'm looking forward to this. If only there was a medium option to disable shit like rain and such but keep actual attacks.

You probably still have to click through all that shit though, right?

Ravidrath

Blu_LED said:
Or Nintendo does the smart thing and releases a Pokemon Box for WiiWare, that lets you hold almost unlimited amounts of Pokemon, and easily transfer them between your games.

Would be easier still if it was for DSi!

Picked up Soul Silver, and am enjoying it quite a bit! While I'd played it on the GBC back in the day, I don't really remember much of the game at all.

Just got my custom, Arceus-made Dialga and beat the first gym. Movement and battles both feel zippier, and I love the lock Running Shoes button and the ability to use the stylus and D-pad only.

I'm still playing with the D-Pad/Buttons, though, and am not sure I like that it seems to take a few extra button presses to move Pokemon around if you're not using the stylus, but it's a pretty minor thing, thus far.

vhfive

Ravidrath said:
Would be easier still if it was for DSi!

Picked up Soul Silver, and am enjoying it quite a bit! While I'd played it on the GBC back in the day, I don't really remember much of the game at all.

Just got my custom, Arceus-made Dialga and beat the first gym. Movement and battles both feel zippier, and I love the lock Running Shoes button and the ability to use the stylus and D-pad only.

I'm still playing with the D-Pad/Buttons, though, and am not sure I like that it seems to take a few extra button presses to move Pokemon around if you're not using the stylus, but it's a pretty minor thing, thus far.
i didn't know about this. thats awesome. hate switching back and forth from buttons to stylus in games. do you still have to press a to talk to people. if not how does it work?

DarkWish

vhfive said:
i didn't know about this. thats awesome. hate switching back and forth from buttons to stylus in games. do you still have to press a to talk to people. if not how does it work?
Bottom right of the touch screen is a button that takes the place of the A button, so you could just face a person and then tap that button to talk to them.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Another question: Is item management still terrible? On DPPt, it seemed like 90% of all items were lumped into the first pocket and it took forever to scroll through all of them. On top of that, there wasn't any PC storage for putting away shit you never needed and would otherwise just clutter up the list.

Ondore

They get lumped into the same pockets but they're in a 2x3 grid and there's an arrow on the touchscreen you can use to jump 6 ahead at once.

beje

Banned
Lkr said:
Got it today. about to start my journey :D

I'm still waiting. Regular mail sucks (too cheap-ass to pay for courier). Besides, in Spain it's a 90% sure ticket to have your packet stopped in customs having to pay for an extra fee.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I've pretty much accomplished everything now. The last legend I have to reset for is Mewtwo. Everything else (Ho-Oh, Lugia, ES Dratini) came out really well. I do have the dogs to chase, and the birds.. but I have so many of them already.

In the mean time, I'll learn some BP points in the Frontier for things like Super Fang Sharpedo. :D

Lkr

EvilMario said:
I've pretty much accomplished everything now. The last legend I have to reset for is Mewtwo. Everything else (Ho-Oh, Lugia, ES Dratini) came out really well. I do have the dogs to chase, and the birds.. but I have so many of them already.

In the mean time, I'll learn some BP points in the Frontier for things like Super Fang Sharpedo. :D
how do i get to the elite four? i beat the kimino girls, what do i do after that?

Lkr

EvilMario said:
You have to fight Ho-Oh, or Lugia.. then you'll be able to progress.
i read there was supposed to be some dude outside of the whirl islands, but i don't see anyone. am i missing something.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Lkr said:
i read there was supposed to be some dude outside of the whirl islands, but i don't see anyone. am i missing something.

No, you should just head into the Whirlwind Islands. Take the cave to the north east, if possible. Make your way down until you come to someone INSIDE Whirl Islands, if you show him the key item you received from the girls, he'll let you pass. Continue on and eventually you see Lugia. Use the Psypokes Crystal Walkthrough if you need a hand. Although it covers the older games, it's mostly the same.

Lkr

EvilMario said:
No, you should just head into the Whirlwind Islands. Take the cave to the north east, if possible. Make your way down until you come to someone INSIDE Whirl Islands, if you show him the key item you received from the girls, he'll let you pass. Continue on and eventually you see Lugia. Use the Psypokes Crystal Walkthrough if you need a hand. Although it covers the older games, it's mostly the same.
northeast=top right? and where can i get flash, i don't think i ever picked it up

Ondore

You get Flash (TM 70) from the Sprout Tower, and if you ended up deleting it or can't find the user it's for sale at the Goldenrod Department Store.

EzLink

Banned
I had a dream last night that I dropped my DS into a shark infested ocean... and it had my Platinum and Sapphire version in it. I fuckin dove in and swam past swarms of sharks to try and get that shit. Ran out of air though and all of my pokemon were lost in the depths forever :(

Lulz

Anyway, has a list been compiled yet of all the pokemon that you AREN'T able to obtain between the two games? I want to make sure I have the ones you can't get waiting in a box in my platinum game. SoulSilver will be my first pokemon game ever where I complete the Dex, and I'm excited for that

Lkr

Well I got to Kanto. Took me a bit to figure out the SS Aqua. Now I'm at Surge's gym. Is there any definitive way to solve this puzzle? It always pissed me off.

holy fucking shit...watching some videos of these games i was suddenly hit with an intense wave of nostalgia and this rarely happens, now all i can think about is reliving the old days of going through Jhoto..oh my!

Tarazet

Thinking of importing this to take advantage of the 1.5x experience boost for trades from foreign regions. I imagine if I can figure out what "Potion" and "Poke Ball" are, then I'll be good to go. :)

thaOwner

Diglet said:
I'm pretty excited for this game. I wonder if the walking thing will actually help your pokemon.
I heard it kinda does but man, watching videos of people playing it the old fashion way seem like the way to go though.

Top Bottom