• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

beje

Banned
Is there any place with some kind of guide/handbook/whatever in english? I've figured out the most important but not having played Platinum, I'm having a hard time with the WiFi Club, WiFi Park and some random commands.

And no, I don't own a flashcart to use the menu patches out there (besides, the games crashes very often on those).

WOW,Game freak is looking for guys with experience with 3d modeling :O
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=pt-BR&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://www.gamefreak.co.jp/recruit/designer_car.html&rurl=translate.google.com.br&usg=ALkJrhiVhk0fixpL3zuPWIjWJP-55Jk_Rw

outline_pt01.jpg

Pokemon MMORPG confirmed ?

vhfive

OMG Aero

beje

Banned
vhfive said:
highly doubt an mmorpg but its most likely for the wii game thats been talked about

Well, they can take most of the assets from Battle Revolution if they ask Genius Sonority as the pokemon models were pretty good (though some of them looked like pulled out from Stadium 2 or something)

Also, a question about the story.
I'm stuck after getting the 8th gym badge. I go back to New Bark town trying to Surf east from there but Kotone won't let me.

I've already tried to:
- Go for Lugia but it's not in the underground islands, neither I can go for Ho-Oh as I don't have the special item required.
- Equip the Waterfall HM
- Talk to most of the important characters (mom, professor, etc...)

I still haven't caught Suicune, but it escaped from me like a couple times. Don't know where could it be to try to catch it again (or see him flee for its next location)

I have no idea of japanese so I really don't know what's she asking me for. Halp?

upandaway

OMG Aero said:
Or maybe they are finally going to remodel the Pokemon for the next Wii game instead of just using shinier versions of the N64 models.
Don't be ridiculous. Remember who we're talking about here.
By the way, does Battle Revolution support Platinum/HGSS transfers? Obviously not the new forms, but you know what I mean.

On a differnent note, I still stand by my opinion regarding the music. It doesn't really bother me too much (we do get the GB player soon enough), but the remixed music is still balls. The Slowpoke Well theme is the worst victim.

OMG Aero

upandaway said:
Don't be ridiculous. Remember who we're talking about here.
By the way, does Battle Revolution support Platinum/HGSS transfers? Obviously not the new forms, but you know what I mean.

On a differnent note, I still stand by my opinion regarding the music. It doesn't really bother me too much (we do get the GB player soon enough), but the remixed music is still balls. The Slowpoke Well theme is the worst victim.
Battle Revolution does support Platinum but I'm not sure about HGSS. I would imagine that it is treated just like Platinum where the game thinks it is Diamond or Pearl connecting and disregards any new forms.

Ondore

beje said:
Also, a question about the story.
I'm stuck after getting the 8th gym badge. I go back to New Bark town trying to Surf east from there but Kotone won't let me.

I've already tried to:
- Go for Lugia but it's not in the underground islands, neither I can go for Ho-Oh as I don't have the special item required.
- Equip the Waterfall HM
- Talk to most of the important characters (mom, professor, etc...)

I still haven't caught Suicune, but it escaped from me like a couple times. Don't know where could it be to try to catch it again (or see him flee for its next location)

I have no idea of japanese so I really don't know what's she asking me for. Halp?

You'll want to go back to the
Dance hall in Ecruteak
. Beat the five people there and they'll unlock Lugia for you.

Blackbird| said:
Pokemon MMORPG confirmed ?
More like PBR2 confirmed. The earliest we'll ever see a Pokemon MMO is on a next-gen Wii, and that's only if they include sufficient storage and ditch friend codes.

upandaway

OMG Aero said:
Battle Revolution does support Platinum but I'm not sure about HGSS. I would imagine that it is treated just like Platinum where the game thinks it is Diamond or Pearl connecting and disregards any new forms.
In the scenario that it does, what point would there be to release BR2?
I could think of a million things to add to BR that would justify a new release, but none of them are something I would actually expect to happen.

Oh, wait, false alarm. I forgot these actually cost money for a second there.

rexor0717

I would shit my pants if it was a MMORPG. Even if its a game in the vain of the handhelds, just done nicely on the Wii, I would love that.

OMG Aero

upandaway said:
In the scenario that it does, what point would there be to release BR2?
I could think of a million things to add to BR that would justify a new release, but none of them are something I would actually expect to happen.

Oh, wait, false alarm. I forgot these actually cost money for a second there.
They could try and make Battle Revolution 2 more like Stadium 2 by adding Gym Leader Castle, box storage and maybe some mini games.
Then I might actually buy it.

upandaway

OMG Aero said:
They could try and make Battle Revolution 2 more like Stadium 2 by adding Gym Leader Castle, box storage and maybe some mini games.
Then I might actually buy it.
Yeah, like I said, nothing I expect to happen.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I'd hazard a guess it's just a 3d rpg in the vein of Pokemon XD.

Theres no way in hell it's a main series game because 1. its Pokemon, a predominately handheld series, 2. Its a predominately handheld series during a time when handhelds are king in japan.

You know, whilst I'd like to see a Pokemon Wii game with proper gyms and exploration and stuff, I also think it'd be cool if there were Colosseums in the DS Pokemon games. Not to replace gyms, but to compliment them. So you'd have Gyms, Contest Halls and Colosseums.

The Elite Four matches should be in a Colosseum anyway, such a major event should be a big thing in the Pokeworld. It should have commentary and stuff. As it is, it seems too private.

Where the hell did you find that Maya image? I can't find it anywhere in the link. Are there any more or a bigger version of it?

upandaway

Dabookerman said:
Where the hell did you find that Maya image? I can't find it anywhere in the link. Are there any more or a bigger version of it?
It might just be a model ripped out of BR and imported into Maya. It's pretty easy to do.

upandaway said:
It might just be a model ripped out of BR and imported into Maya. It's pretty easy to do.

Well no. Firstly, the link is from gamefreak.com.

Secondly any models that ripped from games, rarely ever retain their skeleton.. not to my knowledge anyway.

I'm probably wrong though.

Gamefreak doesn't make the console battle games, so people saying it will be PBR2 are just wrong. Maybe they are finally going to do 3D battles on the DS (or DS2), or they are working on a Wii game. Very interesting.

beje

Banned
Blu_LED said:
Gamefreak doesn't make the console battle games, so people saying it will be PBR2 are just wrong. Maybe they are finally going to do 3D battles on the DS (or DS2), or they are working on a Wii game. Very interesting.

I think it could be something like a Pokémon Ranger spinoff or anything like that. Either that or they booted Genius Sonority.

beje said:
I think it could be something like a Pokémon Ranger spinoff or anything like that. Either that or they booted Genius Sonority.
Even if they did boot Genius Sonority, they would never give any of the Pokemon spinoffs to Gamefreak. They don't have the time, and probably don't have the need or want to do it.

Ondore

It's official: The 3rd gen Pokemon games are basically obsolete now that they've found Seviper and Solrock in the Safari Zone.

Also found are Pokemon that you have to wait 110 days for (wut wut) and members of the Beldum family. Which has a catch rate of 3/255. So who's ready to break a DS?

OMG Aero

Ondore said:
Also found are Pokemon that you have to wait 110 days for (wut wut) and members of the Beldum family. Which has a catch rate of 3/255. So who's ready to break a DS?
If I ever want a Beldum I'll just breed the one I got from 3rd gen. It's hard enough catching a wild one when they are swarming with whatever Pokeball you want and being able to weaken it, but catching it in the Safari Zone where it can just run away? That must be impossible.

Ravidrath

I think at that point, you're better off hitting the GTS or trading with a friend.

If you want one, BTW, I've got a few Adamant ones leftover from my Shiny breeding spree.

Ondore

Hell, you can trade a Forretress to Steven Stone to get a Beldum + Dawn Stone.

But you know someone's going to be crazy enough to try and get it out of the Safari Zone.

my copy of Soul Silver came in last week :D
Very exciting.
but i spent ages trying to figure out how to get this guy out of the way after i'd gotten my first badge.
turns out all i had to do was talk to some one in the Mart and get an egg... i still have no idea what either wanted, but after i got that egg he said something and left. So it all worked out in the end... i think

Ondore

They're also giving away a key item from 11/27 - 1/11/10 (the Enigma Crystal) that lets you get the Lati you can't already.

And the end results involves getting a Soul Dew as well.

So all we need is an event Celebi now...

Ravidrath

Figured I'd post this here, as well...

I'm giving out Arceuseseseseses to people who can't get to a Toys R' Us to get their own. If interested, PM me.

For those that may have missed it, this Arceus triggers an event in Heart Gold / Soul Silver that will give you a Level 1 Dialga / Palkia / Giratina of your choice.

I generally don't like using Legendary Pokemon because they start so high level and you get them at the end of the game, but leveling one as you play your game is pretty awesome.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ravidrath said:
Figured I'd post this here, as well...

I'm giving out Arceuseseseseses to people who can't get to a Toys R' Us to get their own. If interested, PM me.

For those that may have missed it, this Arceus triggers an event in Heart Gold / Soul Silver that will give you a Level 1 Dialga / Palkia / Giratina of your choice.

I generally don't like using Legendary Pokemon because they start so high level and you get them at the end of the game, but leveling one as you play your game is pretty awesome.
I grabbed that a few days ago, and snagged a ton of stickers and posters. I even took there Pokemon Mystery Dungeon poster that I don't think was supposed to be given out :lol

Wow

Korea is getting the games on February 4th. o_O That's before the US, seriously wtf?

Korea is like piracy land and they are getting the games before we are?

MidnightScott said:
Wow

Korea is getting the games on February 4th. o_O That's before the US, seriously wtf?

Korea is like piracy land and they are getting the games before we are?

maybe they translated it faster? they are closer to Japan? what does it matter. You get it when you get it. Stop complaining, Ausgaf has to wait even longer - for everything.

Ravidrath

hampig said:
There's still no solid date set for this? Just spring?

I don't know if it's official, but I doubt it's just made-up, either...

Amazon just sent me a notice saying that my preorder, which previously had no release date, now has a release date of March 17th, 2010.

Ravidrath said:
I don't know if it's official, but I doubt it's just made-up, either...

Amazon just sent me a notice saying that my preorder, which previously had no release date, now has a release date of March 17th, 2010.

Don't you mean March 14th? Amazon.com lists it at that date. I was hoping we would get it sooner, next year is packed with games :O

Ravidrath

MidnightScott said:
Don't you mean March 14th? Amazon.com lists it at that date. I was hoping we would get it sooner, next year is packed with games :O

Oh, the 17th is my estimated arrival date - my bad.

Top Bottom