• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Wiseblade

Can anyone think of a good Nickname for a Vaporeon
Spr_4h_134.png
, Weezing
Spr_4h_110.png
, Heatran
Spr_4d_485.png
and Azelf
Spr_4p_482.png
? I can't come up with anything...

Gravijah said:
I think those are the moves you can learn at the move relearner.

Yep. Same goes for Togekiss and many other pokemon; there's no way to learn those moves unless you go to the move relearner and start spending heart scales.

Gravijah

FootNinja said:
For anyone interested, who doesn't already know, two of the unlockable wallpapers have been revealed here http://www.filb.de/games/tools/aikotoba

They seem to be wallpapers and not whole pc boxes, which makes me wonder why there are black spaces in the pc box. When I get an upgraded dex, will those boxes fill out?

Don't forget the Mareep egg! Though I don't know what's so special about it as I haven't gotten it yet.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Echoes said:
You take your Lucario to the Move Tutor to learn them (at the cost of one Heart Scale per move, I believe). Same with Togekiss and many others.
I was kind of thinking that, but the same site doesn't list anything under their "move tutor" tab, so that kind of threw me.

Thanks for the help to all who responded.

Wiseblade said:
Can anyone think of a good Nickname for a Vaporeon, Weezing, Heatran and Azelf? I can't come up with anything...
Azelf - ...Nietzsche?
Vaporeon - Atlanta, Minami, Undine
Heatran - Agni, or maybe Volkan
Weezing - ...ah...maybe Ghoulmagus? nah...

Jokey665

Monroeski said:
I was kind of thinking that, but the same site doesn't list anything under their "move tutor" tab, so that kind of threw me.

Thanks for the help to all who responded.
Well he's technically not a move tutor, he's a move relearner.

Well, I just spent the last two hours playing Voltorb Flip. Fuck me running, that is an addictive game. It's like Minesweeper and Sudoku had a baby made out of heroin. In all that time I only made 1400 coins, though, so, unless I missed the option to simply buy coins with money, it looks like the Ice Beam, Thunderbolt and Flamethrower TMs from those old guys are pretty much permanently out of reach.

Also, has anyone seen Muk's sprite in Soul Silver? He looks like the half-melted T-1000 :lol
89_muk_1_m.png

matrix-cat said:
Well, I just spent the last two hours playing Voltorb Flip. Fuck me running, that is an addictive game. It's like Minesweeper and Sudoku had a baby made out of heroin. In all that time I only made 1400 coins, though, so, unless I missed the option to simply buy coins with money, it looks like the Ice Beam, Thunderbolt and Flamethrower TMs from those old guys are pretty much permanently out of reach.
Well, if you make it to Level 5 or 6, you could be making 700+ coins per game, with selective flipping and a bit of luck. The only thing you do is know when to quit a board (after you've flipped at least the board's level), or when to go for the gold.

Dogenzaka

Banned
Echoes said:
I HATE THE FUCKING PHONE!

EASILY the worst aspect of the game. GODDAMN ANNOYING.

Poketch > Pokegear.

Pokegear has like 4 basic uses......the Poketch had sooooo many useful apps, where the HELL is the step-counting function on the Pokegear?

Such a waste.

Echoes

Funny little story: because Red kicked my ass I thought the best option is to grind the E4. To my surprise, (can't believe I forgot this) they're even MUCH more powerful now. The last 3 kicked my ass, and the E4 in general proved me that Venusaur is nothing but a stinking pile of miserable poop.

I won. What a fantastic challenge.

Echoes

Dogenzaka said:
Screw the E4. I lost on his last Dragonite thanks to Thunder Wave making me Paralyzed when I could have 1HKO'd him.

FFFF
Pre- or post-16 badges?

The latter is devastating, man.

Dogenzaka

Banned
Echoes said:
Pre- or post-16 badges?

The latter is devastating, man.

Pre-16. I just got to the E4 last night xD the only reason I'm winning is because of a nice Breloom that Sixfortyfive gave me some days ago that is now lvl 56.

I just use it to sweep everything until the Champion, and meanwhile attaching Exp. Share to all my weak Pokemon xD

Gravijah

Eteric Rice said:
Woo, I caught a Shiny Ryhorn! :D

-looks at avatar- You bastard. You aren't allowed to catch a shiny version of a Pokemon you like! The Pokegods and their earthly form Pikablu dictate you're only allowed to get a shitty shiny or a shiny you don't like.

Jokey665

Gravijah said:
-looks at avatar- You bastard. You aren't allowed to catch a shiny version of a Pokemon you like! The Pokegods and their earthly form Pikablu dictate you're only allowed to get a shitty shiny or a shiny you don't like.
No joke. My only non-gyarados/pichu 4th-gen shiny is a Bibarel I got in Diamond... Boo!

Also, shiny Rhyperior looks awesome.

Gravijah

Shit. Randomly ran into Latios! Ran away from him because I hadn't saved recently and I don't want to catch him and have him be shitty. :lol

Echoes

My Shiny Diglett is Jolly (I guess), I'm really happy it got a good nature.

So, I didn't beat Red yet but
I got the GB Player (OMG BEST SHIT EVER!!!!). What else can I do? I'm going for Mewtwo now.

Gravijah

Green Scar said:
Ironically, my GAF username originates from a shiny Pokemon. Shiny Skarmory ---> Green Skarmory ----> Green Scar

Anytime I see one of your posts, I link your avatar to a friend of mine for giggles.

Vanille

Gravijah said:
Shit. Randomly ran into Latios! Ran away from him because I hadn't saved recently and I don't want to catch him and have him be shitty. :lol

The runners have fixed natures and IVs.

Gravijah

Vanille said:
The runners have fixed natures and IVs.

I was under the assumption that Lati@s, like Ho-Oh, etc would reset their IVs and nature and re-appear when KOed. Do the roamers not re-appear after you KO them?

Vanille

Eteric Rice said:
My Rhyhorn is sassy. Is this good? >_>

It raises special defense and lowers speed, two stats which mean absolutely nothing to Rhyperior. It could have been worse. >.>

Gravijah said:
I was under the assumption that Lati@s, like Ho-Oh, etc would reset their IVs and nature and re-appear when KOed. Do the roamers not re-appear after you KO them?

Yeah, you can reset their nature/IVs by beating them and re-battling the E4.

Choopy

Neo Member
Ugh, anyone got a spare Elekid (Preferably with Adamant nature) they can give me?
I can't find the guy on this damn pokewalker. It's always stupid magnemite.

Nayishiki

Hex said:
Anyone have a duskstone that they do not need?

I have one FC is 3653 2713 6337.

Choopy said:
Ugh, anyone got a spare Elekid (Preferably with Adamant nature) they can give me?
I can't find the guy on this damn pokewalker. It's always stupid magnemite.

I got one but it's Timid Nature.

Shiggie

hey does anyone have a leaf stone?
I badly want to evolve my exeggcute.

nevermind. i have to go go somewhere later today... maybe later tonight.

Echoes

Could someone please aid me with this, as I have no knowledge of how IVs are calculated and whatnot.

Just caught a Timid
Mewtwo, Lv70
. Stats:

HP 241
Atk 155
Def 149
SpAtk 232
SpDef 149
Spd 206

Good?

Gravijah

Echoes said:
Could someone please aid me with this, as I have no knowledge of how IVs are calculated and whatnot.

Just caught a Timid
Mewtwo, Lv70
. Stats:

HP 241
Atk 155
Def 149
SpAtk 232
SpDef 149
Spd 206

Good?

http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/Calculators/SimpleIV.aspx

Use that tool to calculate IVs, using it we get...

HP: 18 - 19
Att: 20 - 21
Def: 26 - 27
SpA: 17
SpD: 26 - 27
Speed: 2

Timid gives you +speed -attack which is OK, but your speed IV sucks and his SpA is mediocre.

Edit: Note, leave EP blank unless it's a trained Pokemon. Problem is, if it IS a trained Pokemon, you're not going to know what the EPs are unless you've been keeping track, in which case you get to use EV/EP lowering berries. Leave HP Type blank too.

Echoes

Oh, thanks.

Now what are the chances of encountering another Timid, which then should have good IVs -_-

God I hate this.

Vanille

Echoes said:
Oh, thanks.

Now what are the chances of encountering another Timid, which then should have good IVs -_-

God I hate this.

Welcome to Pokemans. :3

But, as mentioned, you can use a Pokemon with the Synchronize ability to get the nature you want. And IVs aren't THAT important. You should just aim for 20 or above in the key stats (HP, special attack, speed).

Gravijah

OMG Aero said:
I don't understand why people want legendaries with good stats and natures. Do you actually use them in battle?

Personally, you can only get them once, so if I'm gonna get one, I want it to be at the peak of its potential.

survivor

Banned
OMG Aero said:
I don't understand why people want legendaries with good stats and natures. Do you actually use them in battle?
I almost never bother with legendaries that much anymore. Most of the ones that I used for WiFi battles were ones that my friend caught. The ones I catch, I just leave them in my PC Box untouched.

I don't play super competitively; just like to battle friends. Sometimes we allow legendaries, sometimes not. It can be fun to throw them into the mix though as long as you make sure the playing field is relatively equal.

Besides that, there's so much to do in these games that it doesn't have to be all about the competitive metagame.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
FootNinja said:
For anyone interested, who doesn't already know, two of the unlockable wallpapers have been revealed here http://www.filb.de/games/tools/aikotoba

They seem to be wallpapers and not whole pc boxes, which makes me wonder why there are black spaces in the pc box. When I get an upgraded dex, will those boxes fill out?

Haha, I love the words for today for my trainer ID.

Mareep Egg:
FIRE
HIM

OBLIVIOUS
HUGE POWER

:lol

FootNinja said:

I wonder if we'll ever get new backgrounds for the Pokegear. The Team Rocket one is the only default one that looks mildly interesting to me.

Vanille

upandaway said:
How the hell am I supposed to get Hitmontop? God damn.

Just keep feeding EVs to the stat which is lower. And remember, you don't HAVE to evolve it at 20. Just cancel the evolution if you don't get what you want.

Top Bottom