• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Echoes said:
Screw haircuts and whatnot. Soothe Bell, first one in your party, and just walk down and up the road of Goldenrod + the route below it for 20-30 minutes at most. Check the happiness and it'll be maxed. Did it myself for my Lv1 Togepi.
Really? I'm on it, thanks man.

Magni

AwesomeSyrup said:
I leveled my Charmander to 20 in like 15 minutes. :lol What level will evolve to Charizard? 25, 26?

36, no?

Hmm, just hatched a 28/23/8/31/31/31 Pichu. I think I can move on to breeding Abras now :lol

Sagitario

I need to finish Mario & Luigi 3 before Soul Silver arrives in the mail, I can't wait to get into Pokémon again [maybe that way I'll finally continue playing Platinum, I only got to the first gym]...

CoolS said:
I actually have a female Dratini :)
PM sent.
Metroid Killer said:
Got 18 different Ditto natures now, gonna be a bitch to get the last two I need...

Though it also means I have a ton of spare Dittos, so I'll give them awayif anybody needs some.
I'd love to get my hands on a couple of dittos. I also promise that the trades will go by much quicker this time.:lol

How bad is it to your Pokemon to level a low level one using Exp Share on say level 40 stuff? I notice when my Pikachi levels in the teens he tends to get a max on 2 on each stats, generally was just 1.

I'm not really looking to do battles online right now, but I don't want a weak ass Pikachu,

nastynate409 said:
How detremental is it to your Pokemon to level a low level one using Exp Share on say level 40 stuff? I notice when my Pikachi levels in the teens he tends to get a max on 2 on each stats, generally was just 1.

I'm not really looking to do battles online right now, but I don't want a weak ass Pikachu,
There is nothing detrimental about it. You can get a pokemon like pikachu to level 40 in half an hour using exp. share on the elite four alone. That doesn't take away from training for your other pokemon if it's only for 30-60 minutes.

The pokemon you use for battling purposes still manage to get half xp as well too.

Sagitario

JosM88 said:
There is nothing detrimental about it. You can get a pokemon like pikachu to level 40 in half an hour using exp. share on the elite four alone. That doesn't take away from training for your other pokemon if it's only for 30-60 minutes.

The pokemon you use for battling purposes still manage to get half xp as well too.

Are the EVs divided in half too?

JosM88 said:

I thought it was something to do with EVs and stuff. I'm still confused on a lot of this stuff, lol.

OMG Aero

nastynate409 said:
How bad is it to your Pokemon to level a low level one using Exp Share on say level 40 stuff? I notice when my Pikachi levels in the teens he tends to get a max on 2 on each stats, generally was just 1.

The reason he is getting lower numbers added to his stats is because you are fighting less Pokemon. Say if experience from a battle with one level 40 Pokemon takes it from level 1 to level 10, if you were training against Pokemon it's own levels then you would be fighting upwards of 15 Pokemon to do it.
Since it is fighting less Pokemon it is gaining less EVs, but this will fix itself as it gets to higher levels.

Echoes

I think I have the best fucking Charizard of all time. I just need someone to tell me how to figure out Hidden Power's type. I know it has something to do with IV or EV but I don't know how exactly. My friend was talking about it yesterday and it seems cool albeit very hard to pull.

Echoes said:
I think I have the best fucking Charizard of all time. I just need someone to tell me how to figure out Hidden Power's type. I know it has something to do with IV or EV but I don't know how exactly. My friend was talking about it yesterday and it seems cool albeit very hard to pull.

Theres a dude somewhere that tells you what your hidden power will do but ill be damned if I can remember where he is

FootNinja said:
Nah, both get full evs.
yea...beaten.
nastynate409 said:
I thought it was something to do with EVs and stuff. I'm still confused on a lot of this stuff, lol.
All pokemon start off by gaining low amounts of points even if you were to use exp. share while battling against level 70 npc's. The one thing that can be affected is EV(Effort value) gains.

I wouldn't worry about that at all with your first pikachu though. I've just finished my training my fifth pokemon for online battling and I'm clocking at 216 hours so far. You will probably want to replace all your pokemon once you see that they have detrimental natures too(A nature that lowers defense and increases speed on a golem would be useless right?).

Here is a list of natures and how they affect your pokemon's performance. You can choose see if your pokemon has a nature that makes sense to you.
http://www.serebii.net/games/natures.shtml
Johnlenham said:
Theres a dude somewhere that tells you what your hidden power will do but ill be damned if I can remember where he is
He's at the battle tower in the battle frontier when you play in platinum. It's called the battle park in diamond and pearl.

Echoes

Not the best Charizard :(

It's Grass. I mean, why would I use a Grass Hidden Power if I have Thunderpunch (with Move Tutor) that hits both Water and Flying?

Well, at least I have a near-perfect-IV shiny Charizard. That's enough.

Wizpig

6376ebecfb3da31de6a5bbb336be56de.png

:lol <3

Saw an advert for this last night on the telly (UK). Had some girl talking about her Chansey, about how it was her favourite 'mon back with GSC on the good ol' GBC. Weird thing about the ad? Showed NOTHING of HG/SS, aside from the boxart. Didn't even mention the Pokewalker.

Weird, but totally awesome in a way.

nli10

3 1/2 hours in & 2 Gym badges. :lol

PokeWalker levelling is great for gamers without much time to play.

Green Scar said:
Saw an advert for this last night on the telly (UK). Had some girl talking about her Chansey, about how it was her favourite 'mon back with GSC on the good ol' GBC. Weird thing about the ad? Showed NOTHING of HG/SS, aside from the boxart. Didn't even mention the Pokewalker.

Weird, but totally awesome in a way.

Yeah - seen a few of those. Chansey is SUCH an odd Pokemon to choose for an advert that only shows the retro graphics - it is the mother Pokemon though so maybe they are appealing to that side.

Delio

Anyone know any solutions to random wifi disconnects? Every battle i have had lately always disconnects after a while. Is it a router problem i can fix or is it just luck when it really works? I'd hate to be in the tourney and for that to happen.

Echoes

Shiny Yanma :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

My fucking 4th shiny in 90 hours :lol :lol :lol

Where's upandaway where are you man oh boy this is insane :lol

nli10 said:
Yeah - seen a few of those. Chansey is SUCH an odd Pokemon to choose for an advert that only shows the retro graphics - it is the mother Pokemon though so maybe they are appealing to that side.

I'm totally expecting an advert saying "Look at my Ursaring, it's so hawt" or "Do you like Chinchou?!?" now. Goodbye Pikachu, your time is up :p

OMG Aero

Echoes said:

No offence Echoes but I hate you.

Delio

Echoes said:

Wow you are having a crap ton of luck haha.

Awesome Echoes :lol

I still remember when I caught my shiny Skarmory on Sapphire, I didn't even notice it was shiny 'til I got back to the PKMN centre :lol

Shiny Roserade is awesome though :D

nli10

Wizpig said:
10 hours and 1 Gym Badge :3

I'm playing casual style and seeing if I can rush tackle the game while blogging (badly) about it. 30 mins a day is my limit (but the gym leader took me 9 mins over today).

I was done with Pokemon for this gen, but the PokeWalker was such an interesting angle (and I have 1.5 million steps on my activity meter) that I had to give it a shot.

I actually ran into a shiny haunter in the ruins after you get Giratina a few weeks ago and I accidentally ran away from it...

Fucking shinies never come to me. I'VE GOT OVER 1000 HOURS COMBINED THROUGHOUT MY POKECAREER THIS IS BULLSHIT!

:(

Magni

Echoes said:

Zero in 1500+ hours >< Hopefully they'll start raining for me in SS..

Echoes said:
Not the best Charizard :(

It's Grass. I mean, why would I use a Grass Hidden Power if I have Thunderpunch (with Move Tutor) that hits both Water and Flying?

Well, at least I have a near-perfect-IV shiny Charizard. That's enough.

Grass is pretty useful against Swampert who laughs at Thunderpunch. Did you RNG that? If not, you're pretty damn lucky. If so, why aren't you going for a Hidden Power that you want?

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I thought it would be pretty tough to beat Krabby for "best Pokemon to have following you around," but Honchkrow is pretty hilarious, too. It looks like he's my pimp. :lol

Echoes

Little Green Yoda said:
Grass is pretty useful against Swampert who laughs at Thunderpunch. Did you RNG that? If not, you're pretty damn lucky. If so, why aren't you going for a Hidden Power that you want?
No, I got it before knowing about RNG. You have a good point though, Swampert is a bitch. So should I keep it? Would be great just for the element of surprise (in which I already killed for the tournament but what the hell).

I'm learning RNG bit by bit but damn it's complicated.

Beat Chuck. Was 2 EZ. Used ninetails' will-o-wisp to cut both his poke's attack in half; making them pretty useless and finished off that bulky tadpole with flaffy's thunder.

Jasmine was a bit of a joke :/. Flamethrower + Feraligatr surf = GGs.

Currently dinking around before the ice gym. I think I'm going to drop ninetails for nidoking. Ninetails is cool, but its mediocre sp. attack and the fact that it only learns flamethrower (I don't have access to energy ball/dark pulse TMs) kinda sucks. Will-o-wisp is really good though.... HMMMMMM.......

I think I found a shiny Banette back when I was playing diamond. I traded it away though. I also had a shiny salamence.

And back in the day I had a shiny steelix on silver.

Finding out about rng abuse in the new games takes away some of the magic tho

upandaway

Echoes said:

Nah it's all cool man, the other day I decided I'll just stop using repels completely until I see a shiny.

You keep doing what you're doing or whatever, I'll be swimming in shinies in no time.

No time.

And I'm gonna send you a PM for every one.

Too bad PMs are limited to 1000.

Magni

upandaway said:
Nah it's all cool man, the other day I decided I'll just stop using repels completely until I see a shiny.

You keep doing what you're doing or whatever, I'll be swimming in shinies in no time.

No time.

And I'm gonna send you a PM for every one.

Too bad PMs are limited to 1000.

I've never used a single Repel. I've grinded a shit ton. I've played over 1500 hours since shinies were introduced in Gen II. And I've never seen a shiny, save for Gyarados :lol Maybe I'll get lucky and one of the Abra eggs I'm breeding will hatch shiny :lol

Shiggie

MagniHarvald said:
I've never used a single Repel. I've grinded a shit ton. I've played over 1500 hours since shinies were introduced in Gen II. And I've never seen a shiny, save for Gyarados :lol Maybe I'll get lucky and one of the Abra eggs I'm breeding will hatch shiny :lol
Do you have a japanese ditto? because the odds will be sliced in half if its from another part of the world.

I never use repel unless I'm going for something specific and don't wanna waste time on battles, but when just traveling around the land, I'll just run away if I don't want to battle.

To sonicspear and Jos, I just sent you a pm, but it's getting late and I'm going to bed, there's always a day tomorrow :D sorry.

Choopy

Neo Member
Anyone got a modest Staryu they can give me?
I don't have much to offer except a couple Adamant Elekids.

And I know its a lot to ask and I don't expect anyone to help me on this one, but would it be possible for someone to give/lend me a few power items to help ease the EV training for my poker mans? I would need Atk/SpAtk/Spe.

I'd appreciate any and all help. :)

thefil

What's a good place to level at level 53, when I've beaten all 16 gyms? The new Elite Four is a little too hard for me, and Mt Silver only gives up 400 XP a Pokemon.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Got my first shiny in HG. Magnemite in the Safari Zone. Magnezone is kinda cool, but the shiny color is lame. Still it's shiny, so yay!

Anyone have a Shiny Stone I could get? I can grind a Water Stone for you or I have a Moon Stone in my inventory I will trade. I really want to evolve my Togetic.

Top Bottom