• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Somnid

OMG Aero said:
Oh man the Yellow Forest is just cruel.
According to Serebii, you need to walk at least 9500 steps to encounter a Fly or Surf Pikachu, and even then you have a 3% chance of seeing them.

This was never clear to me but is it 10,000 steps per day or 10,000 steps per stroll? Even then the chances of getting any specific one would be 1.5% because you can only have one from that group. Also, there's no way to tell which Pikachu you nabbed until you transfer it back? Fuck, that is cruel.

Mr. Sam

notsol337 said:
I caught Lugia at half health while burned with a heavy ball my first try! I think it's the Pokegods apologizing for me using up 30 fast/quick balls now on raikou and still not having him.

Question: can you not just use Mean Look?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Guys seriously, can someone trade with me? :(

Also, I'm having trouble figuring out how to get Lt. Surge's number. He never seems to leave the gym. I've already taken care of Zapdos.

Spirit3

OMG Aero said:
Oh man the Yellow Forest is just cruel.
According to Serebii, you need to walk at least 9500 steps to encounter a Fly or Surf Pikachu, and even then you have a 3% chance of seeing them.

No problem. I do 30,000 steps a day, or per stroll basically, so that should triple my chances meaning 9% baby. I realize it doesn't stack but no problem with reaching the minimum at least. If only I had use for either Fly or Surf Pikachu.

I don't.

Sixfortyfive

Echoes said:
I'm free 645, should I bring 6 trashes with me?

FC 4984 7134 0994
:D Yes. I'm trading a party of 6 from Plat to HG.

Platinum: 2750-6983-3519
HeartGold: 4082-7707-6833

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Sixfortyfive said:
Guys seriously, can someone trade with me? :(

Also, I'm having trouble figuring out how to get Lt. Surge's number. He never seems to leave the gym. I've already taken care of Zapdos.

I could help but I'd have to get a new code for my Platinum and catch 6 garbage Pokemon so you can transfer your stuff. :/

Also the Event is starting? Guess I have to boot up Soul Silver to get the course.

thefil

How do you get the Yellow Forest? Just connect to WiFi or is there a special thing that has to be done in the game?

Sixfortyfive

I'm online now.

thefil said:
How do you get the Yellow Forest? Just connect to WiFi or is there a special thing that has to be done in the game?
It's probably Main Menu -> Mystery Gift -> From Nintendo WFC.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
thefil said:

Main Menu->Mystery Gift->Get from Nintendo Wifi->Wondercard/whatever->Gift downloaded/unlocked!

Simple, really. And it's a mystery (excuse the "pun") why Nintendo doesn't just go this route for ALL events (esp. since it's possible since D/P launch) over the Gamestop route. >:|

Nintendo is so assbackwards, I swear.

Wiseblade

Sixfortyfive said:
Nah. People have broken 2300+ winning streaks on the Tower. It's manageable. The trainers do get gradually tougher up until you get to the 50-win mark though.

Doesn't mean it's not broken. people have hacked wonder guard spiritombs with lock on/ fissure only to encountry teams made up of pokemon with sturdy and foresight. The Frontier definitely tries to counter your team as you get further along.

Sixfortyfive

Thanks. You're free to keep all of these guys I'm sending over.

Wiseblade said:
Doesn't mean it's not broken. people have hacked wonder guard spiritombs with lock on/ fissure only to encountry teams made up of pokemon with sturdy and foresight. The Frontier definitely tries to counter your team as you get further along.
I generally trust Jumpman and Peterko. And I can genuinely say that the only times I've ever lost in the Frontier are when I probably deserved it (barring stupid shit like NPC partners and Hall/Factory luck of the draw). My longest Tower streak, 110+ wins, came to a halt when I was pitted against one of those Ace Trainers in ski suits that specialize in the Ice type. Two of my 3 team members were Ice-weak and the third (Gengar) was a glass cannon. It was inevitable that I'd lose to something like that eventually.

Wizpig

fernoca said:
Argh!! I want one!!
Is the only way through having the special colored Pichu as you main Pokemon?
I can trade you the Shiny Pichu, after that put it as the first and go where Celebi is supposed to be, that small forest with the sanctuary.

I just ask that you trade it back when you are done :p
My friend code: 1291-0654-4027

Echoes

^ Yes I think you can in the Battle Frontier.

Thanks as well 645. I'm free all day whenever you wanna transfer stuff over.

OMG Aero

Sixfortyfive said:
Also, can you not cheat the clock for certain daily events anymore? I'm trying to get Daisy to massage my Pokemon enough so that I can get Gary's phone number from her, but it's not working. I talk to her and she acts like she's already done her massage for the day.
I think as soon as it detects the clock has changed it stops all events for that day. A couple of days ago when it was daylight savings I changed my DS clock by an hour before I had even played Silver that day and when I got into the game it acted as if all my daily events were done, I wasn't able to pick apricorns, enter the lottery or do anything scheduled for that day.

Sixfortyfive

Well, shit. Some people are saying that you actually have to capture Zapdos in order for Surge to show up at the Power Plant. Defeating it won't work... I don't really feel like struggling through the E4 rematch or RNG-ing for Zapdos anytime soon, so I might try to transfer one over from Plat soon to see if that works. Bleh.

Now to see if I can cheat the clock for 5 massages somehow...

OMG Aero said:
I think as soon as it detects the clock has changed it stops all events for that day. A couple of days ago when it was daylight savings I changed my DS clock by an hour before I had even played Silver that day and when I got into the game it acted as if all my daily events were done, I wasn't able to pick apricorns, enter the lottery or do anything scheduled for that day.
It really is bullshit that some of the timed events are so specific in HGSS. I liked having the realtime clock in DPPt without any stupid restrictions on when you can do what. Gamefreak doesn't care about night shift workers.

beje

Banned
Wizpig said:
I can trade you the Shiny Pichu, after that put it as the first and go where Celebi is supposed to be, that small forest with the sanctuary.

I just ask that you trade it back when you are done :p
My friend code: 1291-0654-4027

Can I have it too after you two are done?

BTW, my code in HG: 4512 2935 6534

Echoes

Can anyone breed me a Squirtle? Any nature and no specified egg moves. I want it for a dear friend. (Preferably an egg)

Nayishiki

Echoes said:
Can anyone breed me a Squirtle? Any nature and no specified egg moves. I want it for a dear friend. (Preferably an egg)

After I'm done with a trade I'll do it. My FC is 3653 2713 6337.

EDIT: I have the egg.

You wish! Yellow Forest is the only pokewalker course I've giving up on, it's so frutrating not knowing wether the pikechu is special or not... and time consuming as well. Heck it's far easier to get the %1 Torchic which is technically the rarest pokemon on the pokewalker.

upandaway

Six, do you have 32 BPs you don't need in your Platinum, by chance?

I'm trying to get Will-O-Wisp, and my friend didn't get the National Dex and I'm still at the 5th gym... any chance I send my Houndoom over and you could teach it the move? I figured if there was anyone who had BPs it would be you.

Sixfortyfive

upandaway said:
Six, do you have 32 BPs you don't need in your Platinum, by chance?

I'm trying to get Will-O-Wisp, and my friend didn't get the National Dex and I'm still at the 5th gym... any chance I send my Houndoom over and you could teach it the move? I figured if there was anyone who had BPs it would be you.
Yeah. You just need a quick trade->tradeback?

EDIT: Actually, since it's a TM, I'll just attach the item to a Pokemon and send it over. Just trade me something common and expendable for it.

OMG Aero

Metroid Killer said:
You wish! Yellow Forest is the only pokewalker course I've giving up on, it's so frutrating not knowing wether the pikechu is special or not... and time consuming as well. Heck it's far easier to get the %1 Torchic which is technically the rarest pokemon on the pokewalker.
Well there is one way of telling if the Pikachu is special.
If you get !!! when using the pokeradar then that basically guarantees that it is special.

OMG Aero said:
Well there is one way of telling if the Pikachu is special.
If you get !!! when using the pokeradar then that basically guarantees that it is special.
After wasting 600 watts I decided that !!! didn't exsist at that point in my life ;-)

If you want a Houndoom with will-o-wisp it's pretty easy to breed, jusy need a male vulpix(which learns it at lvl 14)

Echoes

Thanks Nayishiki, much appreciated <3

Oh and 645 I love you for the Catcher and Trapper. Caught Entei and Raikou with little to no effort thanks to you! :D

Now, where to find Suicune, Articuno (his cave?) and Zapdos?

upandaway

Sixfortyfive said:
Yeah. You just need a quick trade->tradeback?

EDIT: Actually, since it's a TM, I'll just attach the item to a Pokemon and send it over. Just trade me something common and expendable for it.
Alright, thanks man. I'll talk to you tomorrow about it then, as I'm dead tired right now. Off to sleep.

And Killer, I want the Houndoom for my single player team so no breed, plus I don't have a Vulpix because I'm playing Platinum. Actually I took a break from HGSS ever since I beat the 7th gym. I want to give my friend's DS back to him as soon as possible.

Delio

I need to get started soft resetting for a decent Articuno and Mewtwo. Luckly i have a good Zapdos sitting in Pearl and a Moltres now in HG.Need to see what nature Mewtwo's go for lol.

Salaadin

AwesomeSyrup said:
So what exactly does this mystery gift thing do? I got it but I'm not sure what to use it for.

The Yellow Forest? It unlocks a new course on the Pokewalker. I assume you have to connect your Pokewalker to the DS now.

Kletian

Lugia, you have 1 HP and are paralyzed, I've gone through 3 Heavy Balls and 8 Ultra Balls. STAY IN THE BALL GODDAMN!

And stop killing my mans while I keep trying.

Hellwithit, I got 3 Masterballs waiting for me on Diamond, I'm using this one.

Gravijah

Kletian said:
Lugia, you have 1 HP and are paralyzed, I've gone through 3 Heavy Balls and 8 Ultra Balls. STAY IN THE BALL GODDAMN!

And stop killing my mans while I keep trying.

Hellwithit, I got 3 Masterballs waiting for me on Diamond, I'm using this one.

That's nothing man! :lol I've used up 100+ balls trying to catch a legendary multiple times.

Anth0ny

Kletian said:

Doing the same thing right now against L.70 Ho oh. Mother fucker has 1 HP and is asleep. Won't. Stay. In. The. Ball.

The worst is when the ball doesn't even shake once :lol

Kletian

I'm impatient, and other than the story-required Legendary I rarely go hunting for Lengendaries to catch since I never use them. So Master Ball does the trick!

Speaking of Master Balls, how often have you guys won one a the daily lottery? I have more than a box full of different traded pokemon now and I still only win Hyper Balls.

I don't need the Master Balls as I never use them for legendaries, but I would still like to win one!

notsol337

marked forever
Mr. Sam said:
Question: can you not just use Mean Look?

Roar is why they keep getting away. Also, I'm out of fastballs now and I'm reduced to throwing ultra balls. I've actually given up for now and started training for the elite four.

upandaway said:
zunor9.jpg

Wow, this brings back very vivid memories :lol

Kyzer

Banned
Because of my Gengar, I was able to catch the 70 Lugia when my team was around 55, and because of that, I was able to catch Mewtwo way earlier than I was supposed to, and because of that, I'm able to grind on the second round E4 already. Too beautiful.

Oh, and to everyone who thinks Venusaur sucks, try a Sleep Powder + Growthx3-5 combo and tell me he sucks. I dare you.

Woo!I now have two Eevees and one more Eevee egg in a box. Plus I have a newly hatched Totodile I think I'm gonna try and trade for a Cyndaquil on GTS.

Unless someone here wants it.

beje

Banned
Managed to steamroll through the Elite 4 with:
- Lvl. 45 Ampharos
- Lvl. 44 Ariados
- Lvl. 44 Typhlosion
- 3 HM slaves under lvl. 33
- A shitload of potions and revives

:D

btw, I'm still looking for someone who can lend me their shiny Pichu for a little while to trigger the event. My FC is some posts above this one.

ryan-ts

SON OF A BITCH

I let my cousin show off my Pokewalker to her friends a couple days ago because she thought it would be funny seeing as we're both in college. So before she leaves to go home for Easter I asked her if she had it. Apparently she lost it running around the track at school and now it's gone forever. My dreams of having a surfing or flying Pikachu have been crushed.

I'm just going to sit here, crying, until the pain goes away. Will it ever stop? Yo, I don't know.

Ice, ice baby

In all seriousness though, I'm kind of upset

Echoes

ryan-ts said:
SON OF A BITCH

I let my cousin show off my Pokewalker to her friends a couple days ago because she thought it would be funny seeing as we're both in college. So before she leaves to go home for Easter I asked her if she had it. Apparently she lost it running around the track at school and now it's gone forever. My dreams of having a surfing or flying Pikachu have been crushed.

I'm just going to sit here, crying, until the pain goes away. Will it ever stop? Yo, I don't know.

Ice, ice baby

In all seriousness though, I'm kind of upset
I have a Surfing Pikachu from the Wii game. If I didn't get one in the walker, I'll give it to you.

joelseph

ryan-ts said:
I let my cousin show off my Pokewalker to her friends a couple days ago because she thought it would be funny seeing as we're both in college. So before she leaves to go home for Easter I asked her if she had it. Apparently she lost it running around the track at school and now it's gone forever.

What? And she is not buying you a new one? Was it "too kiddy" for you to make a stink over? What a waste.

Top Bottom