• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

ryan-ts

joelseph said:
What? And she is not buying you a new one? Was it "too kiddy" for you to make a stink over? What a waste.

Well she is my cousin, I think I can let it slide. It's not like she lost my actual game or anything like that so I wouldn't want her spending $40 just so I can have a Pokewalker again.

Moar pokemon humor please! I love the way most comics show how ridiculous some part of the pokemon world are.

Also beje has the best avatar roation.

mjc

Caught about 10 pikachus...none of them have flying or surf. I'm not gonna try for it anymore, pretty ridiculous that it's only a 3% chance.

deadnoob

When trying to find a surf/flying pikachu, does the pokewalker let you know if you have it? Or do they all have to be transferred to the game everytime?

Hex

Banned
deadnoob said:
When trying to find a surf/flying pikachu, does the pokewalker let you know if you have it? Or do they all have to be transferred to the game everytime?

They all have to be transferred

mCACGj

ryan-ts said:
SON OF A BITCH

I let my cousin show off my Pokewalker to her friends a couple days ago because she thought it would be funny seeing as we're both in college. So before she leaves to go home for Easter I asked her if she had it. Apparently she lost it running around the track at school and now it's gone forever. My dreams of having a surfing or flying Pikachu have been crushed.

I'm just going to sit here, crying, until the pain goes away. Will it ever stop? Yo, I don't know.

Ice, ice baby

In all seriousness though, I'm kind of upset

I'm pretty sure you can buy one from Nintendo for $10. I'd contact them and I'm sure they'll be happy to sell you one, and for 10 measly dollars, it's probably worth it.

Sorry to hear it though, man.

Somnid

BWAHAHAHAHA!

I got Flying Pikachu on the 8th try. Close call too, it had 2 bars left and my Sandshrew was down to its last.

And yes, if you see three exclaimation points you know you got one.

I just got my magmortar up to level 40 which is the point at which I load all of my pokemon with those pokemon vitamins. I was just wondering if this is the the right strategy when you are trying to make the most powerful poke possible?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Metroid Killer said:
Speaking of Master Balls, how often have you guys won one a the daily lottery? I have more than a box full of different traded pokemon now and I still only win Hyper Balls.

I don't need the Master Balls as I never use them for legendaries, but I would still like to win one!
I probably have about 100 unique trainer IDs in my boxes on Platinum. Never won the Master Ball, but I have gotten the 2nd prize once and the 3rd prize (Exp Share) at least a dozen times.

JosM88 said:
I just got my magmortar up to level 40 which is the point at which I load all of my pokemon with those pokemon vitamins. I was just wondering if this is the the right strategy when you are trying to make the most powerful poke possible?
It's best to load them up with vitamins ASAP, and only for the stats that would actually be useful (as in, don't give them the vitamin that boost SpAtk if they don't use any special attacks). Vitamins only work until a Pokemon has 100 EVs in that stat, so if you do a lot of battling with it first then you won't be able to use as many of them.

So does anyone know which of the rematches are double battles? Seems like it'd be the easiest way to get the moves I want with sketch.

edit: nevermind, I figured it out on serebii

upandaway

kiryogi said:
So is Yellow Forest only playable during this month? Or did they mean you only have this month to unlock it?
I think it's safe to assume that it's always playable, thought there's a crazy insane possibility that it isn't?
Nah, it is. Can't be the other way.

Thanks Six for the Will-O-Wisp! Gonna cut some Attack stats like a pro now.

Shiggie

ryan-ts said:
SON OF A BITCH

I let my cousin show off my Pokewalker to her friends a couple days ago because she thought it would be funny seeing as we're both in college. So before she leaves to go home for Easter I asked her if she had it. Apparently she lost it running around the track at school and now it's gone forever. My dreams of having a surfing or flying Pikachu have been crushed.

I'm just going to sit here, crying, until the pain goes away. Will it ever stop? Yo, I don't know.

Ice, ice baby

In all seriousness though, I'm kind of upset

$8.95 From nintendo

Poyunch

beje said:
Are you connecting to a WPA2 encypted access point?
Nope I changed to WEP and manually put in the IP address, subnet mask, and
primary/secondary DNS. The DSi didn't say I put any info wrong either.

edit: Does Mcdonald's require anything to get free wifi (like Starbucks does).

edit: #2 I just walked down to the block and went into a local yogurt shop to see if I could use their wifi since they said they had free wifi but apparently it's locked. I didn't want to ask the clerk because I never visit the shop and I wasn't sure the requirements to use the password (or if it was even compatible with my DSi).

Damn it's just like before when I was smaller and I couldn't trade (because no one in our group of friends had a trade cable) or go to events. :O

Anyone on over the next 15 or 20 minutes? I want some starters and these dudes on GTS aren't cooperating with me. They all want Lv 100 Manaphys.

SS Friend Code:

5027 6895 5684

I have a pair of newly hatched Totodiles up for grabs (I'm not that far into the game, unfortunately).

Nayishiki

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Anyone on over the next 15 or 20 minutes? I want some starters and these dudes on GTS aren't cooperating with me. They all want Lv 100 Manaphys.

SS Friend Code:

5027 6895 5684

I have a pair of newly hatched Totodiles up for grabs (I'm not that far into the game, unfortunately).

What starters do you need? Give me any pokemon I'll give you 6 starters. My Fc is 3653 2713 6337.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
My friend gave me his pokewalker that he didn't plan on using (Mine went through the wash)

Now I just have to wait till this weekend to return home and play on my refurbished ds :D

upandaway

Trojita said:
My friend gave me his pokewalker that he didn't plan on using (Mine went through the wash)
Ouch! You don't know how many times my watch and keys have been through the wash. I wouldn't doubt this is the #1 Pokewalker killer.

fernoca

13 Pikachu's so far...From those; 12 are all Level 10, all female, all with ThunderShock, Growl and Tail Whip.
From those 12, got 1 that just started following me.

Only 1 was male, Level 13..with Flail, Helping hand, Shock Wave and Thunder Wave.

Crazyorloco

I'm trying to get some special pokemon(a legit one) something to be proud of and this flying/surfing pikachu seems like my chance.

I hope Nintendo updates pokemon ranch so I could try to get mew.

P.S. I think I'm addicted to pokemon again. Just like ten years ago... :p

So, I'm torn between going for Ampharos or a Magnetron. I enjoy the steel type due to the large amount of resistances, but I don't have Platinum so I won't be able to get a Magnezone. Given that, do you think it will be best to stick with Ampharos?

upandaway

Trumpet909 said:
So, I'm torn between going for Ampharos or a Magnetron. I enjoy the steel type due to the large amount of resistances, but I don't have Platinum so I won't be able to get a Magnezone. Given that, do you think it will be best to stick with Ampharos?
You can always ask someone from the thread to evolve it for you.

Sixfortyfive said:
It's best to load them up with vitamins ASAP, and only for the stats that would actually be useful (as in, don't give them the vitamin that boost SpAtk if they don't use any special attacks). Vitamins only work until a Pokemon has 100 EVs in that stat, so if you do a lot of battling with it first then you won't be able to use as many of them.
Ahh, I see. I've always started giving them vitamins when they hit level 40 exactly. Does this mean that I haven't fully taken advantage of the vitamin boosts?

I usually up their stats in the areas that I find most important first, but those forty levels gained through battling messes with my poke stat tweaking doesn't it?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Billy: "Hey, how are you? I've heard that Whitney likes to relax on the 6th floor of the Goldenrod Dept Store." *click*

o_O...

JosM88 said:
Ahh, I see. I've always started giving them vitamins when they hit level 40 exactly. Does this mean that I haven't fully taken advantage of the vitamin boosts?

I usually up their stats in the areas that I find most important first, but those forty levels gained through battling messes with my poke stat tweaking doesn't it?
Read the section on EVs. You don't have to be picky over this stuff in the quest, but yeah, once you accumulate so many EVs in a stat, you can only continue increasing that stat through more battles. Vitamins won't work anymore. Conversely, if you pump up a stat as much as you can with vitamins right off the bat, you'll reach the maximum for that stat faster.

um, wtf?

Just played Sinnoh Sound in the Illex forest to find a carnivine for my pokedex, and look what pops out...

A shiny weedle. My first shiny on this game. Awesome. :D

EDIT: A SHINY CARNIVINE NOW. LOL at my luck. :lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Sixfortyfive said:
Billy: "Hey, how are you? I've heard that Whitney likes to relax on the 6th floor of the Goldenrod Dept Store." *click*

o_O...

What? You don't want to relax with Whitney on the sixth floor of the Goldenrod Department Store? ;)

:p

fernoca

One of my favorites days, related to Pokemon games! XD
Not only got the Yellow Forest and 13 Pikachus to go with it.. :p

But after whining and crying :)p) about wanting a Gamestop Pichu...a friend that got it, while waiting for SoulSilver...decided that he's going to trade-in his DS since he's not using it, and turned out..that not only he had the Gamestop Pichu..but also had the Gamestop Jirachi and the Toys R Us Arceus!

Gave all 3 to me, went to trade his DS and games for a few PS3 games...too bad I can only use Jirachi, since the other 2 are level 30 and 100..and I only have the first badge. :lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
fernoca said:
One of my favorites days, related to Pokemon games! XD
Not only got the Yellow Forest and 13 Pikachus to go with it.. :p

But after whining and crying :)p) about wanting a Gamestop Pichu...a friend that got it, while waiting for SoulSilver...decided that he's going to trade-in his DS since he's not using it, and turned out..that not only he had the Gamestop Pichu..but also had the Gamestop Jirachi and the Toys R Us Arceus!

Gave all 3 to me, went to trade his DS and games for a few PS3 games...too bad I can only use Jirachi, since the other 2 are level 30 and 100..and I only have the first badge. :lol

Bull, you can use them. It's just a crapshoot of getting them to obey. I used Pichu on Falkner's level 7 or whatever was above my normal party to cheese that last Pokemon for the badge.

fernoca

Well, yeah..but they are not obeying...will try Arceus soon since he's Lv100.. :lol

EDIT:
Oh, not bad....poor Mareep..was just level 5.. :lol

After encountering about 9 Dittos yesterday in the Safari Zone and having every single one of them run, I said fuck this shit and promptly shut off my DS. Today I spent 2 mins in the route under Goldenrod and caught one easily. :lol

Top Bottom