• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

FSLink

Banned
Galactic Quail said:
um, wtf?

Just played Sinnoh Sound in the Illex forest to find a carnivine for my pokedex, and look what pops out...

A shiny weedle. My first shiny on this game. Awesome. :D

EDIT: A SHINY CARNIVINE NOW. LOL at my luck. :lol

I'd say something like "God I hate you", but I caught a Shiny Shuckle this week so no jealousy from me...:lol

FSLink

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:
Blackthorne Gym is destroying me.

Is there anywhere I can level up for a bit?
Not really. Just level up in the grass south of Blackthorn City or Ice Cave. :/
Turn off battle animations temporarily to speed up the process if you want the grinding to go by faster.

Axis

when you're using the pokewalker...does the pokemon you have in it influence the encounter rate/pokemon encountered in any form?

650 watts later...i have no surfing/flying to show for it!

nvm: flying pikachu get!

upandaway

Axis said:
when you're using the pokewalker...does the pokemon you have in it influence the encounter rate/pokemon encountered in any form?

650 watts later...i have no surfing/flying to show for it!

nvm: flying pikachu get!
Further proof that posting in this thread improves your chances significantly.

fernoca

Hmm..also..did they changed Togepi's starting attacks? I don't remeber mine back then..starting with Extrasensory, but that was around 10 years ago..(the one I just got from the egg had that attack)

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I'm only bothering to try to catch Pikachus with the !! signal, but I got a flying Pikachu on my 4th one. :lol

Other than that, got 5 Flail Pikachus, plus one of the lowest level ones (with the Oran berry) that I only caught because I was out of watts anyway and figured I may as well. I was out of Oran berries at the time, so it actually worked out pretty well.

I've tried to respawn the route four or five times now without getting a Volt Tackle Pikachu from group B, though. Here's hoping the GAF luck will come through for me.

Firestorm

oh fuck me
I saved and turned off my game last night after realizing Sentret only comes out in the morning. Then I completely forgot about it and now it's night again.

EDIT: WAIT! YES IT'S DUSK! I see one! Thank you advanced DS technology that can differentiate between dusk and night instead of making it automatically night at 6PM

Edit2: Keen Eye dammit.

Edit3:
[19:22:15] [Firestorm] wait does sentret nto get pickup until it becomes linoone?
[19:22:24] [+Phiddlesticks] im gonna use pikachu/horsea/smoochum/pineco
[19:22:37] [+Phiddlesticks] sentret becomes furret!!
[19:22:43] [Firestorm] fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
[19:22:47] [Fishin] lol
[19:22:48] [Firestorm] stupid rse pokemon
[19:22:49] [Firestorm] i don't know them
[19:22:52] [Firestorm] i only know the good ones
and thus ends this chapter in my pokemon heart gold playthrough
I guess I need a Zigzagoon.

womp

Anyone have an extra Jirachi handy or that I could borrow and trade back? I want to unlock the Pokewalker course. :D I'm not an expert at this though so have patience. heh.

Thanks.

mCACGj

God damn it, Oak's radio show told me there was a swarm of Steelix at Cliff Cave so I went and spent a half hour looking and listened to Oak again and it was Geodude. How often does this change?

So frustrating.

Fusebox

Banned
PounchEnvy said:
Does anyone want to help out with my DSi? I keep getting the 52100-1 error code. Grr.

Not sure if you've fixed it yet, but set your wireless router to channel 2 and set it to 802.11b instead of b+g

VegaShinra

I never played Silver/Gold on the GB, so this is my first venture into them. Should I expect great things or the same ol' Pokemon stuff?

Blizzard

Banned
Maybe a silly question -- I tried to skim the last couple of pages but didn't see it (or on Serebii). Once you get the course off wi-fi, does it last forever? Or do you only have a few days to catch the pikachus? (is the course up for only a week?)

Teknoman

beje said:
Managed to steamroll through the Elite 4 with:
- Lvl. 45 Ampharos
- Lvl. 44 Ariados
- Lvl. 44 Typhlosion
- 3 HM slaves under lvl. 33
- A shitload of potions and revives

:D

btw, I'm still looking for someone who can lend me their shiny Pichu for a little while to trigger the event. My FC is some posts above this one.

I've got an extra one on my Diamond that I guess I could transfer to Soul Silver and trade you. Dunno if the game lets you have more than one at a time though.

What would you trade for it?

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Got myself both a Surfing and a Flying Pikachu now. Flyer was my 4th, Surfer was my 22nd.

Still haven't seen a Volt Tackle one, though I caught like 15 straight group As on this route so far so I figure it's the one that spawns for group B this round (since the probability for the Volt Tackle Pikachu is like 7% whereas the other group B one is ~30%), so it's just a matter of time.

Too bad it's now time for sleepy so I'll have to get all those steps accrued again tomorrow. :(

Blizzard said:
Maybe a silly question -- I tried to skim the last couple of pages but didn't see it (or on Serebii). Once you get the course off wi-fi, does it last forever? Or do you only have a few days to catch the pikachus? (is the course up for only a week?)

I don't see how they can make it expire. I believe it synchs with your DS clock so you could always mess with the clock if necessary.

The download is available until May 5th according to Serebii.

womp

Monroeski said:
Got myself both a Surfing and a Flying Pikachu now. Flyer was my 4th, Surfer was my 22nd.

Still haven't seen a Volt Tackle one, though I caught like 15 straight group As on this route so far so I figure it's the one that spawns for group B this round (since the probability for the Volt Tackle Pikachu is like 7% whereas the other group B one is ~30%), so it's just a matter of time.

Too bad it's now time for sleepy so I'll have to get all those steps accrued again tomorrow. :(

I caught two Pikachu's so far and funnily enough the first one I snagged has Volt Tackle. :lol

Sixfortyfive said:
Read the section on EVs. You don't have to be picky over this stuff in the quest, but yeah, once you accumulate so many EVs in a stat, you can only continue increasing that stat through more battles. Vitamins won't work anymore. Conversely, if you pump up a stat as much as you can with vitamins right off the bat, you'll reach the maximum for that stat faster.
I had read the op for that thread a while back. Your thread is the main reason why I'm building up a strong pokemon team as we speak(want to try online battling for the first time).

The info on the EVs is now much clearer.

thanks

Animatik

Neo Member
Was able to get 10K+ steps at work today. Just caught regular Pikachus today, but i did get a light ball for breeding volt tackle Pikachus.

Echoes

FSLink said:
I'd say something like "God I hate you", but I caught a Shiny Shuckle this week so no jealousy from me...:lol
Oh my god... Shiny Suckle :(

I will seriously give you anything for that :( are you willing to negotiate this, or should I break in and take you as a hostage?
:(

FSLink

Banned
Firestorm said:
oh fuck me
I saved and turned off my game last night after realizing Sentret only comes out in the morning. Then I completely forgot about it and now it's night again.

EDIT: WAIT! YES IT'S DUSK! I see one! Thank you advanced DS technology that can differentiate between dusk and night instead of making it automatically night at 6PM

Edit2: Keen Eye dammit.

Edit3:
and thus ends this chapter in my pokemon heart gold playthrough
I guess I need a Zigzagoon.
Yeah, earliest time you can get Pickup is from Aipom's from Headbutting trees. Though I personally use Phanpy for Pickup because...well, just look at it! :D
Echoes said:
Oh my god... Shiny Suckle :(

I will seriously give you anything for that :( are you willing to negotiate this, or should I break in and take you as a hostage?
:(
Unfortunately it's my first shiny ever in 4th gen that is not Red Gyarados or gotten through trading, so I'm rather attached to it. :lol Sorry. :(

It's Adamant nature'd, should I just stick with the typical Toxic/Wrap stall set on the Shuckle, or take advantage of the +Atk nature and do a really gimmicky Power Swap set?

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
B-Genius said:
Are there any disadvantages/benefits to cross-breeding with a Ditto?
Anyone?

And also, with the whole DS not liking WEP thing; is the only way around it to use a network with a different type of security or the Wifi adapter?

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
B-Genius said:
Anyone?

And also, with the whole DS not liking WEP thing; is the only way around it to use a network with a different type of security or the Wifi adapter?
No advantages/disadvantages in particular. You cant get certain baby pokemon by breeding with ditto is the only thing that springs to mind.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Anyone have any tips for getting 3 exclamation points in the poke walker? it always find a pokemon too soon, and I never get the 3 !!! pokemon.

Is it random, or is there a method?

beje

Banned
beje said:
btw, I'm still looking for someone who can lend me their shiny Pichu for a little while to trigger the event. My FC is some posts above this one.

Quoting myself. Can anyone help?

Fitz

Kyzer said:
So is it better to train in Mt. Silver then E4 2.0 or what?

Not 100% but I think the Elite 4 is better, I got amounts of exp in the hundreds from Mt Silver, but over 1k from the Elite 4 Pokemon iirc.

Nayishiki

beje said:
I'm done, waiting again in the union room. Thanks!

No problem!Going Online.

NinjaBoyLao said:
Finally caught a surfing Pika and manage to snag a light ball too. This Pokewalker thing is awesome.

After how many tries did you get one?It took me 24 Pikachus to get the surfing one, and I got the flying one in a trade.

upandaway

Man you guys are having some real trouble finding surf/flying Pikachus.

Say I'll try going for one later, is it beyond reach to get a Pikachu that knows both Surf and Fly? And preferably Volt Tackle too. For OCD calming purposes.

Top Bottom