• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Kyzer

Banned
I can't believe we're so close to seeing the first bits of Gen 5! I hope we something new and exciting as promised. HG/SS was the perfect end to an overall great return to form for Pokemon.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Thanks much.

Now to storm the Battle Hall with the greatest Magikarp to have ever lived. You're going down Argenta!
Not really.

mandiller

I'm looking for a surfing Pikachu but none have been showing up. I must have caught dozens of them by now. No three !!! marked ones yet though.

Does anyone have a spare surfing Pikachu they're happy to part with? (probably a long shot)

Sixfortyfive

This guy doesn't have the luxury of being Baton Passed anything. Beaten an Electrike so far, but fallen to both Pikachu and Mareep. Honestly, this would actually be working out okay against these weaker Electric types if it wasn't for Static. That ability is the worst.

El Sloth

Banned
Sixfortyfive said:
This guy doesn't have the luxury of being Baton Passed anything. Beaten an Electrike so far, but fallen to both Pikachu and Mareep. Honestly, this would actually be working out okay against these weaker Electric types if it wasn't for Static. That ability is the worst.

I personally have a love-hate relationship with Flame Body. Fuck. That. Shit.

Sixfortyfive

Goddamn Thunder hitting through Bounce's charge turn!

Beating 10 Electric types in a row is probably impossible.

EDIT: Fucking paralysis!... I'd really like to get at least 2 wins in a row. >_>

upandaway

Sixfortyfive said:
Goddamn Thunder hitting through Bounce's charge turn!

Beating 10 Electric types in a row is probably impossible.

EDIT: Fucking paralysis!... I'd really like to get at least 2 wins in a row. >_>
Do you know if anyone else tried it?

Sixfortyfive

upandaway said:
Do you know if anyone else tried it?
Nobody in the Smogon Battle Frontier thread seems to be stupid enough to try this.

Now my opponents are using a weak first hit and then finishing me off with Thunderbolt, screwing up my Focus Sash / Flail strategy. The AI is smarter than anticipated.

cdyhybrid

Reposting now that I'll be around for a bit:

Anyone have a Jirachi I can borrow to unlock the Pokewalker course? Does it unlock as soon as Jirachi is on my game?

upandaway

Axis said:
does anyone happen to have a rotom to spare or one they could breed?
Yeah I can catch a fresh one now that I started my second Platinum run.
Actually I can catch a second of every legendary now... way too much work though.

I don't have internet and won't have internet until Monday or so, though, so you might as well get an egg from someone.

Same with the Jirachi guy, I could trade in a couple days.

Axis

upandaway said:
Yeah I can catch a fresh one now that I started my second Platinum run.
Actually I can catch a second of every legendary now... way too much work though.

I don't have internet and won't have internet until Monday or so, though, so you might as well get an egg from someone.

Same with the Jirachi guy, I could trade in a couple days.

will take you up on it if i'm unsuccessful until then

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
So after getting tired of asking people to help me transfer pokemon, I went out and bought a ds fat today. I never had one since I skipped straight to lite/sold it and got dsi, so I am really enjoying it.

I transferred the essential items/pokemon and I didn't have to ask anyone help :)

Also picked up a few GBA games because I can play them now.

Axis

parasight said:
Yeah I got one, have like a Leaf Stone or Lucky Egg? If not, it's cool you can still have it.

yeah, i have a leaf stone you can have. fc: 1591 6876 4222

edit: apparently not :(

fernoca

So much happened so..soon and so fast.. :lol
  1. Got my second badge
  2. Got 'Cut'
  3. Got 'Spike-haired Pichu' (thanks to the Gamestop Pichu)
  4. Got 'Rock Smash'
  5. Got 'Giratina' (thanks to the Toys R Us Arceus)
..now back to the game. :D

Delio

Bah pretty much done with Wifi in this beyond trading. Any prolonged battles and my net disconnects the Ds :/So annoying.

Sixfortyfive

Delio said:
Bah pretty much done with Wifi in this beyond trading. Any prolonged battles and my net disconnects the Ds :/So annoying.
Any idea why it's happening? Have you run the error code through the WFC site to see what it is?

Harpuia

Does anyone have a TRU arceus I can borrow? :( I have the Jirachi event and shiny Pichu event that you can use if you never got either. I just want the event, I'll give the Arceus back after the event is completed.

Delio

Sixfortyfive said:
Any idea why it's happening? Have you run the error code through the WFC site to see what it is?

Yeah i have it recommends restarting the router which i have done. I guess i have to keep trying until it stays steady for me.

Sixfortyfive said:
Seems like it would check out.

Sometimes I wish Smogon would specify the methods various moves are learned on each Pokemon movelist. It's frustrating to read a set that looks interesting, only to research how to get it and discover that it uses 3rd gen-only event moves or what have you.

Really now...It's annoying. Luckily my old ruby save had the Snorlax, so I was in luck.

Other than that you could PokeSav...but that's just terrible. :lol

Sixfortyfive

Delio said:
Yeah i have it recommends restarting the router which i have done. I guess i have to keep trying until it stays steady for me.
I dunno. Periodic resets make it sound like the router's lease for the DS is only lasting minutes instead of hours like it should be. I'd poke around in your config page to see if anything looks odd, but I guess it really could be anything.

So i'm spending my evening watching some shit movie on Encore Channel, and trading as many pokemon as I can from my Pearl Game (Which has a completed Pokedex) to My SS game.
It's so long and repetitive going back and forth from the Union Room and catching Magikarps to give to my Pearl Game.

GF should've came up with a better solution to this.

-____-

Delio

Sixfortyfive said:
I dunno. Periodic resets make it sound like the router's lease for the DS is only lasting minutes instead of hours like it should be. I'd poke around in your config page to see if anything looks odd, but I guess it really could be anything.

I'll mess around in settings but i dont know exactly what to look for.

mandiller

vectorman06 said:
Anyone mind helping me transfer my magby egg, tyrouge, gligar from plat to SS?

SS FC: 3309 7060 2895

Plat: 1247 9963 7495

Sure thing. I'll post my FC in just a sec.

*edit* my FC is 0002 5682 7477

I'll register you and meet you in the wifi club.

*double edit* I'm in the wifi club now.

*triple edit* enjoy! :)

Echoes

Have you guys read about the Transform glitch in HGSS? God that is so epic lol.

BTW thanks to everyone who offered to give me Psychic TM. I'm at work now sadly. It just irritates me that I can't get a Psychic TM from the walker. I wasted 300 Watts on nothing (with +12000 steps).

Wiseblade

Echoes said:
Have you guys read about the Transform glitch in HGSS? God that is so epic lol.

BTW thanks to everyone who offered to give me Psychic TM. I'm at work now sadly. It just irritates me that I can't get a Psychic TM from the walker. I wasted 300 Watts on nothing (with +12000 steps).

0.o mind-numbingly broken is more like it. Endavour Shedinja is serious business. fortunately with all the hoops people would have to go through to get near unlimited movesets on anything worthwhile means I'll likely never run into anything using this glitch.

Harpuia

jdogmoney said:
That's nuts. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the transform glitch ABSOLUTELY break everything forever?

someone post a link to this. Pokemon glitches are always awesome. :lol

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Jet Grind Radio! said:
A further complete Pokédex! =O

Well, I'd suggest sticking on the event mons for now, since we aren't sure whether the regular mons are legit or sav'd.

Ookami-kun said:
Well, I'd suggest sticking on the event mons for now, since we aren't sure whether the regular mons are legit or sav'd.
Oh absolutely. This is the first time I'm going to be able to get a complete Pokédex legitimately, so I want to make sure I can.

Top Bottom