• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Does anyone want a Growlithe for a Vulpix?

Minister of the Dog said:
If any one is having trouble getting their event pokémon using the exploit, I'll be more than glad to help. As I don't want to spoil my pokédex, I can only share 10th year anniversary Mews for now. I am against hacking, so it won't be shiny or have all IVs 31 or the like, just the one uploaded to http://www.pkmdb.com/NDS-Japanese-Event-Downloads

Its IVs are 25/8/13/22/12/25, strong nature, it's level 5 and knows pound. Japanese name, obtained as Wi-Fi Gift, Japanese OT, ID 11219.

My FC is 0045 5148 8653, I'll be around so if you are interested, just tell me.
Yes, please! My FC is 0002 5730 8163.

Hey, I'm looking for a Chikorita and a female pikachu. I can offer cyndaquil, totodile (unfortunately the one I was traded had surf and cut on it and I haven't gotten to blackthorn yet to remove them), or any of the gen 1 starters. Can anyone help me out?

FC: 1333 9897 4395

Zod the Bear said:
Hey, I'm looking for a Chikorita and a female pikachu. I can offer cyndaquil, totodile (unfortunately the one I was traded had surf and cut on it and I haven't gotten to blackthorn yet to remove them), or any of the gen 1 starters. Can anyone help me out?

I have a few female Pikachus.

Animatik

Neo Member
Zod the Bear said:

I can help you out with a Chikorita, don't really need anything in return. Ill be on in a min.

FC: 4082 7688 8325

Jet Grind Radio! said:
I have a few female Pikachus.

Need any of the starters I can breed? What else might be useful...beldum, heracross, dratini or kangaskahn?

Animatik said:
I can help you out with a Chikorita, don't really need anything return. Ill be on in a min.

Awesome, thank you.

Zod the Bear said:
Need any of the starters I can breed? What else might be useful...beldum, heracross, dratini or kangaskahn?

Awesome, thank you.
Oh. Dratini or Kangaskhan plz. Mostly Dratini, since I don't want to do the stupid Game Corner.

I totally forgot the benefits of leaving a Pokemon unevolved. Should I evolve my Togetic into Togekiss right away with the shiny stone or level it up some more?

Thanks a lot, Zod. Completing the Pokédex was never so easy. :lol

cosmicblizzard said:
I totally forgot the benefits of leaving a Pokemon unevolved. Should I evolve my Togetic into Togekiss right away or level it up some more?
Look at the movelist. Does Togekiss get any that Togetic doesn't?

darthbob

btkadams said:
im doing my first GTS trade. i put up a lvl 1 cyndaquil seeking a charmander. i hope i get something!

I just traded someone a Cloned Shiny Charmander for a Level 1 Cyndaquil holding a Kings Rock.

Was that yours?

btkadams

darthbob said:
I just traded someone a Cloned Shiny Charmander for a Level 1 Cyndaquil holding a Kings Rock.

Was that yours?
nope :( haha mine was fresh from hatching so it didnt have an item.

but i wouldve loved a shiny charmander damn!

my trainer name is Blake on there if anybody thinks they see me.

btkadams

windfish said:
anyone wants to battle my team? so far i never played online so this will be my first time, be gentle :D

fc: 1634 6721 1612
im not available to battle right now, but do you lose money if you lose a battle online?

Mr. Sam

Er, guys, I just did the whole Dragon's Den thing. Am I not supposed to be gifted a Dratini by one of these old codgers?

windfish

btkadams said:
im not available to battle right now, but do you lose money if you lose a battle online?

I'am pretty sure thats not the case! at least i have never heared of anything like that...

so no one out there with some fightingspirit? I'am so bored right now :/

Mr. Sam

Began training my Dratini:

"Ooh, a Graveller. Well, this won't be much of a--"

GRAVELLER USED SELF DESTRUCT!

"FUUUUUUUUUUUUU--!!"

Echoes

82664137.jpg

And the 2nd box is coming to an end as well. Still no shiny ;_;

Started Heart Gold. My team is just too damn awesome :lol

Chikorita
Beldum
DD Dratini
Morning Sun Growlithe
Phione
Bidoof (HM Slave)

I'm grateful for having a Japanese Gardevoir from my import Emerald version before I lost the cartridge. Gonna try to get a Shiny Ralts from the Masuda method, with the end goal being a female Shiny Gardevoir in my party (
zomg rei
). Any recommendations for any roles it should work out in my party?

Thanks JADS for the arceus <3

Will the masuda method work having a foreign ditto???

I mean to have every shiny pokemon?????

JADS

Zmart said:
Thanks JADS for the arceus <3

Will the masuda method work having a foreign ditto???

I mean to have every shiny pokemon?????

No problem mate, thanks for the Electivire.

Edit: Using the trick with the Pyton script posted earlier in this thread, I am willing to clone a few TRU Arceus. If anyone is interested in one sent me a PM.

OK, my Emerald cartridge has got to be fucking with me. After hour upon hour I just hatched a Timid Staryu with IVs of 29/0/30-31/15/30-31/30-31.

I am so tempted to just give up and go with it, but I know how much I'd regret it. I'm planning a Life Orb Starmie, and I know those 16 SpA points I'm missing on will cost me a battle some day. I've cycled it back through into the Daycare, for all the good it'll do me since I have to use a crappily IVed Ditto as the mother to make sure they come out Timid. My only consolation is knowing this would have taken ten times longer if they were all hatching at Level 1.

Nayishiki

nastynate409 said:
I have a Vulpix if you still need one.

Could anyone get me a Squirtle and a Bulbasaur?

If you still need them I have Squirtle and Bulbasaur. Your Fc is still in my pal pad so tell me when you can get online.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
JakeK812 said:
Quick question - how does the player community feel about using legal but non-legitimate Pokemon? Both in the 3rd generation games and in Diamond what eventually killed the fun for me and made me stop playing was the dull monotony of breeding for IVs and EV training. The fun for me after beating the game is making a good competitive team, but with IVs and EVs in the game I just can't stand to to it. I really want to learn how to manufacture Pokemon so I can get around this but I won't if people will consider it cheating.
I honestly don't care whether people hack or not as long as the end result is 100% possible to obtain without hacking. I might be in the minority though. I just figure that there will always be a couple of guys out there who are hacking anyway but won't say anything about it and know enough about the game to make their hacks undetectable.

What makes me hesitant is that you occasionally get people who genuinely think that their hacks are legal but have overlooked some details, like having legendaries with all 31s without knowing that there are a lot of nature/IV combinations that are just not naturally occurring in the wild.

I do have an AR myself, but the only thing I've used it for in months has been cloning stuff to hand out to others, which I could accomplish via the Diamond/Pearl GTS glitch anyway.

ps: EV training is really not so bad when you have all of the useful items for it. Also, consider using Shoddy Battle if the grind is too much for you.

btkadams

ugh nobody's traded a charmander for my cyndaquil i put up. how long does it usually take? i thought it was a fair trade haha maybe im wrong. it knows flamethrower though and is lvl 1. i thought the flamethrower would be a dece bargain. should i be seeking a starter that isn't fire? i just wanted to start trying to get all the starters, i have all the hg/ss ones but no others.

btkadams said:
ugh nobody's traded a charmander for my cyndaquil i put up. how long does it usually take? i thought it was a fair trade haha maybe im wrong. it knows flamethrower though and is lvl 1. i thought the flamethrower would be a dece bargain.
I just got a Charmander, if you want I can breed it and give ya the egg.

btkadams

Jet Grind Radio! said:
I just got a Charmander, if you want I can breed it and give ya the egg.
thatd be awesome! i would most appreciate it. did you want any of the hg/ss starters in return? i can breed again and give you an egg as well.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
I really wish the underground was back in this game. Made it so ridiculously easy to get heart scales and stones. I used to play that for hours on end :lol

btkadams said:
thatd be awesome! i would most appreciate it. did you want any of the hg/ss starters in return? i can breed again and give you an egg as well.
Nah. I got all of the HG/SS starters, if you have a Squirtle or Bulbasaur that would be awesome. Otherwise, any SS exclusives would do just fine.

...or a Porygon.

btkadams

Jet Grind Radio! said:
Nah. I got all of the HG/SS starters, if you have a Squirtle or Bulbasaur that would be awesome. Otherwise, any SS exclusives would do just fine.

...or a Porygon.
hmm, i dont have any other starters. ill check the list of ss exclusives right now and see if i have any.

and no porygon either :(

EDIT: did you want teddiursa? or its evolution ursaring?

EDIT2: im gonna head to gts and change my cyndaquil to seeking a dif starter right now, just in case we trade.

btkadams said:
hmm, i dont have any other starters. ill check the list of ss exclusives right now and see if i have any.

and no porygon either :(

EDIT: did you want teddiursa? or its evolution ursaring?
Teddiursa would be good. Oh! Do you have a Magmar w/ Flame Body? If not, I could hatch the egg for you.

My FC is 0002 5730 8163.

Salaadin

Is Mt Silver basically the best place to lvl up before Elite 4 part 2? My pokemon are level 54-55 and Im reading that the E4 are in the 60s and 70s. I think thatd be suicide so I guess I have some grinding to do :(

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Salaadin said:
Is Mt Silver basically the best place to lvl up before Elite 4 part 2? My pokemon are level 54-55 and Im reading that the E4 are in the 60s and 70s. I think thatd be suicide so I guess I have some grinding to do :(
Gym leader rematches. Wild Pokemon are a waste of time.

Once you're at a high enough level to beat the first E4 guy consistently, just level up on the E4 itself.

btkadams

Jet Grind Radio! said:
Teddiursa would be good. Oh! Do you have a Magmar w/ Flame Body? If not, I could hatch the egg for you.

My FC is 0002 5730 8163.
nope i dont have magmar w/flame body actually.

my fc is 1935 3013 9422

WAIT i just see now that i have a magby with flame body. so nvm ill hatch it.

beje

Banned
Sixfortyfive said:
I just figure that there will always be a couple of guys out there who are hacking anyway but won't say anything about it and know enough about the game to make their hacks undetectable.

That's why I hate any kind of competitive Pokémon regardless of tiers and rules. Why bother at all when any tard with half a brain can pokesav a perfect and legit team in less than 5 minutes and start steamrolling everyone?

Top Bottom