• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Magni

Gravijah said:
Please don't ask passing children if they'd like to get inside your car and check out your Pokemon. :lol

Heck, ask them if they want to play with your Wii while you're at it :lol

DarkWish

I'm going in an hour or so. GameStop is right across the street from me, although it's been snowing and I don't know how much it has snowed. I guess I'll attempt going in the snow for this special Pichu.

Magni

Gravijah said:
How long is this going to last? I've got Pokemon DPP, and extra copies of DP sitting around...

No idea, but if you could pick up one for me as well :D

Is this Pichu thing ever gonna cross the pond? How about Jirachi, still unavailable outside of Japan, right?

Gravijah

MagniHarvald said:
No idea, but if you could pick up one for me as well :D

Is this Pichu thing ever gonna cross the pond? How about Jirachi, still unavailable outside of Japan, right?

There's no promise I'll be able to get to GameStop, which is why I asked how long it'd be going on... But if I head out there, yep.

Lkr

upandaway said:
Anyone with two carts feeling so nice that he'll grab one for me too? :(
if this is in regards to a pichu, i'll get you one if i go there in the next few days(unless someone gets it for you first)

upandaway

Serebii says it ends on Feb 14th, it's basically just a shiny Pichu that unlocks something in HGSS.

Edit: You guys are awesome. Anyone feeling particularly awesome could send me a PM or something, thanks.

Magni

Anarchistry said:
Preordered HG, SS, AND bought myself a Dsi today. My wallet am cry

Are you getting both games for yourself? You're not gonna have much time for anything else :lol
Also, why are you getting a DSi now? Or do you not have a DS yet? I'll probably get a DSi along with Gen V's third game.

Gravijah

Anarchistry said:
Preordered HG, SS, AND bought myself a Dsi today. My wallet am cry

I'll only be able to afford Soul Silver at the moment. 8( Kinda makes me sad since I usually pick them both up.

Magni

Gravijah said:
I'll only be able to afford Soul Silver at the moment. 8( Kinda makes me sad since I usually pick them both up.

To all you people who buy both games, how do you do it? Do you play them both at the same time? Do one first and the second afterwards? Do you try completely different teams for the two games? Do you just use one for "serious" playing and the other to farm/trade version exclusives?

Seems weird to me to buy what is almost the same game twice.. Then again I had two copies of Silver (one I got at a present for Christmas 2000, the other I found on the ground at my bus stop. The first copy was my main copy (250 pokedex, tons of 100s w/o any RCs), and the second was my farm/goof-off copy that I could start over as often as I'd like (multiple save files for Gen V please Game Freak!)

Gravijah

MagniHarvald said:
To all you people who buy both games, how do you do it? Do you play them both at the same time? Do one first and the second afterwards? Do you try completely different teams for the two games? Do you just use one for "serious" playing and the other to farm/trade version exclusives?

Seems weird to me to buy what is almost the same game twice.. Then again I had two copies of Silver (one I got at a present for Christmas 2000, the other I found on the ground at my bus stop. The first copy was my main copy (250 pokedex, tons of 100s w/o any RCs), and the second was my farm/goof-off copy that I could start over as often as I'd like (multiple save files for Gen V please Game Freak!)

I usually pick one of the two games to be my "main" game, this is where I put most of my time in (trying to collect every single Pokemon and such)... I'm not a competitive battler though, I just love going through the game and collecting Pokemon, so I'll usually end up restarting my second game a few times for fun, so I can go through the game again.

survivor

Banned
MagniHarvald said:

Well since I'm a competitive battler, I play through both games at the same time. I play through one normally. After I finish it I transfer my old Pokemon to it and make that game my main one for battling. Then I will play the other one and use it to catch legendarys or just to playthrough the game again or do speedruns or One Pokemon Runs.

Boss Man

If I knew I could play this game with Raichu or Mew following me around I'd buy a DS next week in anticipation. I know Mew is unlikely, but how hard is it to get the older pokemon on there? I played gold and silver way back in the day, can't remember if the older pokemon were in it or not.

Teknoman

StateofMind said:
If I knew I could play this game with Raichu or Mew following me around I'd buy a DS next week in anticipation. I know Mew is unlikely, but how hard is it to get the older pokemon on there? I played gold and silver way back in the day, can't remember if the older pokemon were in it or not.

Mew isnt unlikely since they'll probably bring the wi-fi mystery gift outside of japan sooner or later.

StateofMind said:

Mew is obtainable. If you have any friends with a Japanese Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Gold or Silver, they can get a free Mew right now with the Wifi mystery gift option. Ask nicely and they might pass it on, at least as a lender :p

You can use the Pal Park areas to transfer Pokemon from your GBA games. I think you can only do 6 a day (at least on D/P/Pt) but it's worth the time.

survivor

Banned
My friend has my Japanese Heart Gold. Maybe I should tell him to get Mew for me. Then I can distribute it to you guys if you want.

Any idea on how to activate the mystery gift option in the Japanese version?

OMG Aero

survivor said:
My friend has my Japanese Heart Gold. Maybe I should tell him to get Mew for me. Then I can distribute it to you guys if you want.

Any idea on how to activate the mystery gift option in the Japanese version?
I think in HG and SS it is automatically unlocked as soon as you get the Pokedex.

MEMO0001.jpg

My sister winded up going to the mall today, so I made her do it for me. Was going to get an extra one for GAF, but should couldn't figure out how to delete the cards in Diamond. Sorry.

Michan

Is this going on in Canada?

Also, how do you delete the cards? I haven't really been playing for a long while, but would love to get back into it.

celebi23

Probably will go to the mall a little bit later to get the "Pikachu-Colored Pichu" & reserve HG & SS. My launch DSPhat is still going strong. No need to get a DSi yet :D

Gravijah

celebi23 said:
Probably will go to the mall a little bit later to get the "Pikachu-Colored Pichu" & reserve HG & SS. My launch DSPhat is still going strong. No need to get a DSi yet :D

Launch DSPhat club represent! I'm holding out for the DSi XL myself. I only play my handheld games at home.

Zilch

Banned
If you delete the wonder card you can just download another one? So you could get multiple Pichus with one game?

Edit: to survivor.
When you start up the game you can choose 'wi-fi' (4th options), and then can get a 'fushigina omiyake' (mysterious gift).

That Pichu isn't available in Europe :(, anyone able to get an extra one for me? It would be awesome, as I'm so into my heart gold game right now.
Edit2: crap you can't trade that pichu :(

Zilch said:
If you delete the wonder card you can just download another one? So you could get multiple Pichus with one game?
No. I made her bring my copy of Platinum and Diamond. Diamond had 3 wonder cards, and she didn't know if she should delete it, so she just didn't do it.

Magni

If they ever do bring this Pichu to Europe/France, I hope GAME gets it, because there isn't a Micromania (GameStop's French subsidiary) near me..

Going through Victory Road right now (Platinum), just had my Gabite evolve, and getting ready for my Sneasle to evolve as well :D

I'm going go to check EB and GS here in Vancouver, but I'm guessing the answer is "no". Interesting to see the fine print has two mentions though:

1. You're not going to see this Pichu at other stores
2. You "may" (that means very good chance, AFAIK) get it on WiFi connection later.

Bentendo

How do you get a Pikachu colored Pichu? I mean, I know you go to GameStop and use Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, but do you have to be at a certain point in the games? And when I get to GameStop what should I ask to get the Pichu?

Balb

Bentendo said:
How do you get a Pikachu colored Pichu? I mean, I know you go to GameStop and use Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, but do you have to be at a certain point in the games? And when I get to GameStop what should I ask to get the Pichu?

All you need is a pokedex to get the Pichu. Once you download the Pokemon you just go to the Mart and receive it.

You don't need to tell anything to the GameStop people. All you need to do is use mystery gift anywhere in the store (possibly even outside of the store) and select "wifi gift". If you don't have mystery gift yet just check gamefaqs. There are many easy ways to obtain mystery gift.

Bentendo

Balb said:
All you need is a pokedex to get the Pichu. Once you download the Pokemon you just go to the Mart and receive it.

You don't need to tell anything to the GameStop people. All you need to do is use mystery gift anywhere in the store (possibly even outside of the store) and select "wifi gift". If you don't have mystery gift yet just check gamefaqs. There are many easy ways to obtain mystery gift.

Hey thanks man! Serebii said to get it in the Jubilife TV Station, but since I restarted it's not open yet. I think I have to get the first badge.

Is it just me or does it seem backwards to give out a special pichu that can unlock an even more special pokemon in HG/SS, in a time where HG/SS isn't out... people thus ends up with the pichu in their DPP game unable to unlock the special pichu in HG/SS.

Anarchistry

MagniHarvald said:
Are you getting both games for yourself? You're not gonna have much time for anything else :lol
Also, why are you getting a DSi now? Or do you not have a DS yet? I'll probably get a DSi along with Gen V's third game.
Well, I kind of forgot about my girlfriend's brother's birthday, and he loves the series. I have a DS now, but its completely torn up and disgusting, due to the fact that I bought it around lunch time

Ninja edit::lol :lol I meant launch time

Bentendo

Anarchistry said:
Well, I kind of forgot about my girlfriend's brother's birthday, and he loves the series. I have a DS now, but its completely torn up and disgusting, due to the fact that I bought it around lunch time

:lol I wasn't sure if I was reading that correctly. Food will do that though.

Balb

Bentendo said:
Hey thanks man! Serebii said to get it in the Jubilife TV Station, but since I restarted it's not open yet. I think I have to get the first badge.

Actually I think you choose wireless mystery gift instead of wifi. Either way, you should be good to go.

Gravijah

Anarchistry said:

Everytime I re-read this point, I laugh. :lol

Metroid Killer said:
Is it just me or does it seem backwards to give out a special pichu that can unlock an even more special pokemon in HG/SS, in a time where HG/SS isn't out... people thus ends up with the pichu in their DPP game unable to unlock the special pichu in HG/SS.
It's happened before, they gave out a Regigigas that would unlock the other three Regi Pokemon in Platinum version.

But this Pichu can't be traded... so a lot of people will never be able to use it to unlock the spikey-eared pichu in HG/SS...

To Lkr: Mew is currently optainable via wifi for japanese DPP/HG/SS games.

survivor

Banned
Metroid Killer said:
Edit: to survivor.
When you start up the game you can choose 'wi-fi' (4th options), and then can get a 'fushigina omiyake' (mysterious gift).

That Pichu isn't available in Europe :(, anyone able to get an extra one for me? It would be awesome, as I'm so into my heart gold game right now.
Edit2: crap you can't trade that pichu :(
Alright thanks. I will just get the game from him on Monday and try to get it.

Wiseblade

People generally buy multiple copies of Pokemon games so they can have all the version exclusives and farm TMs. It's also fun to go through the game with an alternative team without having to wipe your old game. At least those were the excuses I used when I bought Platinum. Still, trading everything over is a nightmare. that's one thing I'm not looking forward to in HG, and I haven't even finished moving everything over to Platinum yet! :lol

With all of the revitalised Pokemon interest on GAF, why haven't we started having some battles yet?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Mr.City said:
Oh no, I'm getting that old feeling again. I think I have to get this, The only question is Gold or Silver?
Exclusive to HeartGold
#056 Mankey
#057 Primeape
#058 Growlithe
#059 Arcanine
#167 Spinarak
#168 Ariados
#207 Gligar
#226 Mantine
#231 Phanpy
#232 Donphan
#302 Sableye
#343 Baltoy
#344 Claydol
#382 Kyogre
#458 Mantyke
#472 Gliscor

Exclusive to SoulSilver
#037 Vulpix
#038 Ninetales
#052 Meowth
#053 Persian
#165 Ledyba
#166 Ledian
#216 Teddiursa
#217 Ursaring
#225 Delibird
#227 Skarmory
#303 Mawile
#316 Gulpin
#317 Swalot
#383 Groudon

Honestly, HeartGold has the better exclusives IMO, but trading gets rid of all your worries in that regrad. Skarmony, Groudon, Ninetails < Arcanine, Claydol, Gliscor, Sableye, Kyogre

OMG Aero

Zilch said:
No. Even if you delete the wonder card the game remembers which event Pokemon you have received before so you can't farm them.

Top Bottom