• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Metroid Killer said:
But this Pichu can't be traded...
I'm almost positive that it can be traded, just not via the GTS.

Wiseblade said:
With all of the revitalised Pokemon interest on GAF, why haven't we started having some battles yet?
I'm game, but I'm probably not much of a challenge for anyone who really knows how to play. I waste all of my knowledge on gimmick teams.

OMG Aero said:
No. Even if you delete the wonder card the game remembers which event Pokemon you have received before so you can't farm them.
Yeah, in order to farm event Pokemon, you'd have to retrieve it, trade it to another cart, then delete your save and start over to get another one.

survivor

Banned
I will battle if you guys are interested.

Though don't expect anything creative. I just use standard crap copied straight from guides.

Sixfortyfive

2750-6983-3519

I prefer double battles w/ standard Smogon rules. Just let me know if you want any other rules enforced (Item Clause, etc) so that I can change around my team.

survivor

Banned
That was fast.

Can we do singles? I never made a team for doubles so I will probably get pwned by a simple Rain Dance team or something like that. I can still do double if you want.

2879 - 5485 - 8102

Sixfortyfive said:
I'm almost positive that it can be traded, just not via the GTS.
hmm you may be right, but serebii mentioned that something about pokecenters refusing to trade the pichu because it will change the flow of time (or some crap). I'm on my ds right now and it's going so slow... (thanks for the trade the other day)

Edit: ok just checked anyway. It's the spiky-eared pichu in HG/SS that can't be traded!! So if any americans capable of getting a spare event pichu and willing to donate it'd be awesome!

Bentendo

I just noticed that the Pikachu Colored Pichu is just a shiny Pichu. So, does this mean that if I find a shiny Pichu in the wild and bring it to the appropriate spot in HeartGold/SoulSilver, I'll get the spiky eared Pichu? Not that I would actually waste my time trying to find a shiny Pichu in the wild, but I was just curious.

EDIT: Oh, and to the person that was asking why they did this promotion before HS/SS came out, I'd say they did it because some people might end up pre-ordering the game when they get their Pichu. I know that's what I'm going to be doing.

Bentendo said:
I just noticed that the Pikachu Colored Pichu is just a shiny Pichu. So, does this mean that if I find a shiny Pichu in the wild and bring it to the appropriate spot in HeartGold/SoulSilver, I'll get the spiky eared Pichu? Not that I would actually waste my time trying to find a shiny Pichu in the wild, but I was just curious.
Were it that easy, this Pichu has the event flag attached so no dice.

Metroid Killer said:
hmm you may be right, but serebii mentioned that something about pokecenters refusing to trade the pichu because it will change the flow of time (or some crap). I'm on my ds right now and it's going so slow... (thanks for the trade the other day)
That's referring to the Spiky-Ear Pichu in Heart Gold/Soul Silver that you get from trading the Shiny Pichu over from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.

survivor

Banned
Didn't expect a hailstorm team. Good thing I brought Tyranitar. I always bring that guy out of fear of Rain Dance teams :lol

Gravijah said:
Wait wait wait. The special Pichu doesn't turn into a special Pikachu & Raichu, does it?
It shouldn't as far as I know.

Bentendo

Gravijah said:
Wait wait wait. The special Pichu doesn't turn into a special Pikachu & Raichu, does it?

I don't think so. I wouldn't take the chance though, especially if you want to get the spiky eared Pichu in HeartGold/SoulSilver.

Gravijah

survivor said:
Didn't expect a hailstorm team. Good thing I brought Tyranitar. I always bring that guy out of fear of Rain Dance teams :lol

It shouldn't as far as I know.

Ah well. Back to my quest to obtain a shiny Raichu, which has been going strong since Emerald!

So I checked; EB/GS Canada is not doing the Pichu program, at least not now. Best hope for WFC, folks... :( (I'll just jump on the begging wagon in the meantime)

Gravijah said:

Special Pichu doesn't evolve, AFAIK

silverbullet1080 said:
So... what's the point of it? ;p

It's basically a movie Pichu with a special loadout.

1. You can't find her anywhere else; the Prof. literally suggests Celebi brought her back from another time period. Hence the unique look.

2. Her moveset is exclusive:
Helping Hand (Move Tutor otherwise)
Volt Tackle (Egg move otherwise)
Pain Split (!! This Pichu ONLY)
Swagger (TM otherwise)

Pain Split is pretty brutal. You can basically barrel away with Volt Tackle and then Pain Split to get back the health.

3. As mentioned, she follows you around in the gameworld (although do all of the pokemon do that now? I forget.)

OMG Aero

Gravijah said:
The Pichu they are giving away now is a Shiny Pichu that, as far as I know, will evolve into a Shiny Pikachu and then a Shiny Raichu.
If you trade this Shiny Pichu into HG/SS you can get a spiky eared Pichu that will not evolve and cannot be traded, I don't know whether evolving the Shiny Pichu would effect this event if it can evolve.

Nintendo made this shit way too confusing. What's with all the Pichu love anyway? There are two event Pichus now and a Pichu that plays a guitar in the new Ranger game.

Wiseblade

OMG Aero said:
The Pichu they are giving away now is a Shiny Pichu that, as far as I know, will evolve into a Shiny Pikachu and then a Shiny Raichu.
If you trade this Shiny Pichu into HG/SS you can get a spiky eared Pichu that will not evolve and cannot be traded, I don't know whether evolving the Shiny Pichu would effect this event if it can evolve.

Nintendo made this shit way too confusing. What's with all the Pichu love anyway? There are two event Pichus now and a Pichu that plays a guitar in the new Ranger game.
They're trying to set up every Pokemon having multiple forms in the next generation, I believe.

Sixfortyfive

I can clone you one of mine if you want. I have one of every non-neutral nature, and they all have fairly ideal IVs.

Code:
 LONELY (+ATK -DEF) 31/31/22/31/31/31 - seed  D090422
  BRAVE (+ATK -SPE) 31/30/29/31/30/ 0 - seed EC070807
ADAMANT (+ATK -SPA) 31/31/31/24/31/31 - seed 651402EF
NAUGHTY (+ATK -SPD) 31/31/31/31/27/31 - seed 2C170286
   BOLD (+DEF -ATK) 31/17/31/31/31/31 - seed A2160E5E
RELAXED (+DEF -SPE) 31/31/30/31/30/ 0 - seed B70107A1
 IMPISH (+DEF -SPA) 31/31/31/25/31/31 - seed 4A070685
    LAX (+DEF -SPD) 31/31/31/31/20/31 - seed 61090422
  TIMID (+SPE -ATK) 31/31/31/31/31/31 - seed D2140289
  HASTY (+SPE -DEF) 31/31/19/31/31/31 - seed 30060381
  JOLLY (+SPE -SPA) 31/31/31/24/31/31 - seed 9809068E
  NAIVE (+SPE -SPD) 31/31/31/31/11/31 - seed 520F0769
 MODEST (+SPA -ATK) 31/31/31/31/31/31 - seed 7B100958
   MILD (+SPA -DEF) 31/31/16/31/31/31 - seed 80110EAC
  QUIET (+SPA -SPE) 31/30/31/31/31/ 0 - seed 46010CD4
   RASH (+SPA -SPD) 31/31/31/31/28/31 - seed  3120E09
   CALM (+SPD -ATK) 31/31/31/31/31/31 - seed 8A01082E
 GENTLE (+SPD -DEF) 31/31/25/31/31/31 - seed D3010F9C
  SASSY (+SPD -SPE) 30/30/31/31/30/ 0 - seed 690B0811
CAREFUL (+SPD -SPA) 31/31/31/13/31/31 - seed CE1008F9

Sixfortyfive

Gravijah said:
Someone has to be able to get my secret trainer ID thingy for me, right? 8(
I can do this as well. Just trade me any Pokemon that you've caught in the game that you want to have checked.

Gravijah

Sixfortyfive said:
I can do this as well. Just trade me any Pokemon that you've caught in the game that you want to have checked.

Alright sorry about that, had to set everything up and find my Platinum. Never used WiFi connection before either, so if you need me to do something specific tell me.

1892-2646-4496

Sitting in the WiFi thinger.

Gravijah

Sixfortyfive said:
2750-6983-3519

Just let me know if you need me to trade this thing back or not.

Nah I'm good, do you need this Ditto back though?

Edit:

Sixfortyfive said:
Your secret ID is 44070.

You can keep it.

Thanks a bunch. Didn't want to shit the thread up any more.

OMG Aero

If anyone manages to get a spare event Pichu they don't need, I'll trade a Manaphy egg for one.
Oh, and if anyone wants a singles battle later on, just send me a PM, my friend code is 2106-5645-8567.

Magni

selig said:
What has become of Pokemon?!
A Ditto not worth a damn anymore?

:(
:lol

Did something last night I hadn't done since I was in middle school: stay up all night to play Pokémon :D With my team of 50s, I beat the Elite 4 (damn Cynthia and her 13 - I counted! - Full Restores), caught Uxie, and went to bed :lol

What are the odds of moving/not moving when paralyzed? 50/50, no? Here's what I counted last night:
Cynthia's pokémon managed to play:
while paralyzed: 13/14
while confused: 6/6

Was she just lucky, or does the game cheat?

The last time I retried (before getting it), I only needed my Staraptor's Fly to hit to win. It missed, and then her Roserade got a Critical Hit on me to crush my hopes =(

Caught Azelf with a Poke Ball and Darkrai with a Premier Ball this afternoon :lol

---

Question for those who have HG/SS: how's the difficulty?

Silver felt way too easy to me when I first played them, apart from Whitney's Miltank :lol First time beating the Elite Four, my highest level Pokémon was a level 34 Golem..

MemoirsofMimi

Neo Member
I just started playing Platinum again in preparation for HeartGold/SoulSilver (pre-ordered both yesterday :D) and I'n having trouble selecting a team. My current team is just Piplup and I just beat my rival for the second team.

Here's what I have in mind:

- Piplup (which I'll evolve into Empolen)
- Buneary (which I'll evolve into Loppuny)
- Murkrow (which I'll evolve into Honchkrow) Murkrow is obtainable in Platinum, right?
- Glameow (which I'll evolve into Purugly) It is obtainable in Platinum, right?
- Riolu (which I'll evolve into Lucario)
- ?????

Others I've considered:

- Weavile
- Abonmasnow
- Milotic (I decided to avoid the pain of catching a Feebas)
- Raichu
- Garchomp
- Snorlax
- Skuntank
- Blissey
- Drifbilm
- Mismasgius (I really want to catch it but I'm not sure it'll be very strong)
- Vespiquen (Decided to avoid having to capture a female Combee)
- Ambipom (Decided to avoid the pain of capturing an Aipom)
- Rampardos/Bastiodon (Decided to avoid finding a fossil)

I decided not to bother with Roserade, Alakazam and Staraptor seeing as I usually choose them every time I play through the game.

In short, what do you think of the team I have in mind and what Pokemon should I consider/replace? What should my sixth Pokemon be? I don't want to use legendaries and I want to stick with Pokemon from the Sinnoh Pokedex.

I wasn't sure where the best place to put this would be, so I decided to post it here.

CassSept

I'd recommend you Hippowdon. I accidentally got him first time playing through Pearl and it became THE most important part of my team. It may be slow, but it's very powerful and versatile. EQ + Crunch + two elemental fangs of your choice and you have 3/4 of weaknesses covered with just one pokemon.

Top Bottom