• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Reich

Hey guys

Anyone willing to spare an electriser and or a Reaper Cloth ? Need to make evole my Dusclops and Electabuzz. Pls !

FC : 2278 9136 9968

I`m looking for a charmander or someone from his family to breed the shiny cool bastard charizard, and also for the constest D:

Anyone with a spare one?? :)

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Just got badge number 8 and I've already sunk 30 hours into this game. I can't even remember the last time I've spent more than 10 on a single player game.

Nayishiki

Zmart said:
I`m looking for a charmander or someone from his family to breed the shiny cool bastard charizard, and also for the constest D:

I can give you one. Can you help me trade evolve 2 pokemons? My Fc is 3653 2713 6337

Johann said:
Speaking of all this shiny hunting, I've just hatched a shiny Gible. I can't wait to see it's thoughtful and artistic pallete swap in the Garchomp stage!

A lot of people think of Feraligatr as a poor man's Gyarados but I think it can do just fine. It's got access to Ice Punch, which is stronger and more accurate than Ice Fang (it does lose the flinch chance). I'm not particularly fond of Crunch since it's only Super Effective on Ghosts and Psychic types. These types are usually pretty frail (Crunch's defense drop rarely comes into play) and will fall to Feraligatr's other attacks without difficulty. I prefer good ole Earthquake or Superpower (on a non DD/SD build) due to their type coverage.

You can egg move Dragon Dance on Totodile through a Dragonair/nite parent and teach it Ice Punch through a Battle Frontier move tutor.

I prefer Megnemite/ton to Ampharos. It's got a slightly better special attack and the Steel-typing is a godsend (over a dozen resistances + potential ground-type immunity On Magneton) once you get into Dragon territory, especially against Kingdra. However, it's a one-trick pony with a limited arsenal of attacks. Ampharos has a better variety of moves and type-coverage. It's only later in the game that Magneton and its resistances can give you a major edge over the game's strongest opponents. I'd suggest you consider Magneton if you hope evolve it into a Magnezone in D/P/Pt and bring it back over. However, you can't do wrong with Ampharos and those moves you selected.

If you're looking for more Pokemon, Heracross is absolutely amazing due to its extraordinary attack and great type-coverage. Several Gym leaders and some Elite Four members are weak to one or more of its attacks. Murkrow is useful as the designated flyer/Psychic-killer and can keep pace with the others in just its Stage 1 evolution. While it may sound redundant with Feraligatr, a Gyarados can ease Feraligatr's burden and add another Ice-move user to your team.
Get rid of Crunch in favour of Earthquake. Got it. Superpower or Dragon Dance is now my dilemma.

Hex

Banned
Zmart said:

I can give you one 0475 0119 1993

Nayishiki said:
I can give you one. Can you help me trade evolve 2 pokemons? My Fc is 3653 2713 6337

I can give you one 0475 0119 1993

Oh hell, what do i do :cry:

I add you both then the one that gives me first gets my help to evolve via trading or anything <3

Edit : my fc lol 2021-1860-2559 :lol

Nayishiki

nastynate409 said:
I can help you evolve some right quick bud.

Ok going online now.Thanks for your help.

Edit: I don't know why we can't connect. Thanks for trying.

Zmart said:
Oh hell, what do i do :cry:

I add you both then the one that gives me first gets my help to evolve via trading or anything <3

Do it with Hex, nastynate409 will help me for the evolutions.

thefil

If I'm breeding for IVs should I be looking into finding a ditto with lots of 31s?

*edit* if anyone wants a beldum I will have four spare in twenty minutes or so.

Nayishiki said:
Ok going online now.Thanks for your help.

Edit: I don't know why we can't connect. Thanks for trying.

Do it with Hex, nastynate409 will help me for the evolutions.
I'm not stealing your Pokemans.... I can't get back into the Wifi Club. I'm sorry man, I'm trying.

Whew. Finally managed to RNG the perfect Raikou. Now I can take a break from fighting the E4 over and over. :lol

Next step: importing massive amounts of Luxury balls for its capture. :D

Echoes

upandaway said:
Teach it Sucker Punch.

One of the best moves in the game right there.
Yeah I like it. Thing is, if someone out-predicts you, you will lose a precious PP in him setting up with a buff or a substitute (but of course, it hits hard even after an awesome revenge kill so that's fine). It could go as high as 8 PP right? I'm definitely keeping it for my Dugtrio.

Man, I just had the awesome luck againt that Tycoon (Battle 21 in BF). 2HKOd his Dragonite using Grachomp, in which he got me down to 8 HP. Managed to hit Miltoic before going down. Choice Scarf Electabuzz outsped his Milotic with a Thunderbolt and killed her. Rhyperior comes and OHKO my buzz. Tyranitar comes, Earthquakes and takes about 1\3 Rhyperior's HP, while he almost OHKOd me if it wasn't for Focus Sash. I Earthquaked one more time and oh la la, a critical hit kills his Rhyperior :lol

I always suck at this battle. I may substitute Electabuzz with Sceptile, and hope it manages to OHKO Milotic with Leaf Blade.

SaintZ

YEAH, I beat Clair on my first try! I took down Gyarados with Ampharos then both of her Dragonairs with Ice Fang from my Feraligatr and Red Gyarados. Kingdra was a huge pain in the ass but I paralized it and lowered its accuracy with Flash(Ampharos), its attack with Sword Dance (Pidgeotto) and its defense with Leer(Gyarados). I lost all but two of my pokemon but it was worth it :D

Poyunch

t4xvh4.jpg

I found this while looking for some junk. At first I thought the Chikorita had a piece of shrimp on its head. :lol

Maybe Swinub's the way to go with this one. Gonna switch out Steelix with Swinub.

PounchEnvy said:
t4xvh4.jpg

I found this while looking for some junk. At first I thought the Chikorita had a piece of shrimp on its head. :lol
I laughed more at this than I should have. :lol

Top Bottom