• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Andrex said:
I'm kinda leaning towards picking up HeartGold now. Then I get two of everything, I can pick another Johto/Kanto/Hoenn starter and another one of the Arceus Pokemon (in this case Dialga, completing my collection of Sinnoh Pokegods.)

AND I'd have an extra Pokewalker. Hrm... I did get both at the same time when I was a kid. Should I try and replicate the experience? :lol
This is the first generation where I've bought 3 games, Diamond, Pearl and HeartGold. I'm actually going to get SoulSilver down the road. Hell, I may get Platinum just to complete the set. :lol

I'm having a hard time finding the entrance to the event thingy.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Metroid Killer said:
But is that really worth the price for an extra game??? You can get all the startes free from me and others in here, and I'm sure there's a kind soul who'll trade his Sinnoh Gods to you(if so tell me as well!)

But... extra Pokewalker... :(

Not that I have anything against people here, but for some reason I always think that Pokemon I get in trades are probably hacked. And I don't like hacked Pokemon... >.>

Axis

ok this is starting to get ridiculous...things are disappearing from my box randomly. my move passing ninjask has disappeared...this makes 4-5 different things to just vanish completely since i've been playing. what the fuck is going on?

Jet Grind Radio! said:
I'm having a hard time finding the entrance to the event thingy.
This should happen if you try to enter the house in the picture.
Ruins_of_Alph_HGSS.png

Hey, MK if you're still online I wouldn't mind a foreign ditto...can offer either crap or a ditto from a platinum swarm...

Edit: 4426-4035-7880

What's the secret to getting an Umbreon? I've been battling it at night trying to get it to evolve but it's 22 now and it's still Eevee. I got an Espeon evolution like at level 14.

Oni Link 666 said:
What's the secret to getting an Umbreon? I've been battling it at night trying to get it to evolve but it's 22 now and it's still Eevee. I got an Espeon evolution like at level 14.
Eevee needs to have a maxed out happiness, after that, level at night and you get Umbreon.

Oni Link 666 said:

I think it has to be max happiness at the time of level-up, though...

Oni Link 666 said:
Happiness, which increases by leveling up, walking(big factor), using healing items(big factor), haircuts, vitamins.

Haha screwy wifi again JGR, gonna trade with Moogle before trying again, k

Edit: v Ready!

Metroid Killer said:
Haha screwy wifi again JGR, gonna trade with Moogle before trying again, k

*punches Nintendo's idea of a user interface. :lol Took me a good few minutes to clue in how to trigger trading with that. Thanks for the swap.

Minister of the Dog said:
Oh, there's something I would like to ask. In Ruby, I had a Plusle who knew Rain Dance along with Thunder. Whenever I used Rain Dance, Thunder would never fail (and I believe it also dealed more damage). Is this still true as of generation IV?

Anyone?

Echoes said:
How do I get Garchomp to learn Outrage? I went to the Move Tutor in Blackthorn but he doesn't have it. Fire Fang, Dragon Rush, etc but no Outrage. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Hey Echoes, grats for your shiny Shuckle.

You need to chain breed in order to teach Garchomp/Gible Outrage. First, get a male Dragonair or Dragonite that knows outrage, and then you need a female Gible or any Pokémon from its family. Leave them at daycare, and the egg you receive will be a Gible that knows outrage. Check this site out http://old.veekun.com/dex/calculators/breeding_chains

^Or you can just tutor it Outrage at the Battle Frontier for 48 BP.
Yup
"Thunder has an accuracy of 100% when used during heavy rain and 50% if used during bright sunlight. It also has a 30% chance of paralyzing the target. It can also hit a Pokémon during the semi-invulnerable turn of Fly. "

Gravijah

I just went to Wal Mart (where I bought it a few weeks back) and they have the boxes with the figure put out now. I'm disappointed.

Poyunch

viciouskillersquirrel said:
It works on IVs rather than total stats, I think.
Actually I think it has to do with HP. I got third place with my Pinsir and first place also got a Pinsir. And every other time I've gotten first without doing any damage to the Pokemon's HP (and sometimes ending up with the same Pokemon as other contestants).

Echoes

Anyone?

Hey Echoes, grats for your shiny Shuckle.

You need to chain breed in order to teach Garchomp/Gible Outrage. First, get a male Dragonair or Dragonite that knows outrage, and then you need a female Gible or any Pokémon from its family. Leave them at daycare, and the egg you receive will be a Gible that knows outrage. Check this site out http://old.veekun.com/dex/calculators/breeding_chains
Thanks for the tip, though as MK said, I'll probably purchase it (though that's too much BP!) since I just want Outrage in the Frontier. For my competitive Garchomp, I'll be sure to breed it with Dragonair. Outrage with Persim(sp?) Beryy is all sorts of awesomeness IMO. Oh and BTW, even Blizzard (with Hail) gets a boost in its accuracy making it 100%.

I activated the event and got my Giratina. Loved the event.

I'm currently EV-training my shiny Shuckle. Boy, those power items sure make the job a LOT easier. I finished the HP department in 24 battles (20 Wopper + 4 Quagsire), where with my Togekiss I spent ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY SIX BATTLES WITH TENTACOOL! Goddamn.

Oni Link 666 said:

When I got my Umbreon I had its EV spread all worked out ahead of time, so I fed it all the Vitamins I had planned while it was still a Level 1 Eevee and rode my bike through Goldenrod while trying to hatch the leftover eggs I had from the breeding process. Eevee was at the head of my party holding the Soothe Bell. I ended up with a Level 2 Umbreon :D

jdogmoney

Metroid Killer said:
We still need to do the trade! Are you able to do it now (or have you already evolved your scyther?)

Sorry, man. I don't have Wifi at my dorm, so I can usually only get on at a friend's house.

:(

I'm a bad Pokemon trainer. If you want to give the Coat to someone else, I understand, but if you'll forgive me, I should be able to have Wifi at about this time in two days. I'm sorry.

cdyhybrid

Metroid Killer said:
We still need to do the trade! Are you able to do it now (or have you already evolved your scyther?)

Can I get a foreign Ditto too? Won't be in the contest, but I'll be breeding teams in the future, better shiny chance couldn't hurt :lol

FC: 4812 9260 8486

Metroid Killer said:
Yeah but it requires the Azure Flute which Nintendo may or may not distribute some time. Would be awesome as Dilaga and Palka are going to be pretty difficult for me to aquire(not owning DDPt)
One of the reasons I hate the idea of Event Pokémon.

cdyhybrid said:
Can I get a foreign Ditto too? Won't be in the contest, but I'll be breeding teams in the future, better shiny chance couldn't hurt :lol

FC: 4812 9260 8486
Yeah, going to the Union room. My fc 5156 4291 4002

Metroid Killer said:
^Or you can just tutor it Outrage at the Battle Frontier for 48 BP.
Yup
"Thunder has an accuracy of 100% when used during heavy rain and 50% if used during bright sunlight. It also has a 30% chance of paralyzing the target. It can also hit a Pokémon during the semi-invulnerable turn of Fly. "

Thanks! I couldn't find anything in bulbapedia's rain dance page. I guess I should have tried with the thunder one :lol

cdyhybrid

Metroid Killer said:
Yeah, going to the Union room. My fc 5156 4291 4002

Do you mean the Union room upstairs in the Pokemon Center? Went in there and didn't see anyone. Never used it before so I'm not really sure how it works.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Grats on the shuckle echoes!

Finally finished ev training my in-game team. 2 pokes to ev train for my real battle team.

I hope you guys in the torn wont be IV training :p

CryptiK

Got my game today :D went in and traded Nintendogs and Some old Yugioh game for it >.<

and the guy at the counter added a nice "What the fuck" when I said what version I wanted and asked why is everyone buying Soul Silver! He hen said he has 1 copy of Silver left and over a dozen of Gold >.<

This might be a lot to ask, but if anyone out there has a spare female Sableye or Japanese Ditto they don't want and would be willing to give it away I'd be incredibly grateful.

Since I'm only at Goldenrod at the moment aside from possibly a lvl 2 Spinarak I've got nothing useful to give in return. I'm not bothered about nature, EVs, IVs, level or even if they are hacked, I just want to breed a Sableye for my team instead of waiting until I reach the Pal Park to bring my old one over from Sapphire.

My FC is 4855 9004 1361

Wizpig

CryptiK said:
and the guy at the counter added a nice "What the fuck" when I said what version I wanted and asked why is everyone buying Soul Silver! He hen said he has 1 copy of Silver left and over a dozen of Gold >.<
Silver/Soul Silver is for noobs.

=p

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Azure Phoenix said:
This might be a lot to ask, but if anyone out there has a spare female Sableye or Japanese Ditto they don't want and would be willing to give it away I'd be incredibly grateful.

Since I'm only at Goldenrod at the moment aside from possibly a lvl 2 Spinarak I've got nothing useful to give in return. I'm not bothered about nature, EVs, IVs, level or even if they are hacked, I just want to breed a Sableye for my team instead of waiting until I reach the Pal Park to bring my old one over from Sapphire.

My FC is 4855 9004 1361
Any particular reason you want sableye over spiritomb? If it's personal preference alone, I understand.

I would give you a sableye right now, but I'm on my way to bed. Pm me tomorrow if no one steps up?

Mush

CryptiK said:
Got my game today :D went in and traded Nintendogs and Some old Yugioh game for it >.<

Lugia > Ho-oh

FootNinja said:
Any particular reason you want sableye over spiritomb? If it's personal preference alone, I understand.

I would give you a sableye right now, but I'm on my way to bed. Pm me tomorrow if no one steps up?

I don't care about competitive battling so I want to use my favourite Pokemon for the main game, hence why I won't be evolving my Togepi or Mareep and why I intend to use Sableye and Bellossom.

And thanks very much, I'll take you up on that offer if I don't find one by then.

Anybody got any spare ditto or dratini?

I'm willing to trade off some TM's or items if necessary. I can't imagine that I have any valuable pokemon and I can't breed any starters without a ditto.

Edit:
I'm also looking for the TM move "facade". I'd love it if anyone has that move up for trade.

Top Bottom