• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Echoes

Goodbye, Crobat!

crobat.png

Welcome, Shiny Shuckle!

P.S. if it wasn't for FoorNinja, I wouldn't even had thought about Shuckle. Thanks man! :D

I think I remember catching the legendary dogs with a single level ball with my level 100 tyranitar in front in the original gold version. Is it still possible to do in the remake?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
This game is like an MMO almost. So much you can do on any given day.

Question, which would be better: Flying Pikachu or surfing Pikachu? I would assume surfing.

Also, these kinds of Pikachu from the Pokewalker, you can evolve them, right?

OneMoreQuestion said:
I think I remember catching the legendary dogs with a single level ball with my level 100 tyranitar in front in the original gold version. Is it still possible to do in the remake?

Sure it's possible, but extremely unlikely.

cvxfreak

Whoo. A Japanese event Arceus will unlock the Sinjoh Ruins event in the U.S. versions. So now I have a Level 1 Giratina in SS. :)

fernoca

cvxfreak said:
Whoo. A Japanese event Arceus will unlock the Sinjoh Ruins event in the U.S. versions. So now I have a Level 1 Giratina in SS. :)
Haha..walking around with a Giratina is so weird..you're the only one walking around with this gigantic..aracnic..rare..creature..and noone notices..and then, you talk to "it"..and it's all smileys and exclamation points. :lol

dzbk3d.jpg

25evjgw.jpg

cvxfreak

Jet Grind Radio! said:
O= Me wants.

If I have time later this month, I might start an event Arceus lending service to NeoGAF members with at least 1 year of posting history and 1000+ posts, and starting with posters I'm familiar with. Stay tuned ;)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Answer mah question guyz? :p

cvxfreak said:

Explain? :eek:

fernoca

The Arceus/Giratina thing..is an event unlocked by taking an "event Arceus" (like the ones given at Toys R Us last year, etc..), trading it to SoulSilver, and taking it..to the Ruins. From there, the characters proceed to investigate the ruins, then blah blah blah..with Arceus, you're given the option to get an egg containing either Giratina, Dialga, or Palkia...all at Level 1, but you only get to choose 1..so it's a matter of preference.

I choose Giratina, simply because I had the preorder figurine from Platinum, but never got it on that game. :D

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Thanks!

I'd probably get Dialga since if anything I'd get Platinum eventually, and already have Pearl. Since they're at level 1... are you able to manipulate the natures/IVs in any way? It's unlikely I'd ever try to but it wouldn't hurt to know. :3

Echoes

Big Ass Ramp said:
Bwaha, he's huge! Are there any other pokes that take up that much space? So far, it seems like all my pokes are about the same size.
Groudon :lol Maybe not that size, but when you're walking upward (and stop), you won't see your character :D

fernoca, where are the ruins located? I have an Arceus.

^Go to the Aplh(sp?) Ruins with and you will eventually got to the Sinjoh Ruins where if you only have Arceus in your party you can enter a place where it'll create one of teh 3 legendaries.

cvxfreak said:
If I have time later this month, I might start an event Arceus lending service to NeoGAF members with at least 1 year of posting history and 1000+ posts, and starting with posters I'm familiar with. Stay tuned ;)
Damn. I won't hit a year till July

Also, woo! I won the Bug Catching Conest with a lvl 13 Scyther. I got a Sun Stone. :3

Echoes

Thanks MK! Always to the rescue :D

Jet Grind Radio! said:

Also, woo! I won the Bug Catching Conest with a lvl 13 Scyther. I got a Sun Stone. :3
I'll give you mine whenever you need it.

Wizpig

Jet Grind Radio! said:

The heck.
I caught a Schyther days ago, but a f*cking METAPOD won instead.

^Also got an Arceus which you can loan JGR

Also reposting so that more people will hunt for Shiny Charmanders

shinycharmandherpantscomeoff.jpg

Anyone who wants a Japanese Ditto to make the Shiny chances better(1 in 2048 instead of 1 in 8192) can get one from me: 5156 4291 4002

btkadams

Metroid Killer said:
^Also got an Arceus which you can loan JGR

Also reposting so that more people will hunt for Shiny Charmanders

shinycharmandherpantscomeoff.jpg

Anyone who wants a Japanese Ditto to make the Shiny chances better can get one from me: 5156 4291 4002
hey can we go on now?

my fc is 1935 3013 9422

what do you want? should i just trade you a NA ditto?

btkadams said:
hey can we go on now?

my fc is 1935 3013 9422

what do you want? should i just trade you a NA ditto?
Any vendor trash is fine, already got a NA Ditto so if you need it don't give it to me. Getting in the Union room now!

Wizpig

viciouskillersquirrel said:
It works on IVs rather than total stats, I think.
=(

I though the only NPC who could win a contest like that with a Metapod would be this guy here.

I could randomly try Metroid Killer's contest (once again awesome job) but can anyone trade me an English Charmander? what do you want for it? I have some HeartGold exclusives.

btkadams

Metroid Killer said:
Any vendor trash is fine, already got a NA Ditto so if you need it don't give it to me. Getting in the Union room now!
im in there now. you haent showed up yet hmmm. ill recheck the friend code i entered.

EDIT: thanks a bunch! :)

Can anyone tell me why Outrage is considered a useable move now? I haven't kept up with the metagame for a long while, but I've always thought of Outrage as the move you use when you wanted to give a Steelix or something a free switch-in to Rock Slide your dragon into the grave. Is it just for late-game house cleaning when you know what to expect?

Firestorm

you people and your contest

THIS IS WHY THAT CHARMANDER WAS ABANDONED IN THAT EPISODE OF POKEMON

matrix-cat said:
Can anyone tell me why Outrage is considered a useable move now? I haven't kept up with the metagame for a long while, but I've always thought of Outrage as the move you use when you wanted to give a Steelix or something a free switch-in to Rock Slide your dragon into the grave. Is it just for late-game house cleaning when you know what to expect?
They upped the base damage from 90 to 120.

matrix-cat said:
I'm not into the Metagame, but what I have read about it is that it's considered as a last resort Dragon Counter move, when shit is going down the drain you go all out with Outrage.

Also JGR if you want the Arceus now I can get in the Union Room and lend it to you.

Firestorm said:
you people and your contest

THIS IS WHY THAT CHARMANDER WAS ABANDONED IN THAT EPISODE OF POKEMON

They upped the base damage from 90 to 120.
:lol

Metroid Killer said:
Also JGR if you want the Arceus now I can get in the Union Room and lend it to you.
Cool. I'll head to the room.

Do I have to do anything outside of going to the Alph ruins?

Jet Grind Radio! said:
:lol

Cool. I'll head to the room.

Do I have to do anything outside of going to the Alph ruins?
Try to the enter one of the houses there(close to the East Entrance to the Alph ruins) with only Arceus in your party and that'll trigger the event.

How long does it usually take until a Charmander hatches? Reason I'm asking is because it takes around 10,000 steps for a Bagon to hatch and I've hatched 12 of them not getting the nature I wanted.

Cool beans. I;ll head there as soon as I can.

Also, I'm in the room, MK.
Shadowlink said:
How long does it usually take until a Charmander hatches? Reason I'm asking is because it takes around 10,000 steps for a Bagon to hatch and I've hatched 12 of them not getting the nature I wanted.
Get a Magmar/Magby with Flame Body, use the bike up and down Goldenrod and it'll take about 5-10 minutes.

Linkhero1

Shadowlink said:
According to Serebii.net it takes 5,120 Steps to hatch a Charmander.

Shadowlink said:
10455 for Bagon, 5355 for Charmander.

Though get a pokemon with Magma Armor or Flame Body(slugma, magmar) in your party and you cut half of the steps, so a Charmander is only 2678 steps.

Edit: Hmm I don't see you in there JGR what's your FC again?

Jet Grind Radio! said:
Get a Magmar/Magby with Flame Body, use the bike up and down Goldenrod and it'll take about 5-10 minutes.

Linkhero1 said:
According to Serebii.net it takes 5,120 Steps to hatch a Charmander.

Metroid Killer said:
10455 for Bagon, 5355 for Charmander.

Though get a pokemon with Magma Armor or Flame Body(slugma, magmar) in your party and you cut half of the steps, so a Charmander is only 2678 steps.

Thanks guys! Guess I'll join in with the rest of you guys. Anyone have a Japanese ditto?

Linkhero1 said:
I don't like asking for stuff but I wouldn't mind a Japanese Ditto as well.
It's not asking when I'm giving them away ;-)

Jet Grind Radio! said:
I was standing there for a while. My FC is 0002 5730 8163.
Hmm why can't I check my friends FC anymore? I had you in my palpad but couldn't get the FC... so I deleted and entered you in again... And now you are there...

Weird.

My FC 5156 4291 4002

^It's the Arceus Event where you can get one of the Dialka, Palga, and Giratina monsters
Jet Grind Radio! said:
I gave ya my Amphy so I can make sure to give you back Arceus, MK. Gonna do the event now.
Sure, don't rush it though, choose wisely!

Metroid Killer said:
^It's the Arceus Event where you can get one of the Dialka, Palga, and Giratina monsters
I actually know what I want, Giratina. Especially since I have Diamond and Pearl, so I can easilly get the last two.

Linkhero1

Metroid Killer said:

Oh

btw Thanks for the ditto Metroid Killer ^_^

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'm kinda leaning towards picking up HeartGold now. Then I get two of everything, I can pick another Johto/Kanto/Hoenn starter and another one of the Arceus Pokemon (in this case Dialga, completing my collection of Sinnoh Pokegods.)

AND I'd have an extra Pokewalker. Hrm... I did get both at the same time when I was a kid. Should I try and replicate the experience? :lol

Andrex said:
I'm kinda leaning towards picking up HeartGold now. Then I get two of everything, I can pick another Johto/Kanto/Hoenn starter and another one of the Arceus Pokemon (in this case Dialga, completing my collection of Sinnoh Pokegods.)

AND I'd have an extra Pokewalker. Hrm... I did get both at the same time when I was a kid. Should I try and replicate the experience? :lol
But is that really worth the price for an extra game??? You can get all the startes free from me and others in here, and I'm sure there's a kind soul who'll trade his Sinnoh Gods to you(if so tell me as well!)
Jet Grind Radio! said:
I actually know what I want, Giratina. Especially since I have Diamond and Pearl, so I can easilly get the last two.
Nice that's what I chose as well, he sprite is ridiculously huge, can't see shit when using him at the pokeathlon :lol

I'm not seeing you in the Union Room Shadowlink?

Top Bottom