• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Jet Grind Radio! said:
Yup. :lol

Jesus. This Ditto and Charmander fuck like rabbits. Damn.
Puberty's a bitch. :lol

Wizpig

The_Technomancer said:
There was a thread a while back where someone linked to a giant like...poster thing of a ton of them.

FAKE EDIT: Found it: http://blog.livedoor.jp/agraphlog-asamegraph/temp/pokehyaku.html
Wow, do we know the artist? should I ask him first?
I call dibs on Mew or Mewtwo if those 2 aren't already in use by some member.
Sixfortyfive said:
I keep animations on until I'm completely done with the main singleplayer stuff. Once it gets to the point where all I'm doing is Battle Frontier and EV training, they go off and stay off.
I've tried to put them on again -- guess what -- just before a 2 vs. 2... let's just say it wasn't fast.

Off again, damn.
Jet Grind Radio! said:
Jesus. This Ditto and Charmander fuck like rabbits. Damn.
:lol

notsol337

marked forever
cvxfreak said:
If I have time later this month, I might start an event Arceus lending service to NeoGAF members with at least 1 year of posting history and 1000+ posts, and starting with posters I'm familiar with. Stay tuned ;)

If you're who I think you are, you're the reason I finished the REmake! <3<3<3

Wichu

Why is everyone so obsessed with shiny Charmander? I had 3 or 4 spare ones a while back (RNGed, but not cloned); I gave them away at the UK Arceus event. I didn't have any way of checking IVs while breeding them (I was on a train), so I RNGed a few to be on the safe side. The final result (shiny Adamant 31/31/31/31/31/31 with Belly Drum) is currently sitting in my Pearl box.

Anyway, is anybody else annoyed by the sprite glitches/inconsistencies in HG/SS? For example, when you play as the boy, the icon on the Pokédex area map is completely different than the one on the Pokégear map (the hat is completely yellow, and the hairstyle is different). Also, with the new sprites for the original 251, a few back sprites and shiny sprites have been messed up. For example, Lickitung's back sprite has a weird-looking tongue (the mid and dark shades of the tongue colour were changed, but the light colour wasn't; this isn't visible on the front sprite, but it is on the back), Elekid's back sprite has the light and mid shades of yellow switched, and Hoppip's shiny sprite has colour issues with its feet.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Awesome! Enjoy your new ratatta, Metroid Killer! If anybody needs me, I'll be biking around route 34 for the rest of my life.

Kyzer

Banned
Wichu said:
Why is everyone so obsessed with shiny Charmander? I had 3 or 4 spare ones a while back (RNGed, but not cloned); I gave them away at the UK Arceus event. I didn't have any way of checking IVs while breeding them (I was on a train), so I RNGed a few to be on the safe side. The final result (shiny Adamant 31/31/31/31/31/31 with Belly Drum) is currently sitting in my Pearl box.

Anyway, is anybody else annoyed by the sprite glitches/inconsistencies in HG/SS? For example, when you play as the boy, the icon on the Pokédex area map is completely different than the one on the Pokégear map (the hat is completely yellow, and the hairstyle is different). Also, with the new sprites for the original 251, a few back sprites and shiny sprites have been messed up. For example, Lickitung's back sprite has a weird-looking tongue (the mid and dark shades of the tongue colour were changed, but the light colour wasn't; this isn't visible on the front sprite, but it is on the back), Elekid's back sprite has the light and mid shades of yellow switched, and Hoppip's shiny sprite has colour issues with its feet.

This is what I'm talking about when I say they're being lazy with the sprites. I think I would rather just have a larger view that reflects the environment, you can still see the trainers yelling out commands (or pointing), and everyone just uses the front sprite. There's no need to even have back sprites.

Better yet, just imagine Pokemon themed DBZ: Attack of the Saiyans

LiQuid!

Aw good lord. You mean to tell me I can't take the ship back to Johto unless it's a Wednesday or a Sunday?! I can't fly back?! The bullet train is broken?! What the eff?!

Nayishiki

LiQuid! said:
Aw good lord. You mean to tell me I can't take the ship back to Johto unless it's a Wednesday or a Sunday?! I can't fly back?! The bullet train is broken?! What the eff?!

Use fly and Go to Indigo Plateau, then use Fly and go to a Jotho location.

Safari Zones's Magneton is drivind me crazy... It's hard to find, and when you finally find the son of a bitch, it escapes after you throw the first Pokeball that won't shake not even ONCE!

Now why I'm trying to catch a fucking Magneton is beyond me, but it's my current challenge and I won't care about shit story-line until I catch this idiot.

upandaway

They really should have made the map a double-screen map. Just touch the right edge and bam.
But I guess that's too complex for GameFreak...

In other news, I officially hit the last day I'm allowing myself to play my DS. I guess I'll still visit the thread (there's only so much I can study), but no Pokemon until middle of July!

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
upandaway said:
They really should have made the map a double-screen map. Just touch the right edge and bam.

In other news, I officially hit the last day I'm allowing myself to play my DS. I guess I'll still visit the thread (there's only so much I can study), but no Pokemon until middle of July!
Isn't that how the map worked in G/S/C? Well, minus the "touch" part of course.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
1. I really wish the Sinnoh Underground was back. I miss getting really easy heart scales and evolution stones
2. Dammit mom, stop buying me berries and buy me more items.
3. Maybe I just haven't received it yet, but I really miss the VS Seeker to instantly re-battle and get quick cash. The Pokegear phone is nice and all, but it isn't the same

upandaway

The_Technomancer said:
Isn't that how the map worked in G/S/C? Well, minus the "touch" part of course.
I have vivid memories of constantly swimming 6-7 tiles from New Bark in order to get into the Kanto map, as well as fly to Indigo in order to get to the Johto map.

If it really worked that way back then, I will feel really stupid.

Edit: Thanks guy, I'll need it.

upandaway said:

Good luck with your schoolwork, dude.

Mr. Sam

Fuck you and your freakish ability to pop out of pokeballs, Lugia! All this time in a cave must make you wish for death by pokemon trainer, I guess.

notsol337

marked forever
Johnlenham said:
Goddamn it I killed Snorlax and didnt realize theres only one :(

I'm actually stuck on this part. Lugia went into my first Heavy ball... I've thrown way too many Heavy balls at snorlax. HE JUST WON'T GET INTO THE DAMN BALL.

Neither will the sleeping 1hp legendary dogs.

><

LiQuid!

Wish the stretch of land near the daycare was as big in HG/SS as it was in D/P/Pt. Kind of a pain in the butt having to change directions so often. Just under a box of charmanders bred so far and none of the little bastards is yellow. Back to it...

jman2050

btkadams said:
man, is it like impossible to get a female pokemon through breeding? why would they make it so that its not 50/50?

Doesn't it depend on the pokemon? Like you would only have a 1/8th chance of getting a female starter for example.

LiQuid!

I think my ditto and charmander are falling out of love. :(

For the first box they were humping like bunnies. Every time I deposited a freshly hatched charmander there was a new egg waiting for me. Now that I'm working on my second box I got down to my last egg before they shat out a new one for me! Think I'm gonna have to pull the charmander out and give him a bouquet of flowers or a box of chocolates to get ditto randy again...

Reich

Nayishiki said:
I can give you a Electirizer. My Fc is 1505 7817 2308.

Going online : FC : 2278 9136 9968

We gonna trade, then we gonna trade again to make electabuzz evole. thx lots!

Hex

Banned
btkadams said:
man, is it like impossible to get a female pokemon through breeding? why would they make it so that its not 50/50?

It is rather easy unless you are trying an Eevee

Axis said:
outrage>dragon rush...especially for dealing with lance.

upandaway said:
You do not want to have 10HP and miss a Blast Burn.
You just don't.

Also, you can go Eruption for the first half of your HP, then switch to Flamethrower later on. Typhlosion's ability makes it so Flamethrower will grow stronger when he's in the red, and be close to as strong as Blast Burn (142 as opposed to 150).

Edit: Also I think Thunderbolt will work better on Dragonite (against Ice Beam). You've got Dragon and Ground covered, so you're switching grass effectiveness to water effectiveness, which is the better type to be strong against.

Thanks for the advice, I had forgotten about Typhlosion's ability. Any ideas for the last move?

Now for something completely different, I have imported an Absol from Ruby and have been breeding him because I wanted to try chain breeding. Now I have several Absol which know Faint Attack that I'll be releasing unless someone wants one. If you happen to want one, just tell me.

mCACGj

When the hell can I get an Exp. Share?? I know I can win the lottery at the radio station or whatever, but my luck is not so good.

Hex

Banned
mCACGj said:
When the hell can I get an Exp. Share?? I know I can win the lottery at the radio station or whatever, but my luck is not so good.

If you get the red scale from Gyrados at Lake of Rage, you take it to Mr Pokemon and he will trade you an EXp share for the scale

Wizpig

I just noticed the japanese cart of the game is black... well, the european one isn't, at least not Gold.
What about the US one?

Wizpig said:
I just noticed the japanese cart of the game is black... well, the european one isn't, at least not Gold.
What about the US one?

EU Heart Gold is black, it's the first thing that struck me when I went to put the game in my DS and noticed it was far darker than Super Princess Peach.

Wizpig said:
What about the US one?

The US one is black, I think it has something to do with transmitting the infrared. Are you sure the european one isn't? That seems weird.

Wizpig

Yeah sorry I'm daltonic stupid, it's black.
It just didn't seem that dark, but when I saw the japanese one in a photo I noticed, definitely darker than other DS games.

I want the colored (red/blue/gold/silver/etc.) Pokémon carts back :S

LiQuid!

Wizpig said:
Yeah sorry I'm daltonic stupid, it's black.
It just didn't seem that dark, but when I saw the japanese one in a photo I noticed, definitely darker than other DS games.

I want the colored (red/blue/gold/silver/etc.) Pokémon carts back :S
Ours is black too. What color is yours? DS cards are so small I don't think coloring them would have as much novelty value as the old GB carts.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Azure Phoenix said:
I don't care about competitive battling so I want to use my favourite Pokemon for the main game, hence why I won't be evolving my Togepi or Mareep and why I intend to use Sableye and Bellossom.

And thanks very much, I'll take you up on that offer if I don't find one by then.
Sableye fans UNITE!

Hex

Banned
God damn it, I killed Raikou accidentally
How do I get another shot at him.

Edit: Nevermind, I just reset to before the fight and will try again another time.

Top Bottom