• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Fusebox

Banned
Closed my lid this morning for a minute or so to take a call and when I reopened it the power was off. Lost about 2 hours of Poke-ing, still have no idea what happened. :(

Hex

Banned
Fusebox said:
Closed my lid this morning for a minute or so to take a call and when I reopened it the power was off. Lost about 2 hours of Poke-ing, still have no idea what happened. :(

I think only certain games support the sleep function

eosos

Banned
Anyone have an extra metal coat and want to help me evolve my onix? You can help evolve kadabra too! Thanks! (FC is 4855 9001 7947):D :D

Fusebox said:
Did you accidentally removed the cart? I did that last Saturday as I was grabbing it, my finger landed on the cart slot and I pushed down and it came out.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Fusebox said:
It probably ran out of battery.

Sorry to hear. This happened to me a lot during the old Game Boy days :p

Fusebox

Banned
The_Technomancer said:
No, this one definitely does.

Was your battery low, perchance?

No, full battery. The only thing I can think of is that I somehow pressed the power button but closing the lid is such a quick action I cant imagine how I would have held the power button long enough for it to power off. :(

Wizpig

The game still "lives" when in sleep mode if I am not mistaken.
Like... the NPCs still move even if the 2 screens are off because it's in sleep mode.

I don't know if that helps about battery drainage, probably not.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
LiQuid! said:
Hate? Charmander? Once you've become desensitized to its awesomeness I think it might be time to throw in the towel! If the price you have to pay for a shiny charmander is to gain a disdain towards them, I think that might be too great a cost! :lol
Yeah, well LiQuid! from yesterday, what you don't realize is that after filling up six boxes, every time you hatch one of those sons of bitches it actually seems like they're getting less and less shiny! It's like the mind games make them more orange every time! You might even eventually start talking to yourself from the madness.

SaintZ

Karen's Umbreon
is getting on my last motherf*cking nerve. It is all *double team**double team**double team**confuse ray**double team**double team*. GAH!

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
LiQuid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's your Friend Code? :lol
3524-4520-4614

I'll connect in a moment.

SaintZ said:
Karen's Umbreon
is getting on my last motherf*cking nerve. It is all *double team**double team**double team**confuse ray**double team**double team*. GAH!

My Scyther 2HKO'd her Umbreon with X-Scissor. She only gets to double team once. :D

My first shiny has become my first shiny again. Apparently, back in 2003 I caught a shiny Koffing and today, while trading them to the Pal Park and catching them, the Koffing appeard and stars surrounded it. It's a shame you can't breed shinies =/

LiQuid!

Ha, good info! Surprising considering how bad Game Freak sucks at creating functional UIs.

LiQuid!

Again, anybody who wants a charmander, either to use (lemme know what nature you want) or just to expand their lexicon of trainer ID's to increase their chance of winning the lottery, give me a holler. I'll be around for a bit longer while I finish watching some Giant Bomb vids.

LiQuid!

eosos said:
I hate you voltorb flip, just give me a dratini... please?
Way easier in the pokewalker, from personal experience. And the TM's... Totally jumping back to D/P/Pt if I need any of those. Lotta people like Voltorb Flip for whatever reason. I think even after learning the strategy of it, there's too much guesswork involved to make it a viable alternative to just spamming the exploitable slot in D/P/Pt.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
After about half a dozen tries I finally got my Adamant Red Gyarados! :D :D :D First time I've done something like this and it actually worked out. ^_^

And it's male! Not sexist, I like having an even split on my team, but something about a Gyarados just exudes masculinity. :p

LiQuid!

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Isn't there a Voltorb Flip solver online somewhere? If not, one can't be all that hard to program.
Fact: If you can provide a link to that you will be my new best friend.

LiQuid!

Andrex said:
After about half a dozen tries I finally got my Adamant Red Gyarados! :D :D :D First time I've done something like this and it actually worked out. ^_^

And it's male! Not sexist, I like having an even split on my team, but something about a Gyarados just exudes masculinity. :p
I hear ya, holmes. I have a female geodude cum golem on my squad and it irks me just knowing about it.

Isn't there a Voltorb Flip solver online somewhere? If not, one can't be all that hard to program.

All the ones I've used online so far are just probability solvers. In my experience the "most likely to be safe" tile is still wrong 50% of the time or more...which can clearly be pegged to the nature of random numbers, but royally sucks in a game like Voltorb where a couple of mistakes put you all the way back at the beginning.

I don't think I've ever seen Lv.7 of Voltorb - even with a solver it's pretty common to get 2-3 incorrect, in a row, by the time I hit lv.5 or 6.

eosos

Banned
Jet Grind Radio! said:
I'd take a Weedle. I don't really care too much about getting anything.
Awesome!! Can I trade a kadabra first then trade the kadabra back for a bellsprout? My FC is 4855 9001 7947

http://voltorbflip.lanowen.com/

There's always a bit of guesswork involved, even with solvers but this'll get a lot of the "grunt" algorithm work out of the way.

This one worked out pretty well for me. I would usually hover around level 5/6, sometimes the spot that has the lowest chance of a voltorb just happens to have one, so luck still applies.

eosos said:
Awesome!! Can I trade a kadabra first then trade the kadabra back for a bellsprout? My FC is 4855 9001 7947
If I can do the same. :lol My FC is 0002 5730 8163. Let me breed one really quick. I'll let you know when it's hatched.

eosos

Banned
Jet Grind Radio! said:
No problem. I want to help out others as much as others have helped me out.

Also, the Dratini hatched so I'll be heading into the Union Room.
Alright, I think I'm in the right place there's a girl(guy?) sitting in a corner acting lonely, is this the place?

Andrex said:
Are Mushrooms worth anything?
A few hundred moneys in the shops. To sell, anyway.

eosos said:
Alright, I think I'm in the right place there's a girl(guy?) sitting in a corner acting lonely, is this the place?
I guess it helps if I add you first. :lol

Edit: Make sure you're in the basement of the Pokécenter.

eosos

Banned
Jet Grind Radio! said:

I guess it helps if I add you first. :lol

Edit: Make sure you're in the basement of the Pokécenter.
Oh !! Which person?
edit: Found you!!

WEGGLES

Fusebox said:
I had that. It wasn't off, the screen was just black as though it didn't recognize it was open again. Sucked hard :[

*saves game*

I realise that is slightly OT but has anyone got the explosion TM in diamond/Pearl. I would really like to put a qwilfish onto my rain dance team and i want him to have explosion. I know it's at game corner or something but im not sure how to get it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Jet Grind Radio! said:

There's no ulterior use?

Oh and dumb question, on Wi-Fi matches do nicknames show up for the other person?

Top Bottom