• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

eosos

Banned
Jet Grind Radio! said:
Nope. Sorry. I hate how you don't get some items to help Pokémon evolve until after you get the National Pokédex.
National Pokedex? Thanks for the charmander!!

After you beat the Elite Four
and go on the SS Aqua
you get the National Pokédex which has all Pokémon from Generation I to IV. Instead, of course, to the Regional Pokédex in HGSS.

Also, no problem. I have a box full of them. :lol

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Used 111 Premier Balls on Mewtwo so far. He can't have much PP left. -_-

I think I must hate myself. There's no other reason I'd go through with this.

Sixfortyfive said:
Used 111 Premier Balls on Mewtwo so far. He can't have much PP left. -_-

I think I must hate myself. There's no other reason I'd go through with this.
You really like Premier Balls. Why, just like having them in that unique version of the Pokeball?

FSLink

Banned
I assume it's because Pokemon look awesome coming out of Premier Balls. :D

I wish there was a way to change out Pokeballs...it sucks that every Pokemon that comes out of an egg is always in a normal Pokeball.

Sixfortyfive

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
You really like Premier Balls. Why, just like having them in that unique version of the Pokeball?
Pretty much. That and it looks classy.

Pokemon that can breed go in normal Poke Balls.
Pokemon that can't breed go in Premier Balls.

I don't buy any other type.

Jet Grind Radio! said:
Why don't you use the Master Ball?
Even if I still used Master Balls, I'd save mine for one of the roamers. Wasting one on a stationary legend is stupid.

EDIT: 120 balls thrown and it Struggles. *reset*

Sixfortyfive said:
Even if I still used Master Balls, I'd save mine for one of the roamers. Wasting one on a stationary legend is stupid.

EDIT: 120 balls thrown and it Struggles. *reset*
Still. After about 20ish balls, tee hee, I'd 've thrown the Master Ball on him.

Sixfortyfive

It did, however, only take me from my last post until now to generate another Mewtwo with perfect stats.

Trying this again.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
bluebird said:
What exactly is happening in this picture?

There are no random numbers in computers. Often times they use time to give the appearance of randomocity, and Sixfourtyfive is changing the DS time to seed the numbers so he can get the right stats.

Resilient

That seems really tedious :lol

I really need to get a start on HG. I've played for about an hour until I decided I wanted to rush through Emerald once more before I started. I do this every time a new Pokemon is released D:

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Andrex said:
For example, the places I remember seeing wild beedrill or ditto or w.e the hell else was once native in specific spots are now..rattata and woopers evolution.

Seems like all of the spots that i remember certain pokemon being in have been changed to rattata.

Sixfortyfive

Most of the locations I've noticed seem to be the same. Abra and Jigglypuff and Chansey all show up where they used to (or in Chansey's case, as close as possible). Also remember that JP Red/Green, US Red/Blue, and Yellow all had slightly different layouts.

I haven't really been working towards completing the Pokedex yet though. Sitting at 115 caught right now.

so how many people around here are relying on that RNG thing? Like, should I just give up on battling and winning against anyone using RNG for perfect stats? I figured it'd be a hard enough time trying to go with UU and NU pokemon like noctowl and feraligatr, but now I am at even more a disadvangtage.....

Sixfortyfive

TestOfTide said:
so how many people around here are relying on that RNG thing? Like, should I just give up on battling and winning against anyone using RNG for perfect stats? I figured it'd be a hard enough time trying to go with UU and NU pokemon like noctowl and feraligatr, but now I am at even more a disadvangtage.....
I am pretty sure that Wichu utilizes it. Don't remember if anyone else does.

All of my teams end up being gimmick oriented, so I'm never really at an advantage anyway. My current main team has only 1 OU.

Is it Sunday yet? I need a Magnet to power up Ampharos. She's just not doing as much damage as I like. Then again, I can pretty easily OHKO most of the E4's Pokémon right now. Just the stuff that's weak to Electric attacks that's the problem. Maybe I should just try and find a Thunder TM. Also still need to grind Alakazam. He's good at dishing out pretty good Psychic damage for being only lvl. 34.

VOOK said:
Yeeesss...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
There is one tiniest detail they changed in these remakes that has annoyed the hell out of me, and that's the downgrade of the day care. Specifically, the outside area. I felt like bringing it up since I loved fishing for Corsola there.

Odious Tea said:
Hey, guys. If you own an app compatible i-device, get this now. It's just been updated and it's actually pretty goddamn perfect.

I didn't make it and don't know the guy that did. I swear.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/aaa-pokedex/id361987003?mt=8
I use the app all the time when I'm away from home. :lol Let's see if this adds what I want.

Andrex said:
There is one tiniest detail they changed in these remakes that has annoyed the hell out of me, and that's the downgrade of the day care. Specifically, the outside area. I felt like bringing it up since I loved fishing for Corsola there.
What did they change? It's been so long since I last played Silver, that I don't remember.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Jet Grind Radio! said:
I use the app all the time when I'm away from home. :lol Let's see if this adds what I want.

What did they change? It's been so long since I last played Silver, that I don't remember.

Gold/Silver:

qnmlus.jpg

Best image I could find. There was a tiny little pond in the bottom right corner too.

HeartGold/SuperiorSilver:

kouo1.jpg

Jet Grind Radio! said:
Dude. It's pretty much perfect. Maybe a few quibbles with the UI, but certainly nothing major.

Love your username. :)

Ooooh ok.

Odious Tea said:
Dude. It's pretty much perfect. Maybe a few quibbles with the UI, but certainly nothing major.

Love your username. :)
Ooh. I can switch between different evolutions. Even seperated by Generations. AND it has locations. Wow. This is FANTASTIC now.

Also, thanks. My favorite DC game.

Andrex said:
:lol

Who's the one sleeping on Ash's butt?
Nevermind that.

Who is that misty?

om nom nom

Fake edit:
Wow at the gold/silver screens. It's hard to believe that those are the same games I played just five years ago or so. Time really has flown by.

Top Bottom