• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

OMG Aero

Odious Tea said:
Hey, guys. If you own an app compatible i-device, get this now. It's just been updated and it's actually pretty goddamn perfect.

I didn't make it and don't know the guy that did. I swear.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/aaa-pokedex/id361987003?mt=8
Damn I already bought another Pokedex app but this one looks really cool. I hope there's a sale soon, that'd make me feel not so bad for buying two apps that do the same thing.

Leveling up a Pupitar from 30 to 55 is the most boring shit ever, especially when you aint gonna do anything with it besides from filling the pokedex.

Metroid Killer said:
Leveling up a Pupitar from 30 to 55 is the most boring shit ever, especially when you aint gonna do anything with it besides from filling the pokedex.
It's only the most boring thing ever if you do it the old fashioned way. Just grind at the E4 with an experience share attached to pupitar and an amulet coin attached to your sweeper for some quick cash and a new tyranitar in 40 minutes or so.
VOOK said:
I don't know how to feel. This generation is the first time I've played pokemon games with access to the internet. It feels kind of strange to get my hands of SS only to find out that the next main game is coming out somewhere else already.

hmm

You know what I just realized? With Nintendo bending to the whims of the EU on the issue of gambling in Pokemon, we'll never get that Battle Frontier gambling guy back. Ever. :(

But that's what I'm already doing and then I got a Bagon next in line ;_;

And why are there so many annoying pokemans that wont evolve until late 30s (I'm looking at you Slugma!!)

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
I just attached thief to my false swipe scyther so him and butterfree have made me a nice little item stealing team. Wondering if anyone knows of any trainers with some good stealable items in kanto. Just got here and I missed an opportunity to steal a black sludge from a trainer on the cycling road.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
FootNinja said:
Wondering if anyone knows of any trainers with some good stealable items in kanto.
- Encounter Snorlax.
- Steal Leftovers.
- KO Snorlax.
- Beat E4 again to make Snorlax respawn.
- Repeat.

upandaway

Metroid Killer said:
Did that just a couple days ago when I last played the game.

I leveled up two Larvitars (one to Tyranitar and one to Pupitar), both from level 1. Needed to do it as fast as possible.

I just got a Linoone with Surf and Water Pulse, and started wailing at the Victory Road in Platinum. It leveled up about 30 levels to 70, and in the process found 10 Rare Candies (all of which I used to level Larvitar from 45 to 55).

Sixfortyfive said:
- Encounter Snorlax.
- Steal Leftovers.
- KO Snorlax.
- Beat E4 again to make Snorlax respawn.
- Repeat.
Which Snorlax(are there more than one?), I knocked out the one in front of the Diglett cave and I haven't seen it since, and I have battled E4 plenty times already.

Sixfortyfive

Metroid Killer said:
Which Snorlax(are there more than one?), I knocked out the one in front of the Diglett cave and I haven't seen it since, and I have battled E4 plenty times already.
Check the Cycling Road and Silence Bridge paths, close to the two places it appeared in RBY. That's usually where it respawns.

I haven't even tried stealing multiple Leftovers from him myself, but I think it should work. Also worth trying for Ho-Oh and Sacred Ash.

upandaway

Andrex said:
How'd you find the rare candies?
Linoone's pickup ability means that if it's over level 41 (I think, the details are at Bulbapedia), it has a low% chance of picking up a Rare Candy.

I was actually looking for a Lucky Egg (levels 41-60) :(

I hate to only show up when asking for something, but...

My (female) friend has become rather fond of Shaymin, and I'd rather not give away mine now that I've reached 493/493. Does anyone have one to trade? Mine is one of the legit event ones, but I'm sure she wouldn't mind what the source of hers is; I doubt she'd even know the difference.

As usual, I have various items and any breedable Pokemon available to trade.

P.S.
Anyone needing a breedable Pokemon can feel free to PM me with a few requests... I'm not just here to beg from others! My FC is 0043 9607 2289.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
24oaxi8.jpg

LOOK AT WHAT THIS GAME HAS TURNED ME INTO

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
So if anyone could suggest a good Gen 2 Pokemon for the sixth slot on my team, that'd be great. <3

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Metroid Killer said:
Who's in your team?

Spoiler'd in case I decide to enter the competitive tourney:

It's shaping up to be Raichu, Gyarados, Empoleon, Togekiss, and Snorlax.
As gen 2 is my favorite I figured it could use some representation. :3

upandaway

Andrex said:
Spoiler'd in case I decide to enter the competitive tourney:

It's shaping up to be Raichu, Gyarados, Empoleon, Togekiss, and Snorlax.
As gen 2 is my favorite I figured it could use some representation. :3
Crobat, Houndoom, Steelix
?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Thanks for the replies guys.

upandaway said:
Crobat, Houndoom, Steelix
?

Eh, eh, and maybe... I looked into Crobat but eh... Never liked Houndoom either...

Metroid Killer said:
The only ones I can think of that wouldn't repeat your other types are Espeon, Umreon and Heracross.

Yeah. I guess I'd probably go with Espeon.

Is chaining Pokemon in D/P/Pt more effective for finding a shiny than breeding with a foreign Ditto? I'm thinking of just picking up a cheap used copy of Pearl and chaining for a shiny Oddish, after 400+ failed eggs I've lost all hope of ever getting one from breeding.

Sixfortyfive

Azure Phoenix said:
Is chaining Pokemon in D/P/Pt more effective for finding a shiny than breeding with a foreign Ditto?
By an order of magnitude or more if you do it right.

Gravijah

Azure Phoenix said:
Is chaining Pokemon in D/P/Pt more effective for finding a shiny than breeding with a foreign Ditto? I'm thinking of just picking up a cheap used copy of Pearl and chaining for a shiny Oddish, after 400+ failed eggs I've lost all hope of ever getting one from breeding.

The thing is, chaining takes more attention. You can just sit and breed while doing other things if you want, but chaining from my experience means you had to just sit there watching most of the time.

Delio

So yeah my save file in HG got deleted. I'm totally not sure how it did but i'm basically starting from scracth. Which is horrible since i sent over all my ev trained pokes lol. Eh no big though i'm running thru a lot faster this time and constantly rotating my team so i have various things at lv 50. Elite should be quite a breeze.

Delio said:
So yeah my save file in HG got deleted. I'm totally not sure how it did but i'm basically starting from scracth. Which is horrible since i sent over all my ev trained pokes lol. Eh no big though i'm running thru a lot faster this time and constantly rotating my team so i have various things at lv 50. Elite should be quite a breeze.
If that happened to me right now I would go into lockdown mode...

Gah how many berries must I get before I win this damn TM at the dept store! Argh!

Gravijah

Delio said:

How did you manage that? Don't you have to input some kind of button combination to erase your file?

Sixfortyfive

Delio said:
So yeah my save file in HG got deleted. I'm totally not sure how it did but i'm basically starting from scracth.
Oh god what. D: How is that even possible? There is at least one backup save on the cart. If the main file gets corrupted, then the backup file should be loaded instead and you'll get a notice about it.

If you're absolutely sure that no one else deleted it deliberately, I'd suspect that the cartridge is faulty somehow.

Gravijah

Sixfortyfive said:
Oh god what. D: How is that even possible? There is at least one backup save on the cart. If the main file gets corrupted, then the backup file should be loaded instead and you'll get a notice about it.

If you're absolutely sure that no one else deleted it deliberately, I'd suspect that the cartridge is faulty somehow.

That's what I was thinking. I'd exchange it before you lose it again.

Sixfortyfive

cdyhybrid said:
Any easy way to get Rare Candies in HG? Need a few to check IVs for breeding.
There are at least 22 lying around the ground. Keep that Itemfinder open at all times.

Delio

Sixfortyfive said:

Well i have little cousins that like to try my games. I wouldnt doubt they would be smart enough ti figure out the button imput. Eh it;s ok though i'm pretty much almost done with the Jotho journey. I really need to get Pokerus on here though..

Gravijah said:
The thing is, chaining takes more attention. You can just sit and breed while doing other things if you want, but chaining from my experience means you had to just sit there watching most of the time.

To be honest I've got no problem staring at the screen for 5 hours straight if it will produce a shiny, what I dislike is the uncertainty of the breeding. It takes around an hour to obtain and hatch a box full of eggs and the chances are still low enough that it could take hundreds of hours before one appears.

Gravijah

Azure Phoenix said:
To be honest I've got no problem staring at the screen for 5 hours straight if it will produce a shiny, what I dislike is the uncertainty of the breeding. It takes around an hour to obtain and hatch a box full of eggs and the chances are still low enough that it could take hundreds of hours before one appears.

Pretty sure after a while you're guaranteed a shiny with chaining, so that's definitely your route.

Wow 50 dusk balls and countless berries and still no TM from the Dept Store Lottery :lol

(oh well at least this is the cheaest way to get dusk ball I guess)

Edit: WTF! :lol Thanks thread magic! Got two TM42 in a row right after I posted this post :lol :lol

Edit2: Anybody with a Jolly Synchronize pokemon that I can borrow for a time? I have all Ditto natures except 4 and Jolly is one the most important that I'm missing. I happen to have a Jolly Alakazam and Xatu but they both got the wrong ability *slaps forehead*

I may have a cool pokemon that you are searching for(and evo stones, I got lots of evo stones!) Thanks

cdyhybrid

Sixfortyfive said:
There are at least 22 lying around the ground. Keep that Itemfinder open at all times.

Gonna need way more than that =\ And the Pokewalker course with them is like 19000 watts away...

While we are on questions about EVs. I plan on EV training several pokemon from my party in the near future... They have a lot of random EVs now though, is it a pain to reduce the EVs? I think I only have one EV reducing berry and it takes ages to grow more... Is it easier to just breed a new mon and train it instead?

Thread reached 10000+ posts! Woohoo!

Top Bottom