• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Metroid Killer said:
They have a lot of random EVs now though, is it a pain to reduce the EVs?
Yes. If you haven't already started growing berries and are already amassing a large number of them, just breed. I rarely use my berries for anything but legendaries (and I rarely train legendaries as it is).

EDIT: The Sinjoh Ruins Arceus cutscene becomes more hilarious every time I watch it. Who on Earth thought that was a good idea? :lol

Omg I mentioned before that I needed a Jolly Syncronizer Pokemon, so that I can get a Jolly Ditto...

Well I figured out I had a foreign Jolly Ditto and a foreign Ralts so I would just breed a Jolly Synchro Ralts myself... First 5 eggs all Ralts have synchronize, none of them are jolly -_-... Next 4 Ralts are all Jolly none of them have synchronize :lol

Sometimes this game is just torture... Oh well I hope that by posting this post my next Ralts will be perfect.

Edit: Got it! Took 3 more eggs ;-)

I'd like to give EV training a shot, but I have no pokémon infected with pokerus. Could someone please infect one of my pokémonts? I have a spare Dragon Dance+Outrage Charmander I can give in exchange for it.

Sixfortyfive

Minister of the Dog said:
I'd like to give EV training a shot, but I have no pokémon infected with pokerus. Could someone please infect one of my pokémonts? I have a spare Dragon Dance+Outrage Charmander I can give in exchange for it.
I can help you out and supply all 6 Power Items as well. Post your FC and get online with a party of 6 things to trade that you don't need returned. I can be there in about 10 minutes.

Sixfortyfive

Give me a few more minutes. Need to check the IVs on this Giratina first. (EDIT: Success! Naive 30/30/31/30/27/30 w/ Hidden Power Fire)

FC: 2750-6983-3519

Sixfortyfive

Whew. That took long enough. Logging on now.

EDIT: The nicknames on these Dittos are indicative of their IVs. "ALL 31" means that it has 31s in every stat. "24 SPATK" means it has a 24 in SpAtk and a 31 in everything else, and so forth.

UltimateIke said:
I hate to only show up when asking for something, but...

My (female) friend has become rather fond of Shaymin, and I'd rather not give away mine now that I've reached 493/493. Does anyone have one to trade? Mine is one of the legit event ones, but I'm sure she wouldn't mind what the source of hers is; I doubt she'd even know the difference.

As usual, I have various items and any breedable Pokemon available to trade.

P.S.
Anyone needing a breedable Pokemon can feel free to PM me with a few requests... I'm not just here to beg from others! My FC is 0043 9607 2289.
No one here has an Action Replay or whatever and can help me out? :(

notsol337 said:
I find my Lapras is great at OHKO'ing the stupid things. Ice Beam ftw!
Hmm. I was trying to level up Giratina, but I just caught Lapras this morning. I'll try it out. Plus it's supposed to have pretty good defenses, yea?

upandaway

Jet Grind Radio! said:
Hmm. I was trying to level up Giratina, but I just caught Lapras this morning. I'll try it out. Plus it's supposed to have pretty good defenses, yea?
HP man. It's got as much HP as Vaporeon, with a bit better defenses and much better movepool.

wow, garchomp just swept the battle frontier, 4 times over. :lol

now, if i only had the patience to play that continuosly, just to get to 48 battle points. :p

upandaway said:
HP man. It's got as much HP as Vaporeon, with a bit better defenses and much better movepool.
I remember it having quite a bit of HP in the Gen I days, so that's cool. The only issue I'm kinda worried about is I already have a Water Pokémon in my lineup, so I kinda feel it'd be too much with two. Then again, I never used my "level up" Pokémon unless it was the last one up.

JADS

UltimateIke said:

If that doesn't work out for you, I can get you an extra event Shaymin.

Is anyone interested in:

I am transferring most of my Pokémon from Diamond and I have a few of them laying around. Sent me a PM if you want one.

Natural

Just about to hit up the 8th Gym, I'm optimistic I can do the entire gym using only my level 38 Ampharos and Gyarados.

Team at the moment:

lvl 38 Ampharos
lvl 38 Graveller
lvl 37 Typhlosion
lvl 38 Gyarados
lvl 36 Pidgeot

JADS said:

Is anyone interested in:

I am transferring most of my Pokémon from Diamond and I have a few of them laying around. Sent me a PM if you want one.
I totally want them, please.

Choopy

Neo Member
:lol
JADS said:

Is anyone interested in:

Regigigas will unlock the others in-game, right?
Could I possibly get one off you when I get home?

I don't have much to offer yet., A couple Cyndaquils? :lol

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Jet Grind Radio! said:
Lance DESTROYED ME. Damn Dragonite. Ah well. At least I'm able to 1-2HKO most of the Elite Four.

Gyarados + Ice Fang became my savior.

Lance after you beat Kanto isn't that bad, but damn if he didn't give me trouble with three effing Dragonites in a row.

Andrex said:
Gyarados + Ice Fang became my savior.

Lance after you beat Kanto isn't that bad, but damn if he didn't give me trouble with three effing Dragonites in a row.
My Feraligatr has Ice Fang, but since I don't get STAB from it and I'm about 5-6 levels below his Dragonites I can't OHKO or come close. Two hits puts it in the red, but Lance a Full Restore. Then I get clobbered.

I bet. Plus having a few extra levels would help out a lot. :lol

Damn I missed a chance to get the regis *doh* Oh well I'm sure there'll be plenty more chances. It's incredible how you move from having nothing of value, then suddenly you build a powerful empire of strong and rare pokemon, through hard work of course, and then got a lot of value to trade with.

Man the game seriously need to stop throwing pokemon that wont level up until lvl40, ;_; I'l never be done with this!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Yeah I made sure my Gyarados was equal to his highest Dragonite on my second attempt. If you yourself have potions/full restores/revives it should be fine.

JADS

Sorry Axis, seems that Nintendo Wifi Connection doesn't like us :lol We can try again at a later date if you want to.

PS: I still have a few Regi sets left.

Axis

JADS said:
Sorry Axis, seems that Nintendo Wifi Connection doesn't like us :lol We can try again at a later date.

it's alright, thanks for trying anyway

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I can't get on until tonight but if you could just hold one of them for me that'd be great. Whichever one is left after the rest have been taken would be fine.

FSLink

Banned
Metroid Killer said:
Omg I mentioned before that I needed a Jolly Syncronizer Pokemon, so that I can get a Jolly Ditto...

Well I figured out I had a foreign Jolly Ditto and a foreign Ralts so I would just breed a Jolly Synchro Ralts myself... First 5 eggs all Ralts have synchronize, none of them are jolly -_-... Next 4 Ralts are all Jolly none of them have synchronize :lol

Sometimes this game is just torture... Oh well I hope that by posting this post my next Ralts will be perfect.

Edit: Got it! Took 3 more eggs ;-)
I thought you can't pass on natures if the Ditto's foreign?

Echoes

JADS said:
Sorry Axis, seems that Nintendo Wifi Connection doesn't like us :lol We can try again at a later date if you want to.

I would love a Regigigas if you happen to have one. If not, then the other 3. If not, then thanks for spreading the joy to other members; you rock either ways.

Togekiss used Air Slash
The foe's Machamp flinched!
Togekiss used Air Slash
The foe's Hitmonlee flinched!

I love my Togekiss :lol

Azure J

Man, it is absolutely painful to watch my brother play his Heart Gold while I'm recollecting the best parts of G/S/C. I need my SoulSilver soon. :(

JADS

Jet Grind Radio! said:
Sorry for all the Charmanders, JADS. Trying to breed a shiny creates an excess. :lol

Charmanders are nice, a fitting punishment for not registering your FC correctly :lol

Edit: This is what I have left, quote this post and subtract the ones that you want.
X3
X3
X3
X2

Morokh

Talking about shinies, is there a way to hunt shinies without the pokeradar from D/P ?

I'm also looking for an Electirizer, because I just found out you only find one at the very end of HG/Soulsilver :/ and I don't have Fire red xD

Echoes

JADS said:
Charmanders are nice, a fitting punishment for not registering your FC correctly :lol

Edit: This is what I have left, quote this post and subtract the ones that you want.
X3
X3
X3
X2
Thanks for the Regigigas JADS! I can activate the event to get the other 3 in Platinum, right?

Crazymoogle said:
I don't know whether to be happy or depressed.

Just caught a shiny TENTACRUEL. :lol
Be happy, I think he's actually good in competitive battling. Congrats!

JADS

Echoes said:
Thanks for the Regigigas JADS! I can activate the event to get the other 3 in Platinum, right?

Be happy, I think he's actually good in competitive battling. Congrats!

No problem, I honestly don't know if you can use it to activate the event. According to Serebii you will need a Movie 11 Gigas. The one I traded you is a regular one.

FSLink said:
I thought you can't pass on natures if the Ditto's foreign?
I had both s foreign Jolly Ditto and a foreign Ralts, thus being able to breed a domestic Jolly Ralts that could lure a domestic Jolly Ditto to my collection thanks to its ability.

JADS said:
Regis
Oh you have more!! I would like one of each. Any specific pokemon or items you are looking for I might have them. Also I wont have time to do a trade before sunday, I hope that's ok with you. These are the hardest legendaries for me to get.

JADS said:

X3
X3
X3
X2

Are you asking anything specific in return for these? I'd love 1 Regigigas if you aren't, I can transfer the other 3 from my old Sapphire cart but I don't have D/P/Pt for that one so I'd never be able to get it on my Pokedex.

Top Bottom