• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Echoes said:
Thanks for the Regigigas JADS! I can activate the event to get the other 3 in Platinum, right?

Be happy, I think he's actually good in competitive battling. Congrats!

Yes, Tentacruel is one of the very few Toxic Spikers Pokemon in OU. And he's a great Infernape counter. He's a staple of Hail Stall, being able to take on Fighting and Fire types that plague Ice, and he can even be a good offensive Pokemon (with Swords Dance to boot).

vid

JADS said:
Charmanders are nice, a fitting punishment for not registering your FC correctly :lol

Edit: This is what I have left, quote this post and subtract the ones that you want.
X3
X3
X3
X2

Would you be willing to consider trading these and then trading them back in order to help me further my Pokedex? I don't have Platinum, so the event stuff is a non-issue for me right now, but this is one of the sets that I've been trying to work out a way to get recorded.

Echoes said:
Be happy, I think he's actually good in competitive battling. Congrats!

Well unfortunately he's not a classic toxic spike build as being caught and not hatched there's no Rapid Spin. Haven't taken a look at nature of IVs yet. Tentacruel's general stats are not bad though, I guess this isn't a rattatta level problem. But I'll try to work him Tentacruel into the team...

Now if only I could breed a golden Lickitung...

JADS said:
Is anyone interested in:

I am transferring most of my Pokémon from Diamond and I have a few of them laying around. Sent me a PM if you want one.
I too am looking for an event Regigigas to unlock the other 3 Regi's in my Plat version.

Edit: Also up to 6 boxes of Charmanders and no shiny...

JADS

Xeno_Flux2113 said:
I too am looking for an event Regigigas to unlock the other 3 Regi's in my Plat version.

Edit: Also up to 6 boxes of Charmanders and no shiny...

Sorry, Its not an event gigas but a regular one caught at the Snowpoint Temple. I am not sure if it will work for the event unlock. I am sadly out of Gigas, and if vid says yes I will also be out of normal regis. I am willing to trade them to you for your Pokedex though, if I get them back.

Edit: PM'ed Azure Phoenix and Vid

JADS said:
Sorry, Its not an event gigas but a regular one caught at the Snowpoint Temple. I am not sure if it will work for th event unlock. I am sadly out of Gigas, and if vid says yes I will also be out of normal regis. I am willing to trade them to you for your Pokedex though, if I get them back.
Ah not a problem. And since its for my Plat cart I might try that GTS trick I just read up on... If I botch my save on that its not as devastating as losing my save on SoulSilver.

Edit:Oh and Haunter following you is pure awesome!

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
I really wish there was a Pokedex app for Blackberry. Been a pain having to constantly google for serebii/bulbagarden ever since pokegoons.net went down :(

mjc

Shiggie said:
they appear after a certain number of blocks and a certain number of days after you set those blocks.

So I'd have to wait 100 real time days just to catch one?

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Time to find one in a trade I suppose.

mjc said:
So I'd have to wait 100 real time days just to catch one?

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Time to find one in a trade I suppose.
If you haven't gotten one I can get you one from my plat cart.
Edit: I actually have an extra in my box... just let me know.

Natural

Think I'm gonna give up and use the Master Ball to catch Lugia. Got the fucker paralyzed and down to within the last 5/10HP of his life, and used about 25+ Ultra Balls and he still wouldn't get caught. I would try again but i've already tried about 5 times :lol

Fitz

I don't like the catching system in Pokemon, specifically with legendaries. I get that they're supposed to be all uber and hard to catch, but catching them is almost entirely luck based, the system is just rubbish. Had 64 Ultra Balls on Ho-oh at 1hp and asleep over a few attempts tonight and just rage quit in the end.

Colkate said:
I don't like the catching system in Pokemon, specifically with legendaries. I get that they're supposed to be all uber and hard to catch, but catching them is almost entirely luck based, the system is just rubbish. Had 64 Ultra Balls on Ho-oh at 1hp and asleep over a few attempts tonight and just rage quit in the end.

Does heartgold have the timer ball? Its better than the ultra ball after 30 turns...

I know this because I just went through catching the legendary in Ruby.

1hp. Asleep. Ultra balls bounced off like pebbles. After 40 moves guess what the legendary does? He uses a move that has recoil and thus KOs him.

Cue reset.

I finally figured out that the timer ball is what I needed.

Blizzard

Banned
Okay, I have super important questions. I just got the radio card by trial and error, but:

I just walked all the way back to Kurt to make sure, and he DOES use apricorns to make special balls. Why was that question false? Was it because it said "pokeballs" instead of "special types of balls"? If so that's kind of dumb. :p

Also, what about the Professor Oak thing? Is that a TV show that I was supposed to catch on a house somewhere?

Blizzard said:
Okay, I have super important questions. I just got the radio card by trial and error, but:

I just walked all the way back to Kurt to make sure, and he DOES use apricorns to make special balls. Why was that question false? Was it because it said "pokeballs" instead of "special types of balls"? If so that's kind of dumb. :p

Also, what about the Professor Oak thing? Is that a TV show that I was supposed to catch on a house somewhere?
I think its because the question is
Does Kurt use Apricots/cones, something close but not Apricorns.

ryan-ts

Natural said:
Think I'm gonna give up and use the Master Ball to catch Lugia. Got the fucker paralyzed and down to within the last 5/10HP of his life, and used about 25+ Ultra Balls and he still wouldn't get caught. I would try again but i've already tried about 5 times :lol

I caught him with a pokeball

Blizzard

Banned
Xeno_Flux2113 said:
I think its because the question is
Does Kurt use Apricots/cones, something close but not Apricorns.
Ahhhh, thanks.

Lyphen said:
Professor Oak is always on the PokeGear Radio. Top right channel if I remember right.
Well...
I thought it might be a radio program, but then you have to answer the question TO BE ABLE TO LISTEN TO THE RADIO. :lol I assume it's just something early in the game that I forgot since I hadn't been playing much.

Double D

I ended up getting Lugia after a few tries. My first time I thought I had it all planned out. Got it down to about 1 hp and pulled out Darkrai to put it to sleep. The bastard's 'Bad Dreams' killed it immediately :lol

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Woot fully EV-trained my Adament Red Gyarados~ If anyone has a space Stone Edge that'd come in REALLY useful.

Also GUYS I just turned off battle animations for the first time ever OMFG how fast this game flies!! JEEZE!

Andrex said:
Woot fully EV-trained my Adament Red Gyarados~ If anyone has a space Stone Edge that'd come in REALLY useful.

Also GUYS I just turned off battle animations for the first time ever OMFG how fast this game flies!! JEEZE!

I told myself I would turn them off just for a quick grinding session, since the animations are nice sometimes...5 days later they're still off and I have no intention of turning them back on.

OMG Aero said:
I think that in gen 5 instead of getting a Master Ball you should get a Shiny Ball which magically turns the captured Pokemon into a shiny variant.
A man can dream
Except the Shiny ball doesn't have a good catch rate and you only get one. :lol
Odious Tea said:
Hey, guys. If you own an app compatible i-device, get this now. It's just been updated and it's actually pretty goddamn perfect.

I didn't make it and don't know the guy that did. I swear.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/aaa-pokedex/id361987003?mt=8
Only thing stopping it from perfection is a common EV/IV spread, held items & movelist

Daheza

Hey I was wondering if anyone could spare one of those charmanders. I just changed my router to WEP just so I could connect to you guys :D
My Friend Code is
1376 9682 0120

SaintZ

I spent waaay too much time in
Erika's gym
. That maze is evil. And the gimmicks in
Surge's
and
Sabrina's
were annoying too. Why can't I just arrive to the place and kick the gym leader's ass?

Yall should totally download the AAAA Pokédex application on the iPhone. It has all 493 Pokémon with Locations, Sound Effects, Level Up Moves, Evolution, Egg Moves/Steps, etc. for the 4th generation of games DPPtHGSS. :)

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
jamesinclair said:
Does heartgold have the timer ball? Its better than the ultra ball after 30 turns...
There are a handful of balls that are at least twice as effective as Ultra Balls.

Gravijah

Finally replaced my Pokemon Platinum, so I'm no longer grumpy. Which starter should I pick, guys? I've used all three before in D/P.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Jet Grind Radio! said:
I hear Torterra is fantastic, or something.
torterra.png

All 3 starters are pretty good. You can't go wrong.

Gravijah

Yeah, there is no bad choice, so I'm gonna go with Turtwig this time around. I haven't used a Grass starter in a while. Plus all three are cool and have cool typings.

Top Bottom